Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

are you sure you installed it correctly? in the VopSound/Addons folder are there .pbo files there, or other folders? Youre supposed to go into the folders and choose which "modules" you want and copy the .pbo's into the /Vopsound/Addons folder.

i get it too, it doesnt add its self into the mission.sqm thank god.. i fixed it myself though but means it wasnt signed.

--> arma22009-09-2919-20-19-78.jpg

I can't get this working for a server.

The server has 2.1's key installed. It also has the small bisigned and pbo addons that came with it and verifysignatures is equal to 1 in the server config.

I join with 2.1's latest client version and it says I can't join the server because vop sound is not signed

Same here, Just downloaded it and tryed it with editor and singleplayer. I Have to say that I really like the sounds!

Is there a way to get it working on server?

At the moment people can't connect with Vopsound installed...:(

Vopsound doesn´t work for me since 1.04 so I have to use SOW instead of it. Thats like driving a BMW when you could have a Ferrari. Is this going to be fixed soon?

Same here, doesn´t work anymore with Patch 1.04... :(

Hope there will be an update soon.

Halle44 aka vo.2 isnt playing arma2 that often because of the poor performance. I talked to him, he said hes thinking about a new version again.

---------

I dont have any problems to run vopsound 2.1 with 1.04 and with 1.04-beta. I only run clean arma2 with vopsound 2.1.

Edited by Blechreiz

@vo.1 [blechreiz]:

Hmm, I reinstalled ArmA2, patched it on V 1.04 and used only the VOP-Mod 2.1... Doesn´t work! :(

It´s strange that it work on your PC, why not on mine? The only thing I can say that it works without problems with patch 1.03, but not with patch 1.04... I think I´ll wait for a new VOP Version, I don´t like the vanilla sounds that much. :cool:

You guys might want to check if all the add-on files arent in their own folders, but just there in the addon folder itself.

So no ArmA2/@vopmod/addons/equipmentsounds/equipment.pbo

But: ArmA2/@vopmod/addons/equipment.pbo etc etc.

I had the same problem of VOP not running, you could also try to put all the .pbo files in another modfolder that you checked and did work.

It must be appearing somewhere else in your mission.sqm then. Use the search feature of whatever text editor you open it with.

Nah it's not. I've checked and double checked the mission.sqm. It does list vopsound in the addons, but even though I delete it, I get the same stupid error.

Even if I completely disable the mod, as long as I fire a shot using VOP while I was editing (and then save the mission), it never goes away.

What's really stupid is that it says VOP is missing when it isn't.

Similar problems have been around since OFP.

Eth

PS : It's always Vops_c_Guns.pbo JFYI.

Edited by BangTail

I'm not having any problems with 1.4. I have it installed in @Vopsound_2.1/AddOns and I use Alpinestar's Launcher version 1.1.0

absolutely love this mod - totally indispensible IMO.

One thing's missing though - when you are in a tank or APC which is taking cannon fire, there is no sound at all. You only know you are being hit by the smoke and damage indicator.

Thankfully I've never experienced this IRL, but I would imagine that the sound of high-velocity 30mm AP rounds slamming into plate armour is pretty noisy:D

Any chance of adding this in?

cheers

Mandrake

I think i got a bug with the M4A1_EOTECH_M203_SD there is no silencer sound for the weapon if i shoot i get the standart M4 sound

Would this mod work with that dynamic sound AI mod?

since patch 1.04 incl. beta patches the "chatter_Addon" don´t works for me in general, with or without the vopsound-mod.

Oh, it seems like 1.04 was a real sound mod killer, considering they had to optimize it.

-----------------Installation--------------

!!!!!REMOVE ALL EXISTING VOPSOUND FILES FROM EARLIER RELEASES!!!!!!

Create a folder called @VopSound_2.1 and inside this one another called Addons in your ArmA2 main directory.

Inside this new Addons folder you place the .pbo and .bisign files you would like from your extracted archive and the appropriate subfolders. The names are selfexplaining.

Environmental Sounds: Ambient and Nature sounds

Explosions,Snaps and Impact Sounds: Any kind of explosion, bulletsnap and impact sounds

Fixed Wings: Sounds for fixed wings aircrafts

Footsteps and Gear Sounds: less annoying footsteps and gear rattling (no more clonketyclonk)

Gun Sounds: Sounds for nearly every weapon ingame

Wheeled Vehicles: Sounds for wheeled vehicles

This .bisign files are there so players using properly signed addons can join to that server which requires them.

Rightclick on the ArmA shortcut in the desktop or where you have it and select properties.

In the target box add -mod=@VopSound_2.1

It should look like:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -cpucount=8 -nosplash -mod=@vopsound_2.1

To load more than one mod folder use semi-colons to separate them. (-mod=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3)

---------------------------------------------

I am a steam user and build my own PCs but have no idea how to install this given those instructions. Especially when talking about installing the .pbo and .bisign files.

Inside of your Arma2 folder you'll just need to create a NEW folder named whatever you want but they recommend you name it @VopSound_2.1.

Next, inside of that folder you have to create another NEW folder named: Addons

Now take the files you just downloaded and just drag them or copy them into your newly created @VopSound_2.1./Addons folder.

That takes care of the files aspect. Lastly you just have to add

-mod=@VopSound_2.1

onto to your Arma startup line. This line is found by right clicking on your Arma2.Exe file/Properties/Target Line. Just make sure you don't erase what is already there; keep a space between what you add; then apply.

You should be good to go.

Hello all :)

Just a quick question..

I downloaded the Sound of war mod and started playing the campaign (up to the mission where you get to free roam and get a uh to pick you up..)

Now, I wanted to try this VOP mod and done all accordingly with the folders etc but upon trying to load my campaign game it came up with an error that I coudnt carry on playing it. something about modified content..

Will I have to start a new campaign with this mod?

No just deactivate Sound of War and restart the mission

Thank you so much! :)

Gonna check this VOP out asap ;)

I've claimed that VopSound have a couple of bugs that apparently SOWMod did not. Well, after testing it appears that both mods suffers from some of these issues. Namely flares and wp when used from Artillery and SOM modules, they cause some kind of weird explosions (sound only) that is not there in vanilla Arma2.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M4A1/Single.displayName'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Almost every weapon listed a few errors like that, anything I missed?