Since when is this a demand and answer topic? :p

I thought this was one of those 'wast pages' so the other sections of the forum would be clear of nonsene.

In short, lighten up.

*Generally i think most modelers that are even remotely possible to fullfill some peoples (insane) idea's, aren't going to wast there time on it anyway. Some people think we poop addons i think :p .

Anyway, continue requesting...and no offence on the requesters. Keep on hoping :) .

Anyone thinking about porting the yomies addon from arma 1?

My bro and I would like to make a new map possibly, but the yomies from arma 1 "Dawn of the yomies" and "basic yomie template" won't work and we're unsure how to port them.

We did Quarantine Unleashed in arma 1, so it's not just idle talk, please do tell if anyone knows about any zombie mods running around.

thank yas.

somewhere i read there is someone working on.

im sure there will be a zombie mod anywhen!

Why?.

Sorry for replying lately (and thanks Elbe for clearing things :)).

Because I think it would be good to use for support in great scale amphibious landings, not just with the cannons, but also with it's Tomahawk rockets. They were used up until Desert Storm, and would be good not just for WWII, but for OAC, Project 85 or even modern scenarios.

And just to give some diverse ideas for addon makers.

I would love to see Aushilfe's Su-30's in ARMA 2. His Flankers were the best Airplane-Addons for ARMA and they would fit very well into ARMA2 as well.

Other Addons I would like to see in ArmA 2:

Helicopters:

MH-46 Sea Knight

AH-64D Apache Longbow

MI-35M CDF/RU

MH-53 SeaDragon (Saw the WIP - damn that's good looking already. Looking forward to this one)

MI-6 for the NAPA and/or Chedaki

KA-29 Helix

UH-72 Lakota

Planes:

AN-12

AN-72//74

SU-47 Berkut

MiG 29OVT Fulcrum

MiG 1.44

F-18E SuperHornet (Overhauled for ARMA 2: Franze's SuperHornet)

Civil: DHC-6 TwinOtter or a civil DHC-7 Buffalo

Heavy Armor:

Object 640/ T95 BlackEagle

T-55 "Enigma"

M88A2 Hercules

Chellanger 2 "Streetfighter"

Artillery:

TOS-1 Buratino

Smerch

Patriot

Light Armor:

Stryker APC (Different versions)

BTR-60/70 or 80 for NAPA

BTR-T

BMPT-64M

SA-6 SAM

SA-11 SAM

M48 Chaparal

M2A3 Bradley

Warrior APC

M6 Linebaker

BMP-1P "Shkval"

Wheeled/Cars:

M35A2 Truck

Mastiff Guntruck

URAL Guntruck

Ultra 3L

Gaz Tigr

Civil Gazelle Transporter

Civil Lada Niva

NAPA Lada Niva

KraZ 260 Truck

Naval:

Chernarussian Coast Guard boats

OHP Class Destroyer

MEKO 200 Class Corvette

Lafayette Class Fregatte

LCAC Transport Hovercraft

Zubr Transport Hovercraft

A-90 Orlyonok Ground Effect Vehicle

It's a bit long list I know, but these vehicles would make the armies more complete and a bit more accurate.

With this arsenal, most of it improves the russians, I could imagine a campaign only against the russians. Marines and CDF against Russia, with big scale tank battles, massive dogfights, helicopter encounters, ambushes and so on...christmas is not far anymore and it's time for wishes. :D

Since when is this a demand and answer topic? :p

I thought this was one of those 'wast pages' so the other sections of the forum would be clear of nonsene.

In short, lighten up.

*Generally i think most modelers that are even remotely possible to fullfill some peoples (insane) idea's, aren't going to wast there time on it anyway. Some people think we poop addons i think :p .

Anyway, continue requesting...and no offence on the requesters. Keep on hoping :) .

I spent easily a year with my brother working on maps with addons I did not create.

I do appreciate the addons, but us scripters deserve a little credit as well don't you think?

not much use for addons if scripters don't use them in their missions.

so keep hoping we use them ^^..

I can't poop out a year of scripting either ya know..

and I hardly consider my request "nonsense" or a "waste".

if you don't want to offend people, don't say offensive things.

"lighten up" and no offense.. :)

If anyone has a link or info about a zombie port to arma 2 plz do tell,

thank you..

concerning list above : Bradley, BTR-60 and BTR-70 and BMP1P will be in soon-released P85

Kraz truck also but 255 not 260

concerning list above : Bradley, BTR-60 and BTR-70 and BMP1P will be in soon-released P85

Kraz truck also but 255 not 260

youve got a bradley model? nice, which version is it?

youve got a bradley model? nice, which version is it?

Its the same model when it was in ACE1 (before they removed bradley) , i think M2A3 version

I would like a Dutch mod with Dutch units, vechiles, etc... still now we got only a Dutch F16 I thought..

if some guys wan't to make that I can help with suggestions of the vechiles, weapons, units, choppers etc.

I would like a Dutch mod with Dutch units, vechiles, etc... still now we got only a Dutch F16 I thought..

if some guys wan't to make that I can help with suggestions of the vechiles, weapons, units, choppers etc.

Beeing worked on, but planned for release around Arrowheads release. :)

WIP

http://www.tangodown.nl/forum/attachment.php?aid=62

For more information about dutch things beeing created look around on the Tangodown.nl forums.

Im hoping to see a EU units and vehicles and with that i mean European Union, so armies under the Flag of the EU

It would be really awesome to have that:yay:

Zombehs would be VEEEEEERYYYY nice, mostly along with some Golden D-Eagles :D

All I would like: FN SCAR with all its verison (short light longer heavy with scopes, acogs, holo sights, red dots, grenade louncher and in 2 colors tan and black )

All I would like: FN SCAR with all its verison (short light longer heavy with scopes, acogs, holo sights, red dots, grenade louncher and in 2 colors tan and black )

There probably will be a lot of these weapons in ACE 2, and it's confirmed that ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead will include FN SCAR. f you can't wait for them a few months, then get ACE mod for ArmA 1.

Also some police\SWAT guys would be very nice, seeing we already have gangsta' units

Skill based server-specific client-server agreed upon carry-over ranks

Everyone is seeing only a BF-esque bullshit ranks and medals system or a rank-less speech only tactical heirarchy based on whoever sounds the most authoritative through a microphone. We need an Aristotelean golden mean. I believe I might be able to help if you all can help me.

My friend and I, both ex-military, sat down and figured out a realistic rank structure in based on the USMC standard ranks then we thought about how to define class and scores and make it work like real life where no one ever let the medic E-4 anywhere near the E-3's diesel mechanic work and so on. We thought about how you never gave your good equipment to the clutzy guy and how someone who was low ranking but good got to do more shiza than someone who is higher ranking but sucky just by law of operational success chances. Obviously this would be impossible to accurately re-create. Then he talked about Planetside where these guys running the server would promote and demote on the fly based on what they physically saw in gameplay. Then I ashamedly mention how BF2 pissed me off but BF2142 had some fun medals the ranks were kinda annoying but the halo-land-on-a-guy-and-kill-him medal was a fun one to see pop up.

So the idea became: [skip to GAMEPLAY TRANSLATION if you don't care why]

HAVE REAL RANKS! No one promotes an idiot i don't care how many people he has killed or how long he has been there. ranks should be Kept only by the server played on but saved from iteration to iteration. the server keeps a copy and the client keeps a copy if they don't match you have a cheater etc. Were talking about a semi-persistent world where a single "mission" which I will call an "engagement" can last for a REALLY long time several days to a week. This means an AI capable of running it's own independent conflict on both sides with no players involved. Then the players would arrive in conflict with the next wave of reinforcements while AI players are rotated home on leave. Because a company goes not just one guy. One squad one mission I understand. This stands to be realistic if you think of leave as not being available until replacements are available. The idea of more lives is represented by the members of your company effectively 4 platoons about 140 guys only 8 of which can command more than one squad and 16-20 of which are squad leaders and each platoon having its best and worst guys.

Also you have what you do! the mechanic fixes stuff and gets better at fixing stuff, the engineer builds and blows and gets better at that, the snipers get better at sniping, the career offices and NCO's get better at commanding in the field and have increased intel and familiarity based on how long they have been there. as such their troops are better than green soldiers right off the boat. The idea would also be that training makes you better and qualifying (not ranking up) is the primary method of obtaining new weaponry. Your CO has the weapons he is assigned and you can bet he would rather leave that Javelin in a box than waste it on the blue falcon. Ranked access would primarily depend on the price of the weapon [you must have proven yourself responsible enough to warrant an investment] NO ONE is going to give that PFC anything more expensive than an AT-4 because if he loses it it's your CO's butt on the line [P.S. there is (supposed to be) little personal cash used to equip yourself]. Your E-5 sargeant however can touch whatever weapon/ light vehicle he is darn well qualified to touch. The army uses things like rounds fired an accuracy on a course to determine qualification which arma does quite well (see basic training). Your Warrant-Officer line means you can go from corporal to flying stuff or blowing stuff up in no time...If you qualify. Qualifying IS NOT EASY. How many of you actually managed to hit every single ring in the VTOL training??? So to fly the AH-1 or the F-35 you should have CWO2+ and full flight quals on that aircraft.

As for the engagement itself the AOC and AOXO and AOCmSgtMajor (master gunney for marines) can pretty much tell you what to do. So if your good at small unit tactics and are more of a do-it yourselfer you will stay low-rank with high access. If your a command-hog who never see's combat you will be high rank with low-access. and everything in-between. Also someone who does well in combat will get into better squads and be picked for more exclusive teams.

GAMEPLAY TRANSLATION:

Ok so I have been scouting around attempting to find how to make this kind of idea in gameplay and the closest I have gotten is an Amalgamation of stuff I have seen in other games done slightly differently so even if you don't care about this outside of the Rank vs. No Rank argument any Tips/Help would be appreciated as I am starting from scratch and 0 experience.

- Yes I am trying for the world record of longest post.{you can't cliff notes the field manual}

- three sets, Command experience, Combat effectiveness, Skill level on a per weapon basis (accuracy per shot vs. low, average, and high + rounds fired on weapon see later) None of these are accumulated each one should be based on a ratio. No one gets high without being good. Think of it as a rating rather than a rank.

- Ranks are either server specific Engagement specific and always Company specific (140 deaths means new company new ranks[soldier per ranks is just not realistic that everyone resets to 0 because one sargeant dies i mean you become acting whatever for whoever is above you if you die in reality)

- Ranks should be based on effectiveness not kills. You get points for completing objectives successfully, Staying alive/points-death ratio, Qualifications Other demonstrations of effectiveness to be added later. the combination of which determines how soon you will be promoted. (also people above you dying helps artificially via (acting ranks))

- Demotion happens A-LOT one stupid mistake and you are down. Shoot a friendly (and someone reports it) and your suspended/under-review/demoted/whatever. Disobey a direct order, break the rules of engagement (and someone reports it (I am thinking of something similar to the random chance of fleeing script here but used for friendlies in LOS of the violation)).

-Having another soldier with you is free even a private has a battle buddy. How many people will join you depends on your skill/rank and what skills it's in. A PFC MOS classed Artillery will have 5 buddies doing stuff and a PFC MOS infantry will have 1-3. No more purchasing units you go with a squad like the real Army. The type of unit/AI range/level being the limiting factors.

- Our idea was that your points-death ratio would control the maximum height of the squad member recruited AI skill level (since it can be random) and the overall points would control the range. So your private with 20 points and no deaths has a maxed out 2000 percent ratio so he CAN get an AI with 1 skill if he's rediculously lucky [that top guy in the company] but his range is so big he could get a 0.2 AI blue falcon as well. Your guy who has been in for a while probably has 700 points and 400 deaths is struggling to keep his max at .7 but his range is from .7 to .5 no .2's allowed cause he's got the experience to pick em.

- Reporting! crap should have to be reported if you shot that civilian but no one else lives to tell the tale you should be good to go. once one of them hits a building with a phone your screwed. (think a flee then report script) Civies don't carry radio's. The same way a silenced kill works if no one screams/ gets to their radio. p.s. no one in their right mind gets on the radio instead of finding immediate cover in the case of an ambush. [think find cover then report on null/completed script]

- Hearts and minds dude get the civies on your side and let them tell you enemy movements get the guerillas on your side and have them help fight. Piss em off and fight them yourself. [civies could go suicide bomber if you kill their town-mates hehe]

- Skill wise rounds fired on a particular weapon past say 1000 start to improve your accuracy. Your skill on a Range will decrease your site bob at a rested state. Your skill on an obstacle course or speed reflex range could decrease the amount of bobble on your sights. The amount of distance run could decrease how long it takes your soldier to catch his breath after running long distances. [ this effectively creates a PT score for ranking purposes]

-Command points the primary method of determining how many soldiers you should be allowed to command would be based on effective use of manuevers stances flanking commands formations vs. how many of your guys and yourself get wasted/wounded/break ROE or Fail. Also time of completion that sort of thing. (this would be the primary determining factor in switching up to Officer ranks)

- Warfare style Fast-time with invasion east and west options [that actually involve a landing, beach front establishment and inland HQ building where your ready for it, HIGH resources ready to go and they have to get ready fast] Think Cold Oden warfare 5.0 plus a (possibly) tough beach assault. made ok by other features *

- NO CASH only supply points from the commander and group specific boxes. You want weapons you get what was assigned your company 3 or 4 basic boxes and a launcher box and a special weapons box AI default (possibly edited to be one big box customized to your companies request) Then locked to your company with an AI on guard. (he dies and you can have at it because at that point you'll probably need it). Also this is in a building somewhere.

- NO purchasing your Vehicles you should be classed [MOS] qualified and have requested a vehicle/slash been issued one (via some radio chatter). That being said once your spec-ops and qualified for enough things you can either take/or requisition what you want as long as they are willing and able to give it up. That being said losing a vehicle is BAD NEWS unless your on an attack order losing your vehicle is only justifiable in an ambush situation. If it's not going to make it you go in on foot. No armor moves into a town without infantry clearing the way.

Skill progressions would at their highest levels add to your effectiveness (rate of fire/reload time/nomenclature/movement speed/draw speed/request priorities, supply income slightly increased for super experienced commanders etc.) Nothing game breaking just enough to let you know it's there.

Finally if you need more troops your call in reinforcements and they take forever to arrive. Some kind of tickets system should be installed as well as a comm center takedown to cut off the main base from reinforcements. BTW buildings and key structures should be rebuildable somehow. (army core of engineers anyone). And no one builds their vehicles in an engagement they are shipped in on C-130's so having an air option or sea option open I guess is essential to being able to be reinforced.

MEDALS!!!! for crying out loud if your guy eats a town takes a bullet in the leg and drags his screaming buddy out afterwards give him a silver star. Consider it permanent points that don't go away if you get demoted. Nothing serious but everyone gets ribbons and medals in the Army. If you qual expert marksman you get a big pretty one.

In Conclusion, how much of this can be done in Arma 2 cause I have no idea. Oh yeah and HOW!!!! I will grunt and stuggle till I get this thing created but man it's a long uphill climb I want to pull off maybe the newest warfare setup and go for it but I need a bunch of pieces and I can't even script yet. Thought I have been studying my but off.

P.S. my buddy suggested that Server Admin's should be able to promote and demote /give medals if they see a squad kicking but and working together well. [the planet side idea]

Don't know where to post and didn't want to open a new thread because of this.

So what happend to the CH53 Super Stallion? Can't find the thread anymore.

MfG