Not sure if it's been touched on yet. Seeing that ARMA2 is in europe again made me pull out some cold war military manuals for ideas.

I'd like to see some "Field entrenchment" and similar structures that are not part of some huge mod. Just simple scripted dug-out positions that are in addon form. I know the land can't be deformed ,but semi raised structures could work.

Maybe it could depend on how many in your group 1 man, 2 man,3,4man, positions or unit type "engineer" could build bivouacs.

I'm thinking more "earth and wood" structures than the included "warfare" kind.

Just a thought.

anyone planning to do any FBI reskins of the Force Recon? I know they won't look 100% accurate and realistic, but they would be cool as a placeholder..

something like this:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/fbi%20fast%20reaction/stirling28/fbi.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/2597816134_4334b2109c_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3215643913_232c2276bd_o.jpg

edit: moar reference

http://www.fbi.gov/multimedia/images/people/nyswat.jpg

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/05/drillfbiteam.jpg

You get the picture I guess.

Edited by Cole

i have come up with a great idea for arma 2... would it be posible to make a mod so you can customize your own weapons and maybe evn units????:)

Serious request for scripting gurus.

Would it be possible to have a squad interface (somewhat like TeamStatusDialog by Dr Eyeball) that allows drag and drop of members (players and AI) into separate teams on the fly?

PM me if you know of anything or are able to put something together.

THANKS !

A real and working combat swimmer/diver unit has not existed since CoCs addon for OFP, at least not to my knowledge. Back then you couldn't even navigate under water, since it was opaque.

I think this kind of unit would be fantastic to have in ArmAII, especially now when the water looks so great and is transparent. It is a very independent "stand alone" effective addon with a lot of potential usage.

Come on all of you addon masters... this is a given choice... what are you waiting for :218:

The Outcast

Edited by The Outcast

I want somebody to make me a Ross Kemp custom skin.. I have a funny video in mind.

i have come up with a great idea for arma 2... would it be posible to make a mod so you can customize your own weapons and maybe evn units????:)

Definately NOT

A mod that makes the shooting mechanics like Trespasser's, one of the most technically amazing games ever made.

http://downloads.gamezone.com/demos/d1194.htm

A demo if you've never tried it. Fans of iron sights and realistic aiming will love it.

I know it's clunkier than what Arma2 uses right now, i know it won't work at distances greater than 500m, but I've never had a system make a gun feel more real, like it's an actual object with moving parts and functions rather than a polygon frame.

It's great for Arma2 due to the number of guns and the way you can already move the character's arms to some extent when aiming. Every single gun modded in would be so enhanced by this. You can have it 2 handed and no need to have the arm fully extended like in Trespasser. I wouldn't bother trying to make the animations look natural, too complex and it would hinder everything. May as well have arms that bend back on themselves.

CH-46E and CH-53E since these are the two work horses of the Marines. The F/A-18E/F Super Hornet for fixed wing since the F-35 IS still being tested. Also if someone could do a (correct) reskin of the AV-8B Harrier II that would be great too.

BTR-80 - still most common APC for entire ex-USSR.

T-80

T-55 for insurgents/CDF/NAPA

Proper T-90

T-62 for Russian forces/CDF

T-64 for CDF (as their nicest MBT)

Su-27/Su-35/Mig-29/Mig-35 - whatever will work, need something for air battles with a wonderful F-16 addon. Current Russian lineup is all bombers.

Su-24 - still most common ground attack plane after Su-25 for RuAF.

Tu-22 would be very nice to see as well (although map might be too small for it).

MT-LB with some newer turret upgrades (vanilla version would be cool to see as well).

BMP-T - that thing is simply too cool not to add. Nicknamed "Terminator" for a good reason.

3S25 Sprut self propelled artillery

IL-76

Edited by RedRage

I'd like to use more of the accessory pack,- compass-GPS-map and such.

Some kind of first aid pouch maybe, or other kit.

Hope the claymore addon from arma will make it to ARMA2, you could fill the pistol pack or main with claymores.....1 might fit in the auxiliary pack.

Maybe a folding shovel to allow building small fortifications.

I have a couple of weapons and armour requests :p

- HK416 w/Aimpoint compM4 and 3x Magnifier (16.5" barrel)

- HK417 w/Schmidt and Bender scope (20" barrel)

- CV9030N (Infantry Fighting Vehicle)

- Overhauled Javelin interface..

- M72 LAW

.. and winter!

Would be awesome to use the snowstorm mod along with snow on the ground/trees and buildings.

Now, if I get all of those, and get someone to make some Norwegian soldier skins, I'd be set for life with this game :D

(If anyone actually would be interested in making any of the above, just PM me and I'll provide some of my pics)

Edited by OstiasMoscas

FV4034 Challenger 2 tank, Eurofighter and a good Apache mod. And for fun, some Mechwarrior/Battletech mods, walk around in mechs would be fun. :D Oh and a Lamborghini Muira.. sexy car.

Edited by MadCatChiken

Would be cool to see some scifi stuff ingame too. For example the Warhammer 40K troops from OFP would be awesome :D

I'd like to see replacements for all vehicles WITH nice markings/random numbers/register plates.Could be some other vehicles than original if they fit for they roles.

FV4034 Challenger 2 tank, Eurofighter and a good Apache mod. And for fun, some Mechwarrior/Battletech mods, walk around in mechs would be fun. :D Oh and a Lamborghini Muira.. sexy car.

Challenger 2

who knows, it make be reality? Just be aware that was ARMA 1 so we need to port that specific addon across and that will take time, not to mention if its on the top of the list to be done

www.pukf.net

Apache AH-64D - Longbow

who knows, it make be reality? Just be aware that was ARMA 1 so we need to port that specific addon across and that will take time, not to mention if its on the top of the list to be done

www.pukf.net

:blues:

Can't wait to see these rolling about the battlefield.

Any news on the warrior's? We poor foot infantry need some armoured wagons even if we are UBA.

I hope oyman is going to port his armored/armed tractors. Those things would be great for NAPA.

And yes Mechs would be an awesome addition to ARMA2... I've always wanted vehicle / infantry fighting in a mech game ,sadly that never works out. But to bring mechs to an already established inf/vehic sim would be total win!

I'd settle for the mech addons from OFP being ported with no graphic updates.

A kingdom for a ridable horse. Riding cows isn't an alternative because it slower on them than walking.