Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

I just finished testing the mod and it's very good, But IMO the ambient sounds need some work (It sounds very low), And the sonic crack (When enemies are shooting at you) needs a little more "crack" lol

Great sounds mate but it seems theres a real showstopper to me and thats that half the Mk16 Scars have your sounds and the other half has stock bis sounds..not sure if its a config issue? i downloaded your hotfix aswell to make sure..

Great sounds mate but it seems theres a real showstopper to me and thats that half the Mk16 Scars have your sounds and the other half has stock bis sounds..not sure if its a config issue? i downloaded your hotfix aswell to make sure..

Oh, could you please explain how to reproduce and which addons loaded?

very nice. some echos would be nice, the sounds are good though.

Mk16 CQC still has default sound.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Mk17 SD has unsuppressed sound.

Same: Mk17SD has unsuppressed sound.

mK17SD has a unsuppressed sound because it a bug with the game (come on bis!) not this sound mod, try any sound mod to see for yourself ;)

Im only running the beta patch and cba (version 118 from six updater) and your sound mod to reproduce half the mk16s playing bis sounds. e.g. the mk16CQC

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA;@VOP -nosplash -noFilePatching -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=3

p.s. i dont have a space after the @ sign in VOP just looks like it when i posted it in here..

Edited by OrdeaL

I'm getting an error message related to missing ACE something. Not running ACE.

I'm still getting "vops_s_guns" added to addOns[]= when saving mission.

Mk16 have default sound.

That's all for now. Will start testing soon.

OrdeaL, that is not true I believe. Try Eliassoundmod for OA and you will get suppressed sounds on all guns equipped with suppressors.

OrdeaL, that is not true I believe. Try Eliassoundmod for OA and you will get suppressed sounds on all guns equipped with suppressors.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11551

I think you'll find im right and that this will be fixed in the next full patch ;)

When using this soundmod I don't get any sounds at all, I've tried using a modfolder, tried having the files in the AddOns folder in the Arma 2 directory folder, and with a clean shortcutline and no other addons. Anybody know what causes this?

I'm getting an error message related to missing ACE something. Not running ACE.

I'm still getting "vops_s_guns" added to addOns[]= when saving mission.

Mk16 have default sound.

That's all for now. Will start testing soon.

1. If you don't run ACE just remove the both ACE related files, I thought that would be clear and I forgot to mention.

2. How could I reproduce this issue? I've saved a mission in the editor and exported to missions. I had no required addons entry in the sqm.

version=11;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"cacharacters_e",

"caweapons_e_ammoboxes",

"desert_e"

};

3. Weird. Try loading with ACE and it works. :pet5: ....//fixed

1. Oh man... There was a readme there? :D Sorry, forgot to read. My mistake entirely.

2. Will try without the ACE files, maybe that will fix some things. Will get back to you if not.

3. Don't have ACE yet. Would distract me too much from editing, which I can't allow atm :p

i run ace and i dont have any problems with vopsound

Yep same.

I don't have much luck with VOP..

Ok, working on OA standalone, mod is in the main ArmA 2 folder: @VopSound2.3/addons/***.pbo

The shortcut as the -mod=@VopSound2.3

The game has the stock sounds.

:(

Edit:

Ok I reinstalled EVERYTHING, ARMA 2, and then OA, patched up (not beta) and still, vanilla sounds.

UGH.

Edited by gopherman

Dont know much about the retail OA version, but does it install into a seperate folder? Steam version does, and you need to put the modfolder into the Arrowhead folder.

Path looks like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@VopSound2.3"

Edit: Anything new about the mission needs vops_*_*.pbo issue?

Edited by vo.2

I've discovered that your rain and wind sounds doesnt work... I've listened to your sounds and the listened ingame and they don't sound the same.. :(

I've also (and I hope it's ok) edited the acex_sm sounds and made my own sounds including your "world sounds" for private use, but even there I cant get these lovely sounds to work.

The animal-sounds works great though, but not the wind and rain sounds.

Here's my code:

http://pastebin.com/0MQNL69V

Propably a strange issue with the new islands. Classes might be changed in their configs. Did you try Chernarus aswell?

Hello i play OA standalone and I'm getting two error messages in the rpt:

Addon vops_s_guns (entry SportCarHorn) not found in the list of active addons.

Addon vops_s_guns (entry TruckHorn) not found in the list of active addons.

Regards Mike

Propably a strange issue with the new islands. Classes might be changed in their configs. Did you try Chernarus aswell?

Yeah, I tried the forests of Utes and Chernarus, does it work for you?

And would it be possible to make wind sounds for the "desert -map"? There're several bushes that makes animations from quite amount of wind on the map (visually atleast), but its quiet like on the moon... Seems to me, rather fubar.

I could make the wind sounds myself, but I need to know how to make this shit code to work... Strange when the animals and other sounds works. :)

Edited by -=anders=-

Not on steam here, off the CD's.

Been testing it a bit more and have noticed a few sounds are there; the M240 is the deeper VOP sound but every other weapon minus a few are all the crap stock sounds.

Slightly off topic; what the hell are BI thinking with these sounds they are shipping!!!

@People with the missing sounds:

Did you download and install the hot fix? I had the same issue until I did. :)

Due to a misplaced sound in config, theres is a newer version of vops_c_guns.pbo available.

http://depositfiles.com/files/gztzj2tpv

Please replace the one from the VopSound 2.3 Archive

Saving a highly modified version of Domination (might get it with vanilla Domination as well, don't know), I end up with the following addon list:

addOns[]=
{
	"CA_Modules_ARTY",
	"takistan",
	"cacharacters_e",
	"CAAir_E_UH60M",
	"caair_e_ch_47f",
	"CAWheeled_E_stryker",
	"CAWheeled_E",
	"camisc_e_wf",
	"camisc_e",
	"CAAir_E_AH6J",
	"CAAir_E_UH1H_EP1",
	"CAWheeled_E_ATV",
	"ca_modules_e_weather",
	"caair_e",
	"camisc3",
	"cawheeled_e_hmmwv",
	"catracked_e_m113",
	"CAWheeled_E_LandRover",
	"vops_s_guns"
};

But vops_s_guns doesn't get added to the list if I just place a rifleman in a mission and save it. Appears to be something above it that creates this dependency. For me not the same bad issue as it used to be, as we finally got a working copy of cpbo up and running on our Win7 64bit server, but before that I had to reupload every single time I messed up/forgot to delete after saving.

When this happens (may be always, didn't check) the Mk16 Holo get the vanillal sound, but the strange thing is that the Mk16 with the Doctor sight (MQ/T or something) get the new sound. Really baffling, not sure what is going on.

I'll just mention that I run DVD version of A2 with OA on top, but with disabled A2 content (shouldn't matter for Mk16 though).