Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

I dunno if somebody already pointed this out, but there is no sound replacement on the scar 16 cqc with the eotech, it still has the default sounds.

yeah make also single pbo may for the heli wepons or hange the apache un to more realistic

Hey vo2.

Dude I love your stuff. :) But some parts of it are... Not as perfect as some else.

Bullet hits, vehicles.

As people already said, Is there a way to maybe get single-pbo'd stuff? Or would it be too much work for you? If it's easy to do and is just "dumb copy&paste" work, I could do it, but I would need explanation...

As you can hear in this video - I like to mix stuff up to perfetly hit my personal taste. :)

Will the G36 variants be updated? I noticed they still have the vanilla sound :( I love the gun by the vanilla sound is terribad. The G36C and C supressed have updated sounds, but G36A and G36K do not.

I also noticed that some of the Mk16 are not updated with the new Mk16 sound, more specifically the Mk16 iron sight CQC version and CQC holo.

Edited by xPaveway

hey guys, i was wondering, is there a way to make the M4 and M16 sound the same? Im using Vopsound, but I wanted to enable the M4 sound, to be the used on the M16 as well. is there a way to do this?? thanks!!

I have noticed that with the sound installed some missions crash and i have to restart the computer or sometimes freeze for some seconds and then run again.

What could it be?

Notice: NVIDIA GTX260, Normal or no sound card.

Thanks

I like this sound mod for the most part. I still have a similar issue with it that I have with JSRS, and that is the echo on machine guns. This one is the opposite where the echo returns automatic gunfire regardless of how many bullets are fired. i would prefer a straight dissipation of sound myself without the echo unless the echo could be reflective of the number of bullets fired.

still, great job!

EDIT: noticed the autofire echo with the AK's too. just sounds a little off. I like the sound release on the SCAR, they should all be like that. I dont think echo is necessary unless it can be done right.

Edited by NeoHazard

I disagree. Echoes can come back after being reflected from more than one surface, creating a "chain" of echoes even for a single shot. Would they be that distinct? Probably not. But also you don't shoot an automatic weapon like M249 or M240 in single shots. Or at least it's so uncommon that it makes sense (to me anyways) to prefer multi echoes for these rather than single echoes.

I disagree. Echoes can come back after being reflected from more than one surface, creating a "chain" of echoes even for a single shot. Would they be that distinct? Probably not. But also you don't shoot an automatic weapon like M249 or M240 in single shots. Or at least it's so uncommon that it makes sense (to me anyways) to prefer multi echoes for these rather than single echoes.

I guess...

But I'm going to stick with my preference for a straight diffuse dissapation without the hard echo.

I don't want to have to imagine that I'm always in that perfectly magical sonorous situation where all the splash points of the gun's echo return a perfect sequence of 3 shots regardless of position, or shots fired.

I myself frequently use machine guns to fire singular intervalic shots to sustain a suppressive attitude on a position. It lengthens the the time between reloading and lets the enemy know you've got them held up. If you have 2 machinegunners set up firing this way it can press a hostile down enough to let team members move. saves ammo IMO

besides they ak47 has this particular echo problem and it has a semi function on it.

I don't know anything about sound modding so I'm just putting out a random theory...

So, maybe there is some way to use the delayed distance sound effect file on ones self. Set an arbitrary delay that sounds appropriate to return each individual fire sound effect. As if you were listening to your own gunfire from 1200 meters away.

Edited by NeoHazard

any updates? i really love this sound mod :(

for me the scars are still using the default sound again, maybe it's cause i also run acex sm . will check

how i can use only your m249 and m4 sound i copied the wss but wont work.

pls help

Very strange... !

I had the J.S.R.S Sound Mod before this one but i always had a problem with the AK-74, there was only a single shot sound and no full auto sound.

Now, with this soundmod (OA version) i have the same problem with the AK-74 !

Something must be wrong, i know im not the only one with this problem.

What's up with the AK-74 ??

Sorry to drag this thread out of the dust, but I wanted to share a config for this mod if anyone uses it. I found that the surface and walking sounds (which I love) stopped working with recent releases and 1.8 of ace (and this is without using ACE_SM sound mod) ... it returns to vanilla with ace running.

Anyway, in thanks to Anders and his sound mod I then got this part working for VOP2 walking and surface sounds when running with ACE ... it s very basic config, I thought I would share becuase its at least a fix if anyone has any interest in it.

http://www.multiupload.com/MD8ABEBI6Y

Simply add this very small size pbo along side this mods pbo's wherever you have them loaded.

NOTE: Its not signed, was personal use and only a temp SP play fix if this mod ever gets updated (which it hasn't for some time).

You only need this if you have it with ace and use walking and surface sounds and thats also if your using ACE without using its soundmod (mainly).

Edited by mrcash2009

Hi,

I just downloaded and am using your VOP sound mod but I seem to get a lot of :

Cannot load sound 'vops_s_impact\snapfarsingle.wss' (in the hundreds)

and some

Cannot load sound 'vops_s_guns\shell_soft_04.wss'

in my arma.rpt file.

Am I doing some thing wrong (order of mods etc) ie what order should they be in?

Thanks of you could help me.

boom!

I also got some of these errors in my rpt.

Addon vops_s_guns (entry TruckHorn) not found in the list of active addons.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

Client: Object 2:885 (type Type_104) not found.

Client: Object 2:885 (type Type_105) not found.

Client: Object 2:886 (type Type_103) not found.

Client: Object 2:886 (type Type_203) not found.

Client: Object 2:887 (type Type_103) not found.

Client: Object 2:887 (type Type_203) not found.

Client: Object 2:890 (type Type_98) not found.

Client: Object 2:890 (type Type_99) not found.

Client: Object 2:891 (type Type_89) not found.

Client: Object 2:885 (type Type_104) not found.

Client: Object 2:885 (type Type_105) not found.

Client: Object 2:892 (type Type_99) not found.

Client: Object 2:893 (type Type_89) not found.

Client: Object 2:892 (type Type_98) not found.

Client: Object 2:894 (type Type_98) not found.

Client: Object 2:894 (type Type_99) not found.

Client: Object 2:895 (type Type_89) not found.

Client: Object 2:896 (type Type_98) not found.

Client: Object 2:896 (type Type_99) not found.

Client: Object 2:897 (type Type_89) not found.

Client: Object 2:900 (type Type_99) not found.

Client: Object 2:901 (type Type_89) not found.

Client: Object 2:900 (type Type_98) not found.

Client: Object 2:902 (type Type_98) not found.

Client: Object 2:902 (type Type_99) not found.

Client: Object 2:903 (type Type_89) not found.

Client: Object 2:904 (type Type_98) not found.

Client: Object 2:904 (type Type_99) not found.

Client: Object 2:905 (type Type_89) not found.

Client: Object 2:902 (type Type_99) not found.

Client: Object 2:904 (type Type_99) not found.

Client: Object 2:906 (type Type_99) not found.

Client: Object 2:907 (type Type_89) not found.

Client: Object 2:910 (type Type_98) not found.

Client: Object 2:910 (type Type_99) not found.

Client: Object 2:911 (type Type_89) not found.

Client: Object 2:906 (type Type_98) not found.

and these are common on both server and client

2011/02/09, 16:18:45 Cannot load sound 'vops_s_guns\hmv_horn.wss'

2011/02/09, 16:18:48 Cannot load sound 'vops_s_guns\hmv_horn.wss'

2011/02/09, 16:18:51 Cannot load sound 'vops_s_guns\hmv_horn.wss'

2011/02/09, 16:19:00 Cannot load sound 'vops_s_guns\hmv_horn.wss'

2011/02/09, 16:24:14 Client: Object 3:3 (type Type_69) not found.

2011/02/09, 16:24:14 Client: Object 3:3 (type Type_70) not found.

Using beta 77819 and A2:CO

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but does this change the gun sounds in the game to sound more realistic?

I am looking for a mod that makes the gun sounds more realistic and powerful. Some of the gun sounds are alright, but it would be nice to have the echoes, crack-bang, and so forth.

Ever played that game Medal of Honor? I was thinking of sounds that could match that quality.

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but does this change the gun sounds in the game to sound more realistic?

I am looking for a mod that makes the gun sounds more realistic and powerful. Some of the gun sounds are alright, but it would be nice to have the echoes, crack-bang, and so forth.

Ever played that game Medal of Honor? I was thinking of sounds that could match that quality.

try the soundmod from lordjarhead

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104514

Hi,

I've installed Vopsound 2.1.. works Great!

I've went to about 12 servers, all have an error complaining that the server doesn't recognize the signed .bifile

I've removed 2.1, installed 2.2 vop sound.

I've followed the instructions explicitly;

-created folder named VopSound2.2, sub folder addons

-extracted all the sub folders into addons sub folder.

-extracted the vopsound.bikey into the vopsound/addons directory.

i've tried several things like copyingthe vopsound.bikey file into the keys directory from the root folder of arma2.

What am I doing wrong?

or is it that 90% of the servers out there running, won't allow user made mods?

***Note*** I only play warfare BE v2.066 and v2.0067

Not sure if warfare mods disallow vopsound.

Ask the server admin to add the key to the server.

Hm, the editor always adds vops_s_wheeled to the mission.sqm although I didn't add it myself - can that behaviour be changed somehow?

*edit

Also I always get the warning/error about:

you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. vops_s_guns

Edited by idl0r

bad configs

a) fix them yourself or get a fixed version

b) remove the sqm entry from addons/addonsAuto array after you save a mission

bad configs

a) fix them yourself or get a fixed version

b) remove the sqm entry from addons/addonsAuto array after you save a mission

I did remove the vops_* stuff and there was nothing related to the vops_s_guns error/warning but it still occurs.