Sign in to follow this  
walker

Is Berzerk being transfered to ArmA II

Except it would be fighting for control over a shoebox, rather than COD-style fighting-in-a-shoebox. There's a big difference here. You have the big area to maneuver in (and even 1/4 of the current berserk area is many times bigger than a COD map), but the objective is very clear. Currently the objectives are far enough that by the time you can get to assist an objective that is under attack it can get captured back and forth 10 times over. In fact, you're better off helping defend it by hitting esc->respawn and choosing to respawn there, but that only works for defending and not attacking (though most people don't want to mess up their kill:death ratio, not to mention they usually don't even know it's under attack because nobody bothers reporting).

at first: thanks to Walker for his awesome Guideline!

Berzerk v2.0 beta58 - Sorbor

whats new from beta49:

@galzohar:

1) introducing roles, new and basic:

- Medic:healing a unit will score 3 points

- Pilot: drivers that are not pilot will be ejected if a pilot is closer 10m to chopper/plane

- Crew: drivers that are not crew will be ejected if a CrewMember is closer 10m to tank

> Limits: there will be no ejection if pilot or crewmember has a bad score ...

2) respawn: HALO removed ->

- Parameter9 - Admin can set respawn to "Standard" or "No Task" - Base and MHQ only

3) WorldToScreen Markers:

- the GPS will provide 4 on-screen markers for Sanis if you can't walk or your damage is bigger 50%.

- your leader and your squad members will be shown

- you can control onScreen Markers with HOME key

- you can control MapMarker- and onScreen-Names with INSERT key

4) Sounds

- Localized fanfare for capture and air-sirena on contact near flags

finally: 112 slots - 56 / team

Edited by Zaphod

If you want to give vehicles to crewmen and aircraft to pilots, why not just change the respawn system on those vehicles - have them respawn whenever the pilot/crewman respawn, and restrict it so only they can operate it?

Respawn only at base is a very nice idea, but the bases (and probably CZs as well) need to be relocated for it to actually work.

I think just like killing enemies doesn't give points (or does it?), healing friendlies shouldn't give points either. It's a tool you use to capture the zones, and shouldn't be a direct goal of its own. Those kinds of teamplay incentives often end up shooting you back in the foot by encouraging the exact opposite than what you indented in certain situations. Also, medic healing is pretty useless when you can heal at the medical tent (or better, respawn at a base if it's not disabled).

If you're going to use score as something that decides on what equipment you can use/drive/fly, it's probably best to have it as a priority system, so if you have the lowest score and have a javelin and all javelins are taken, I can force you to pick something else if I want the javelin (same goes for pilot or crewman role). Though this doesn't solve the annoyance of often being required to change your loadout on the fly because something became available/unavailable. Would be nice if you could still "hold" your role when you're dead, and you'd need more than just a few more points than the other guy to take his role away from him.

Now we just need servers that can actually handle that many players! :)

Sobor is just a demo map with all features enabled...

and it's beta status for testing the final scripts.

after that there will be missions on all sizes, including inf. only, with or without MHQ, 1-8 CZ's, rest can be setup by admin.

all features can be switched on/off, for example there can be missions with support trucks or without...

a mission can setup from 1 CZ with inf. only and nothing else to a full scaled map with x Cz's and everything you know from Sobor.

Berzerk v2.0 beta58 - Sorbor

Edited by Zaphod

i cant imagine this game without Berzerk. hope some good ppl can transfer it to A2...

i cant imagine this game without Berzerk. hope some good ppl can transfer it to A2...

It doesn't get any better than Zaphod (he invented Berzerk), and yes, as the previous 11 pages talk about... he is working hard on the transfer.

With Zaphod making the missions and Walker doing the public relations work (great job on the Berzerk manual and forums, always a good read when he posts) this is by far the most popular PvP mission and will only get better with the full release of Berzerk missions.

this seems stupid, but please where do i get the password for Berzerk Servers?

Thank you

this seems stupid, but please where do i get the password for Berzerk Servers?

Thank you

I would guess you would start at their website (squad name is DAO).

They usually just lock it temporarily when a lot of people connecting and d/l mission. Wait a few minutes and check server again, it is usually unlocked pretty quick.

I just got done playing a Berzerk map called Berezino I believe, but I don't see any info on this thread about it, is there a main download site were I can get all the Berzerk maps for ArmA2?

Hi all

Oh but it is fun sloting snipers with a silenced pistol! So you think you are L33T with your big gun do you? Who is that sneaking up behind you with a makarov?

He he he.

Kind Regards walker

latest version:

beta62.zip

- Zelenogorsk (small): introducing multiple capture zones

- Sobor (medium)

- Green Mountain (big)

the required ArmA2 version is 1.03!

can't believe, but true ...

dao128.jpg

Edited by Zaphod

Well done, Zaphod :)

Xeno

dao128.jpg

Nice. How did it run with that many players?

Nice. How did it run with that many players?

Hi brit~XR

The DAO server is a very good one and Zaphod is doing a stirling job on the mission optimisation so it runs very well. :)

Plus there are now several new mission areas I must admit I like Green Hills the best. The large number of capture zones increases the strategic element; so the teams have to work together better. A team with a commander in the MHQ, setting the strategy, always has a better chance.

By the way zaphod I have seen the DAO server running Berzerk full on many occasions. I spent many a half hour playing CTF on other servers waiting for a slot on DAO to open up.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

For sure this is overkill in all cases ... 128 players ... 4000m .... but:

Server is running stable at about 5-10 fps ... 2 hour games are possible.

Server should be locked during connection of max. 4 players.

still problematic: high pings above 150ms (red chains) ...

Regards,

Zap

Hi Zaphod

I keep saying BIS need to set up a seperate sychronisation client/server system to take the load off the mission server.

Kind Regards walker

Regards,

Zap

That's awesome, 128 players... I see your server full when I get home from work, but my ping is around 180 when that many people on. I wait until later when it's much less populated to join, when my ping drops to around 160. Damn I wish I lived closer (20 MB connection, but middle of USA).

Great missions though, an absolute blast to play... still the best!!!

My wish is a server.cfg setting:

autoKickOnMaxPing = 150; // off = 0

Hi all

I wonder who will set up the big US Berzerk server?

Kind regards walker

beta66 changelog ... so far:

- GPS-onScreen Markers will not only show your squad anymore, but the selected squad in dialog now ... own squad members are shown white, other squads green.

- Medics got 4 GPS-onScreen Markers now, showing the nearest 4 wounded soldiers.

- Joining squads reworked.

- for sure a new mission this weekend ... dont know yet... but Elektro or Cherno

The problem of the current dedicated server is that it can utilize only round about 1 1/2 - 2 cores.

I guess higher player numbers are possible (depending on the connection) if it would make use of more cores. For coop the best I've reached so far were 60 players (event), server running at stable 15 FPS with that player number, though players who crashed and reconnected again allmost killed it (1.02 version that was, 1.03 seems to be a little bit better). But you can't compare coop with PvP, the AI eats up a lot of server power.

Another problem is that the server is limited to 2 GB, as it is only a 32 Bit application :(

And yes, would be nice to have such an option to kick high pingers (and people who loose connection should be kicked automatically too, as they often cause lags too)

Xeno