Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

what dos the (( -cpucount=8 -nosplash)) in the ((C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -cpucount=8 -nosplash -mod=@vopsound_2.1)) mean? Or what does it do?

Curius to know more : )

No splash means you don't show the Bohemia and ArmA 2 screens when you start up. I have no idea what the "-cpucount=8" thing is. Maybe the number of cores you have?

maby it mens that in uses all 8cores if the computer has 8. But is ther anny Cores out ther that have 8? : S the latest one is i7. I have a Quadd. Must be somthin els.

Yes -cpucount is number of cpu cores.

Core i7 has 8 cores when HT (Hyperthreading on) 4 physical and 4 simulated cores.

I recommend to turn HT off in bios and type -cpucount=4 because it gives you little better performance in ArmA2 and the CPU doesn't heat up that much with HT off.

i wish i had an i7 but i only have an Q6600 2.40 ghz. Its an not boxt så i cant realy do anything with it.. : (

So that means I better put my count to 4 since I have the Intel Quad Core

okay thanks for the info on the cpucount=8 thing. But thus that mean that peaple with dualcores have problem runing the patch? or can you just type cpucount=2 then?

I can't get this working for a server.

The server has 2.1's key installed. It also has the small bisigned and pbo addons that came with it and verifysignatures is equal to 1 in the server config.

I join with 2.1's latest client version and it says I can't join the server because vop sound is not signed

A lot of people are reporting that using -cpucount=2 and -winxp Commands are running Arma2 better then -cpucount=4 On Quadcores... try it out.

Me too. Sounds are nowhere near as loud as before. Is there a fix?

Yeah there is, Im almost ready to jump ship to Op Flashpoint ..sigh

A lot of people are reporting that using -cpucount=2 and -winxp Commands are running Arma2 better then -cpucount=4 On Quadcores... try it out.

I tried cpucount=2 (as opposed to 4), and the frames were about 10-20 fps lower (45fps vs. 55-65 fps).

Hmmn, does Vopsound drastically tone down or change Arma's bullet snaps with its version? I didn't really notice them when I tested and have been running the game without the excellent explosion sounds as a result.

Bug: Throwing a stone gives an explosion sound. In default, all it does is throwing up some dust effects where it lands.

Not tested due to editor currently acting up on me with 1.04, but I suspect there is still an explosion sound when you call in WP artillery. Also not in the default version.

My sounds are quite weak as well. I haven't tested with direct chat VoIP yet, so I'm undecided if it is something that I like or not.

Great mod! however I am having an issue with this and SLX Mod since 1.04, When both mods combined, I hear strange buzzer sound (assuming some weapond sound having conflet) anyone have this problem?

is there any way to make it so that vopsound is not put down as an addon when u create a mission in the editor. because if u run the mission later w/o vopsound it thinks that it needs it even though it is not necessary for the mission. the only fix is to delete that vop c guns line out of the mission file (a pain).

can this be remedied as it doesnt occur with any other sound mods i use.

Even after deleting it from the mission.sqm, I still get a stupid pop up saying vop is needed. TBH, this has been around since OFP and is not the fault of VOP. The game is keeping info somewhere that is not being updated. I'd really like to see it eliminated because the F**KING pop up often comes as I am shooting at someone who is trying desperately to kill me :mad:

Eth

Never mind the sound level issue. Somehow my wave soundlevel in WinXP was turned way down. I know I haven't touched it, but I don't know what might have. Restoring this made sounds work ok again.

Even after deleting it from the mission.sqm, I still get a stupid pop up saying vop is needed. TBH, this has been around since OFP and is not the fault of VOP. The game is keeping info somewhere that is not being updated. I'd really like to see it eliminated because the F**KING pop up often comes as I am shooting at someone who is trying desperately to kill me :mad:

Eth

It must be appearing somewhere else in your mission.sqm then. Use the search feature of whatever text editor you open it with.

Is VopSound just overall bugged up with the new update, or is the M107 sound really not changed? I didn't use Vop till after the update, so i cant tell if simply the mod is lacking, or the update broke it. Many weapons don't seem to be changed at all for me, not at a noticeable level anyway.