Anybody remember Automatic Camouflage System by Linker Split ?

How about convert it to Arma II ?

Would be nice to see NonWonderDog's Ballistics addon ported to ArmA 2.

It was maybe mentioned in the previous pages, but I'd like to see the F-18 and the F-22 in game.

A Warthog, no not the one from halo, the new one just released to the UK forces. My dad designed the radio equipment racking for the real thing. Tougher than the Viking, would be nice to see an addon for this.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148129

And the Viking, kinda similar...

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/viking/viking2.html

Only wish I was talented enough :(

Edited by Balgorg

I would love to see some mercenary stuff ingame- something like this:

1ravenwood-1.jpg op015-blackwater-0414y-4.jpg ravenwood.jpg soeldner_2.jpg

With black humvee, black little birds, etc. It would totally rock if someone could create something like this. :)

I think it would be wonderful if someone made a mod to allow you to adjust the in-game ai audio chat level. I find that most people in multiplayer voice chat are too quiet and get overpowered by the in-game voices.

OFP cold war crisis campaign conversions with briefing pics, voice overs restored.

OFP cold war crisis campaign conversions with briefing pics, voice overs restored.

Cold War Rearmed.

I have heard many people want a mod to survive helicopter crashes.Why not just make the damage textures more advanced so a crash landing looks more crashy than landy.Like the damage material for rotors could be invisable in places to make them look broke off.Would be so much more easier and server friendly.

Any way of having a saved weapon layout. which could use at Gear menu instead of having to changing each item every time. ( like personal saved inventory )

Guest RKSL-Rock

Harrier GR7/9 and Typhoon F2 and FGR4 are almost done.

Tornado should be unwrapped in 2 weeks.

The Nimrod needs remaking (I only have the low poly one i made for FS2002 and OFP) and some scripting to make it useful ingame.

There are some screen shots on my Twitter feed

the main campaign is short i think. maybe somebody here can do new company to be in russia side? or mabe NAPA company. its will be very interesting to play in that. if somebody can do another campaign its will be very cool to continue the game in another side of goverments ЧерноруÑии

It'd be cool if someone could make an AC-130 gunship :).

Cold War Rearmed.

isn't that the official-ish mod from BIS for Arma1 that has stalled completely?

I'd like to see that rather cool Falklands war add on make a comeback that was made for the original OFP :cool:

I would like to see an addon made which looks a little like this reference photo below.

datacentre-security.jpg

The player (or mission editor) can place say 5-6 "cameras" around a base or building and view all the cameras on a wall of monitors which is placed in a tent, a room or perhaps a vehicle like a van {which someone would have to create a van for this feature}.

I thought this would be great for multiplayer missions where a base has to be defended or a small town. And could be used for the same in SP missions, defense and also assault missions where one objective is to destroy it or its power source. Perhaps a mission is a stake out where a deal is going to go down and you have men ready to rush in and secure an area or room at your command as you watch and wait for the moment. Could be used in cutscenes showing a bank robbery going wrong etc

So the ref/picture is basically what it could look like, a desk that a player can sit down on and then view the monitors- which then will be shown fullscreen on players actual screen. They will be vulnerable to attack while in this mode, unless the unit/player gets up. 3rd person mode, im not sure how well you could display the actual camera images on the individual monitors, whilst standing an looking in normal view, but worth trying out.

Make it also when one camera is destroyed or glitches, that monitor will show static. Sometimes one monitor rolls the image at random periods, just for effect.

Have a mouse point active (in fullscreen mode) so player can click on one monitor to show that image only fullscreen. And also perhaps have some buttons on the monitors, for; on/off, NV mode, Black&White mode.

Another variation could be (not sure how doable this would be) but having a helmet cam on Ai or other players in a squad and on the monitors you see what each camera sees, maybe have a radius of a couple of miles or so for range? A Squad leader could use this.

Maybe have a portable version?, that is abit like the IR Hunter in Arma1, where it only works with one single camera, that can be placed anywhere the player can reach. It will be small, size of a tennis ball perhaps, that an enemy player can see if he knows where to look. This could be used for ambushes, keeping an eye on prisoners or a building under surveillance while you go around the back etc. Perhaps the monitor for this one, could be the a clone of the Gps device built into the game, and you can toggle it off/on screen to see it while you move around.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

SPY/DISGUISE and GUARD DOGS ADDON SUGGESTION

Another Addon Suggestion (I'm not a modder or have the know how, but i hope to inspire some new Mods i'd like to see). I would like to see one where a player can obtain a rucksack which is a enemy uniform or Civilian clothing. And you can change uniform, you will need to change your weapon also obviously. This could be a spy unit that only he can do this. In a Mp/Sp game, the off-set is if he is close to enemy guard dogs, they will react to you that will tip of the guards/enemy (eg. the dog starts barking at the spy and begins to follow him instead of the handler/patrol group. A spy would likely be used to infiltrate a base or camp for intel gathering, rescue op or sabotage.)

Perhaps at being detected some of or all your uniform changes back to your real uniform. While in disguise you will appear to enemy ai as a friendly, and you will be able to act and interact with things as if you are on that side. If the spy kills an enemy unit, while undetected it will seem a friendly fire incident. So obviously killing too many units will arouse suspicion.

The disguise will fail if you are detected by a guard dog(s).

So who ever makes this mod, would have to implement the guard dog/detection element to balance it.

It would be too easy for players or the hq commander to place dogs next to important buildings and units like the MHQ and the dogs would act like a tripwire. So perhaps its best to make it that dogs randomly or given a radius to patrol around the camp/base. And will alert everyone via barking and chasing the spy. Put the dogs too far out on patrol and they might not be heard or killed.

This will be the means spies can be found out easily if they run into the dogs or the dogs move past where they actually want to be. One other thing, if a spy goes in disguise where his side could be operating in, he will have to alert via TS or chat, to his side that he will be in such and such area disguised. Because his own side will see him as an enemy, inc the AI. Maybe have an option to have a little glow light appear on his shoulder or helmet something that only his side can see. Sort of like a an Infra-red marker.

Even though spies are in disguise they would have a time limit which can be set (by mission editor/Admin/server) on how long your disguise will last for, a timer shown at all times to the wearer, then when the time limit is almost up he will have to move somewhere safe preferably away from enemy and he will revert back to his normal uniform. To do this again he will have to secure an enemy uniform again (which could be an item only he can buy at HQ or it could be from a black market arms dealer in a SP mission. Maybe limit it to one disguise available at a time per side in MP). This could make things interesting in a mp game like in Warfare for example. Where players will have to keep an eye out for suspicious activity at HQ by other "friendlies". Maybe when in the patrol radius of guard dogs, a player will see an option in the Action menu to call the dog over to where they are standing. So if you want to use the dog to check an area or a "friendly" you can, it will patrol in a small circle around your area before going back to its previous patrol cycle or start a new one.

Perhaps one feature/objective could be built into the mod as an optional, is if a spy takes a Map or briefcase, which will have position of all units revealed on the map at that precise time of being picked up. The map will be sort of a screen shot, which will have a time code stamp on it, maybe a black and white version of the game map which you can zoom and move around it as normal. But cant be viewed by anyone but the person holding it. So the spy can return back to base and give this document to the commander of his side. Who then can equip this document and view the map. If the spy is killed he loses the document.

This document/briefcase will have to be placed somewhere where it can be easily seen (for players to keep and eye on incase its "taken" and so its easy to find for the spy, because his base camp will have the same setup for their briefcase.) Maybe some of you can think of other objectives and uses for a Spy in a MP/SP game? it could be an assassination assignment. Perhaps a Spy could use a device that is planted on a radio tower, that allows him to see/hear the enemy chat channels? But he has to be close to tower in order to do so.. but he cant communicate back (otherwise he could feed false information to the enemy) nor chat to his side either. Perhaps this would be a waste of time in a casual game where you get a lot of mindless chatter.

I hope in due time someone will have come up with a mod for attack dogs that can be given commands like troops.ie. attack target, Stop, follow, move here, stealth, go prone, mount vehicle, sit and roll over (jk). The ability to be able to be healed by medics (what about putting a rucksack on a dog and he can take it somewhere, could be med supplies that a medic or wounded person needs? like a rescue dog). Perhaps the dog(s) are more noisy and less disciplined when handled by a regular unit, than if under the command of a Handler unit, the dog is more quiet. Which would make it harder for a spy or enemy unit to rely upon hearing the dogs in the distance when they are on patrol and when being tracked.

I apologise if this post is a little too long. If it is, you probably wont be reading this bit lol Note: I did do two seperate posts but for some reason they were merged. Which i didnt want, because it will be confusing.

Edited by Daza

Daza....

Multiple or even single monitor view isn't possible as the engine doesn't allow to render seperated viewports.

Try again in 5 years :).

Or someone prove me wrong...

just a question..

is anyone working on a Ch46? (not a ch47 Chinook, but a CH46 Sea Knight)

would be really nice i think :)

HK416 series of weapons please........................

A nice mix of CQB, long barrelled, GL's, Fore grips, sights, and stocks could be implemented.............

Hi ArmA2 Modders,

I am waiting for somone who could model a HGU-55 Helmet MBU-12 Oxygen Mask for ArmA2 Pilots.:):)

Or maybe something like this!!

BOPS_HALO_2_.JPG

This HALO Soldier would be very interesting for ArmA2 too!!

I've seen that pilots in ArmA wearing Helicopter Helmets???:confused::confused:

That can't be....

I would very please if somebody would model some of these items for ArmA2

Can someone make an F14? TYVM.

Abs

very simple request: the ability to process a given squad.xml file, and give only the players mentioned the ability to lock and unlock a moveable unit (choppers etc).

this could be introduced into domination game mode to stop people wasting assets.

US army soldiers using the ACH helmet that is already ingame (sorry cameron your soldiers' heads are too small) that the designated marksman wears. Along with ACU camouflage would make my day. Maybe delta force special forces like they had in arma 1.