Sign in to follow this  
walker

Is Berzerk being transfered to ArmA II

Hi all

Most experienced professional soldiers put an optic sight on their weapon and many get a pair of binoculars too; even using their own cash for the latter.

On anything other than a day where vision is occluded by weather you can clearly see people standing in the open at 1000m in ArmA if they are not wearing camouflage. It is hard to see those in camouflage unless they are moving; just tested it.

This is the same as in reality.

I wish people would make their minds up as to whether they want to say you cannot hide in ArmA at more that 200m or you cannot see people at more than 200m; it gets confusing when they argue both.

I much prefer real facts, figures, experiments and statistics to the inestimable opinions of forum posters when unsupported by said facts, figures, experiments and statistics.

Hi all

The Horizon how far can we see?

Curvature of the earth means that a human view distance on flat surface such as a still lake or salt pan is 6 km or 3.3 miles but the human eye can see stars and galaxies millions of miles into space.

As a very rough approximation, distance to the horizon for different eye height use this formulae that works for imperial measures:

Distance to the horizon in nautical miles is equal to the 1.17 x square route of your height of eye. To get normal statute miles multiply by 1.15.

The formulae breaks down as you get higher. There is a more complex formulae but I will not bother you with it here.

If you are on higher ground you see further, and high objects like say the top of a lighthouse or ships mast appear over the horizon long before the base of the object does. So if you are 60ft above see level on say a cliff you can see about 12 nautical or 13.8 statute miles.

Those stars are millions of times the size of a human.

All this is wonderful but it not really very relevant.

Relevance

What we deal with in human experience is what is relevant though.

What can the Naked Eye resolve?

Angular resolution of a human eye is about 0.02°–0.03°, which is about 30–60 cm at a 1 km distance. What does that mean?

It depends on what your wanting to look at! So let us consider what we want to look at in ArmA. Go outside somewhere where you can see a long way on a sunny day.

1) How far can you see a person?

For me it is just under 2 kilometres, degree of camouflage and movement and light all alter this but it corresponds to that angular resolution formulae we see above. Ether way they are just a spec.

2) How far can you see a group of say 10 people moving together?

For me it is just under 2.5 kilometres

3) How far can you see a standard saloon car?

About 3 km

4) How far can you see a truck?

Perhaps 4 km

5) How far can you discern individual houses.

Perhaps 5 km

Big jets fly at between 10,000 and 12,000 Meters except for a glint of their wings or their contrail you will not be able to see them but correspondingly they cannot see you, though their cameras can!

Beyond the naked Eye

Standard Military issue Optical Binoculars magnify by about 6 to 8 times 6X30, 7X50, 8X25 etc. You do get 10X50 but few troops use them as their field of view is too small and they are hard to hold steady, they are also harder to make and so expensive and heavy, the image is not as bright an issue at dusk and dawn when military activity often takes place. Anything that big or bigger is better on a tripod and really come under the classification of observation or Naval binoculars.

Electronic binoculars with digital zoom and stabilization are whole different kettle of fish.

So you can resolve a person as a speck with the standard military binoculars at about 4 km. More importantly at one or two kilometers you will be able to tell which way they are facing and that they are carrying something and maybe even what they are carrying etc.

I like looking at pretty views and how far my horizon is becomes very important then.

All this then leads us back to the real questions of view distance, what is its relevance? What are you looking at? How are you looking at it? What is it you want to see?

Kind regards walker

Taking the important bit from the above in more detail:

What can the Naked Eye resolve?

Angular resolution of a human eye is about 0.02°–0.03°, which is about 30–60 cm at a 1 km distance. What does that mean?

So essentially at 1Km a square 30-60cm then is the human equivalent of a pixel; depending on personal eye acuity, weather, moisture content of the air, heat haze etc. So at 1 Km distance an average UK height 177.2 cm should be represented on screen by a figure 3 to 6 by 1 pixels.

On a clear day, 1km, naked eye, un-camouflaged, you will not be able to tell whether they are carrying a weapon.

Military unaided visual engagement range is 300m that is the range sights are zeroed at. That is the kind of range the human eye can ID a target as hostile; it has got a weapon, it is not our uniform etc. That is also the range the average human eye can easily hold a bead on a target without optics, though optics are still preferred at the beyond 150m.

At ranges 300m out to 600m we are going from 1st class rifleman to dedicated marksman beyond this we start getting into sniper class ranges; in each case we are talking optics as the preferred sighting method.

Note I am not saying no one can hit a target over open sights at more than, 300m they can in fact right out to 1000m over open sights but such people who can do that are serious marksmen, firing a weapon they are very experienced with and said weapon and ammo being of high quality. Nor am I saying engagements do not take place at 600 plus metres they do with Mg's and weight of fire and by identification methods such as: we know where our people are; that person is firing on us; therefore we ID them as enemy.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker
Context

beta77

- polish localization reworked (thanx mant3z)

- map animation fixed to selected task

- static weapons usable to all factions, no lock anymore

- music volume decreased 10%

- some fixes, no one would recognize anyways

Edited by Zaphod

Thanks Zaphod, really appreciate you linking your latest releases in the thread, I am however hoping you can help me out a little :p in our config map load section we have

class MP_01 // name for the mission, can be anything

{

template = ch128_berzerk_v2_beta77_kozlovka.chernarus;

difficulty = "Regular"; // difficulty, either Recruit, Regular, Veteran, Expert

param1 =

param2 =

Can we use the param1 and param2 variables to set the match length and daytime and if so what are the commands ?

Sorry if this has already been asked, Ive read the thread but cant see anything

Parameter 1: Weather/ ViewDistance/ Duration;

1. Clear/ 1200m/ 30min

2. Clear/ 1200m/ 45min

3. Clear/ 1200m/ 60min

4. Clear/ 1200m/ 120min

5. Clear/ 1200m/ unlimited

6. Clear/ 2400m/ 30min

7. Clear/ 2400m/ 45min

8. Clear/ 2400m/ 60min (default in tiny missions)

9. Clear/ 2400m/ 120min

10. Clear/ 2400m/ unlimited

11. Clear/ 3600m/ 30min

12. Clear/ 3600m/ 45min

13. Clear/ 3600m/ 60min (default in bigger missions)

14. Clear/ 3600m/ 120min

15. Clear/ 3600m/ unlimited

16. Changes/ 1200m/ 30min

17. Changes/ 1200m/ 45min

18. Changes/ 1200m/ 60min

19. Changes/ 1200m/ 120min

20. Changes/ 1200m/ unlimited

21. Changes/ 2400m/ 30min

22. Changes/ 2400m/ 45min

23. Changes/ 2400m/ 60min

24. Changes/ 2400m/ 120min

25. Changes/ 2400m/ unlimited

26. Changes/ 3600m/ 30min

27. Changes/ 3600m/ 45min

28. Changes/ 3600m/ 60min

29. Changes/ 3600m/ 120min

30. Changes/ 3600m/ unlimited

Parameter 2: Respawn/ Vehicles/ Daytime;

1. Standard/ Locked/ Day (default)

2. Standard/ Locked/ Night

3. Standard/ Locked/ Morning

4. Standard/ Locked/ Evening

5. Standard/ Open/ Day

6. Standard/ Open/ Night

7. Standard/ Open/ Morning

8. Standard/ Open/ Evening

9. Parachute/ Locked/ Day

10. Parachute/ Locked/ Night

11. Parachute/ Locked/ Morning

12. Parachute/ Locked/ Evening

13. Parachute/ Open/ Day

14. Parachute/ Open/ Night

15. Parachute/ Open/ Morning

16. Parachute/ Open/ Evening

17. No Task/ Locked/ Day

18. No Task/ Locked/ Night

19. No Task/ Locked/ Morning

20. No Task/ Locked/ Evening

21. No Task/ Open/ Day

22. No Task/ Open/ Night

23. No Task/ Open/ Morning

24. No Task/ Open/ Evening

Edited by Zaphod

As of 1.04 afaik you can use more than 2 parameters which would be a lot nicer than having a 22 option scroll down menu ;)

that wouldn't answer his question and for sure not help him ... setting missions up to new parameters needs to set requiredversion to 1.04 too ... but here they are:

beta84.zip

- new parameter system of ArmA 1.04 added = required version

- most of the still existing but unused parameters implemented

- very first weapon loadout preset changed

- softer vehicle pushing of e.g. boats on ground

- MHQ marker yellow if not canMove

- little fires removed by bigger campfires

- improved GPS zooming

- Zelenogorsk: new target added for more balance

- new mission: Staroye, 1 Task, Infantry based ...

- new mission: Rogovo, 2 Tasks, Infantry based

about unit markers: it seems setting sanis red in map wasn't a good idea ... change back to green of leave as is?

Edited by Zaphod
version update

Really wish you'd turn off 3rd person for all settings. Besides looking around corners and over fences, seems people started to also invite random teammates to 2 man squads just so they can access the tactical view.

Really wish you'd turn off 3rd person for all settings. Besides looking around corners and over fences, seems people started to also invite random teammates to 2 man squads just so they can access the tactical view.

3rd person view is not dependant on mission maker but on server setting. Zaphod can't do anything about it

Well, he could talk the server admin into changing the server settings? :)

As far as I've seen, all that server is running is Berzerk. You can simply disable the 3rd person camera for all difficulty levels.

If u want to have some changes on the Berzerk Server @DAO.nu write it

into the dao.nu forum´s,

there is a quote abbout the 3rd person!

When i try to connect berzerk server, it keeps saying i need DAO-V1 addon-pack.

Got it now, still keeps saying same thing?

Got the beta84 map pack also. German versio patched to english + 1.04 version.

Hi,

Is this map pack available anymore?

I just tried to download from get42.com... page not found :(

Edited by DrSnow

Yes my friends we need these files made available to the community from another source as it seems get42.com is hacked or gone or the files are just plain gone. But this isn't half of it....

DAO.nu made a real foolish move.. No offense Kochleffel ( if that's correct, I'm spelling from memory) I just became aware of your name in the scheme of things here as I have been a DAO regular forever now because of BerZerK!.

Sadly it is true. DAO.nu, Just as Arma II got patched to 1.07 and ironed out alot of stuff for me personally and others and became smooth as silk.

And.... Being that Berzerk 2.0 BEta 85 maps are really well done in comparison to previous releases in FPS enhancements...

The ARMA 2 TvT community just barely got the chance to return to this great server and mod to enjoy it and spread the word and in a singular moment

POOF!

DAO swaps to the " OMG! running like I never even bought a new PC and stuttering POS lets knock our settings to LOW... Operation Arrowhead"!!!!

Not only do they, "claiming to offer you(community) the best in gaming", swap out to OA.... but get this They force you have both ARMA II and ARMA II OA if you want to play on their server!.... Yeah No Kidding! I'm sorry guys but, You just dropped one half of your players in a ditch... and then alienated the other half... Pretty much catering to an elite few. (The server patronage numbers have dropped to 1/3 their normal basically since your swap) So if your a new guy just buying ARMA OA your left "NEEDING" to buy ARMA II if you want to play BERZERK.....and vice versa. How is that "community friendly"??

SO please if anyone.... Zaphod... you guys at the NEW FRENCH server Bless your SOULS!.... Please make this BETA 85 available... and if work continues... please use this thread to let us all know of your progress, supporting threads and release schedules.

I personally would like to restart my old tactical gaming site that I ran for years at Tactical-FPS.com and Run a BERZERK server alongside it's launch a US EAST connection. SO if anyone has these files please supply your community members with this pack and lets get some mirrors and some more BerZerk! servers up!

Thanks and Best Regards

Sgt. Brick Stone

Edited by Brick Stone

Yes my friends we need these files made available to the community from another source as it seems get42.com is hacked or gone or the files are just plain gone. But this isn't half of it....

DAO.nu made a real foolish move.. No offense Kochleffel ( if that's correct, I'm spelling from memory) I just became aware of your name in the scheme of things here as I have been a DAO regular forever now because of BerZerK!.

Sadly it is true. DAO.nu, Just as Arma II got patched to 1.07 and ironed out alot of stuff for me personally and others and became smooth as silk.

And.... Being that Berzerk 2.0 BEta 85 maps are really well done in comparison to previous releases in FPS enhancements...

The ARMA 2 TvT community just barely got the chance to return to this great server and mod to enjoy it and spread the word and in a singular moment

POOF!

DAO swaps to the " OMG! running like I never even bought a new PC and stuttering POS lets knock our settings to LOW... Operation Arrowhead"!!!!

Not only do they, "claiming to offer you(community) the best in gaming", swap out to OA.... but get this They force you have both ARMA II and ARMA II OA if you want to play on their server!.... Yeah No Kidding! I'm sorry guys but, You just dropped one half of your players in a ditch... and then alienated the other half... Pretty much catering to an elite few. (The server patronage numbers have dropped to 1/3 their normal basically since your swap) So if your a new guy just buying ARMA OA your left "NEEDING" to buy ARMA II if you want to play BERZERK.....and vice versa. How is that "community friendly"??

SO please if anyone.... Zaphod... you guys at the NEW FRENCH server Bless your SOULS!.... Please make this BETA 85 available... and if work continues... please use this thread to let us all know of your progress, supporting threads and release schedules.

I personally would like to restart my old tactical gaming site that I ran for years at Tactical-FPS.com and Run a BERZERK server alongside it's launch a US EAST connection. SO if anyone has these files please supply your community members with this pack and lets get some mirrors and some more BerZerk! servers up!

Thanks and Best Regards

Sgt. Brick Stone

The problem ever was the feedback from all the Player´s,

no one said what they want so i gave it up to run arround cause i have to work the whole day and dont spend the whole free time to Berzerk or something other...

i made a survey on DAO.nu would u buy OA...

Yes

91% [31 votes]

No

9% [3 votes]

so change to OA...

what happend u could see it every day. empty.

if someone could spend the Time to rebuild PVP write me a Mail.

Hi Kochleffel

Have you taken over leading development of the Berserk project from Zaphod?

Where is the download site for the mission pack?

I tried to log on to the Berserk Dev Heaven page listed here:

http://dao.nu/news.php

But that link:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/berzerk2

it leads to a

You are not authorized to access this page.
403 error.

Making it impossible to give any error reports :unhappy:

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi Kochleffel

But that link:

it leads to a 403 error.

Kind Regards walker

Same thing here, AGE clan is trying to aquire the Bezerk2.0 map for our server but can't find it anywhere.

Hi Kochleffel

But that link:

it leads to a 403 error.

Kind Regards walker

Hey Walker,

we was thrown out of Dev. Heaven for Illegal Usage of Berzerk Name and scripts.

so our Scripter (Winse) rewrote all scripts by himself and the Mission is Renamed to Valhalla

we still wait for response of Dev Heaven, during this time the Projekt is hostet on our own resource which could be found here: Valhalla

Best regards

Kochleffel

Hi,

does anyone still play this?

I'm running CO and when I type 'berzerk' in the filter, no servers show up.

we switched over to Valhalla check it out..

@ 76 u need to change your signature we moved our homepage and got little change just use dao.nu