Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

give it some time server admins havent yet allowed it but since now when ive been trying pritty much most of the servers let me join...

Yeah it hasn't been to bad until today when every server with people in it had it disabled, dunno :\

Think i run over a problem/bug... When I fire the GAU-8 on the A10 the impact sound from the "bullets" is distorted/crackled and the most annoying thing, all of the other sounds in the game is being disabled/or lowered during the "impact time". Should it be like this or is it a BUG?

Have tried to:

-Switch to a new profile

-Disabled the impact pbo (this works... but all the sounds from the A10s impact sounds is gone)

-Changed soundcard

Best regads!

Arre

Probably related to that one odd bug in ArmA 2. Get in a AH-1z and spam every hydra really quickly and it should produce the same effect if you're near where they impact.

Stop by the 13th SOAG we allow it cause we lurv it:yay:

Can you post your IP for the server? I'd like to join also.

We also run VOP sound, along with the TSRM tracked vehicles and RH heli sounds (they all need the keys though). All welcome, see the website in my sig for server details (or filter [RIP]) and we also have a complete list of the addons allowed on our servers detailed in the public section under ArmA 2.

our server are accepting Vop sound TSRM and heli sounds

Why play with stock if you could play with the best sound

Hey Chammy our IP is 217.146.93.22 and port 2332 we have vent so just yell for the info when ur in. Also we allow other mods as well so feel free to bring em along folks.

Edited by Rogue_Trooper

Yeah more servers really need to enable this mod. I was playing today (I think the server was called Berzerk) it had like 50 people but I kept seeing for example

"John has connected"

"John is using modified file Vopsound 2.1"

"John has been kicked"

People want to use the mod, server admins need to let them.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i downloaded this vopsound 2.1 mod from armaholic and opend it with 7-zipfilemanager. i then copy and paste vopsound folder to new made addon folder under @vopsound

@vopsound>addon>vopsound_2.1

i then created a nwe shortcut, added the -mod=@vopsound_2.1 to target line.

when i join servers it says im using it but i do not hear sounddifference. ia lso have boring old sounds in editor singleplayer. WHY!!!

im not very good with computers! T_T

Create a folder in Arma2 Directory called @VopSound in that a folder called AddOns and in that put all the files that u find in the folders like "Gun Sounds" "Wheeled Vehicles" etc

i.e. copy the files out of the "Gun Sounds" folder and paste them into the AddOns folder in @VopSound Mine is: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@VopSound\Addons

Im using VopSound 2.1 with TrackVehicles and Heli soundmod as recomended. Problem is that i cant hear gunfire, grenades or tube form myself or AI or other players same goes for mounted guns in vehicles and aircraft. I have extracted all files in separete folders as recomended and i only have problem with gunfire etc everything else seems to work as it should.

Anyone got suggestions on how to get the vopsound guns working ?

Edited by cri74

You propably forgot to add the sound container. "Vops_s_guns.pbo"

In folder

Vops_c_Guns.pbo

Vops_c_Guns.pbo.VopSound.bisign

Vops_s_Guns.pbo.VopSound.bisign

Edit: Hmm.. now some vehicles and SU25 went silent too :( , but i got my guns back when i deleted those files from the folder

Path

c:/programfiles/Bohemia interactive/Arma2/@VopSound_2.1/Addons/

c:/programfiles/Bohemia interactive/Arma2/@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles/Addons/

c:/programfiles/Bohemia interactive/Arma2/@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01/Addons/

Start "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@VopSound_2.1;@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles;@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01

Edited by cri74

cri74 - Your missing the Vops_s_guns.pbo seems you only have its bisign file but not the PBO itself in your folder hence not hearing the sound files.

Also ive heard rumours that you should put the vopsound mod at the end of ur target line so yours should be this: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles;@RH_Heli_ sound_mod_1.01;@VopSound_2.1

Getting this error in my RPT file and have to click continue at the start of every mission ....

Addon vops_c_guns (entry TruckHorn) not found in the list of active addons.

Any idea how to fix ?

Add to weapons array in cfgPatches.

Yet its more a BI config prob. Adding it to VOPS would create savegame issues.

Means saved with VOP can only be loaded with VOP active..

Because of the problems that appear with the correct installation of the SoundMods, I have uploaded a Soundpack.

It includes the complete VopSounds 2.1, RH Heli Sound Mod 1.01 and the TRSM-Tracked Vehicles 1.0.

You only have to unpack the content of the 7z file into the ArmA2 homedirectory.

If you want to disable some parts of the soundmods, just delete/move the pbo files from the Addons folder that belong to the sounds (e.g. if you don't want the gun sounds, delete/move the Vops_s_Guns.pbo and the Vops_c_Guns.pbo).

I've also included some new config files posted by kju. They are in the kju_new_configs folder. If you want to use them, overwrite the original ones in the addons folder. They are signed by me (key is in the Keys folder). On most signed servers you can not join with this configs, because my key is not really common!

Download is here. (2shared, download link is on the right bottom)

Edited by Kaltrasierer

In folder

Vops_c_Guns.pbo

Vops_c_Guns.pbo.VopSound.bisign

Vops_s_Guns.pbo.VopSound.bisign

Edit: Hmm.. now some vehicles and SU25 went silent too :( , but i got my guns back when i deleted those files from the folder

Path

c:/programfiles/Bohemia interactive/Arma2/@VopSound_2.1/Addons/

c:/programfiles/Bohemia interactive/Arma2/@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles/Addons/

c:/programfiles/Bohemia interactive/Arma2/@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01/Addons/

Start "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@VopSound_2.1;@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles;@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01

cri74 - Your missing the Vops_s_guns.pbo seems you only have its bisign file but not the PBO itself in your folder hence not hearing the sound files.

Also ive heard rumours that you should put the vopsound mod at the end of ur target line so yours should be this: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles;@RH_Heli_ sound_mod_1.01;@VopSound_2.1

All the files in VopSound_2.1signed.rar only have 3 variations of the same file. In other words there are no Vops_s_guns.pbo when i extract the files to my folder only the ones listed in first post:( Maybe i need the ones from an earlier edition of vopsound?

I've tried with only Vop too, but wont work "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@VopSound_2.1

Tracked and heli works fine

Edited by cri74

@cri74:

You have to download the soundfiles and the sign-update!

Here are the links. (Armaholic)

Soundfiles are ~200MB.

Or you can download the Soundpack I've postet.

Hmm... i feel stupid, so the armaholic DL does not contain the proper files to make it work?

Ill try your suggestion Kaltrasierer.. Downloading now and hopefully it contais the files i need.

EDIT: Seems everything is against me when it comes to the VopSound thing. Files are damaged Kaltrasiere. Ill try to Download them again

Edited by cri74

Ok now I have a weird problem.If I missed a solution higher up Im sorry.

I installed vop 2.1. I have never install any other versions of VOP.When I start a multiplayer game I get that I have vop_2.0.I have tried deleting the addons folder and reinstalling but get same thing.

Did I install wrong?I took everything out of the sub folders and put in 1 addon vop2.1 folder