Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

hum...

after you asked i did a few test with different mods...

Now it works...

Without any changes in the mods after all...

strange things....

i still have the problem my mate now cant even connect to the server.... it just says connection to server failed he never had this before...

Edited by hunterman52

I posted previous about losing some sounds (dropouts) with some walking texture sounds and reloads that are intermittent. Well I think I may have narrowed it down and would need other to test.

It seems I lose walking sounds and reload when I get alot of the thunder happening in rain/bad weather.

I wondered if some others and the maker can maybe run with 2.01 in bad weather and have a play and see if they notice this also. So far it seems to be that thunder in the atmospheric section of the modular 2.1 when happening frequent seems to "knock out" the walking and reload. Again its intermittent but I can pretty much make it happen simply with thunder/rain weather.

Also Im using all modules apart from "gun" so walking is VOP guns are not (and walking sounds from VOP drop out and gun reload from BIS default drop out). NOTE: that simply pausing and entering game can kick it back into touch and sounds work again, and also they can come back randomly as I walk / reload ... but mainly happens with thunder.

So maybe see under those conditions if others get the same.

Edited by mrcash2009

i got the vop sounds workin i can play online with other people but like th other guy said i cant seem to get sounds for airplanes there silent and only when im in first perso inside aircraft i can hear the wind...

I just played a few missions using VOP and I have to say great job! Although I noticed, not sure if its me though, that they sound a tad bit more metallic than the version for ArmA1, which was very good in itself as well although a little warmer sounding. Is it me? I have Windows 7 and I do notice the sound is much are clearer than XP, or maybe its the built in sound card.

the software doesnt really effect sound does it?... lol its your sound card most likly.

i dont understand, I have downloaded the file, unpacked it, made a folder in the arma folder as requested, adjusted a new shortcut as requested.

However I just put the entire addon folder from the download into the @vop2.0 folder, and I dont hear any gun sounds.

What exactly am I supposed to do with the pbo's?

Im not stupid, but this does seem slightly over complicated.

i dont understand, I have downloaded the file, unpacked it, made a folder in the arma folder as requested, adjusted a new shortcut as requested.

However I just put the entire addon folder from the download into the @vop2.0 folder, and I dont hear any gun sounds.

What exactly am I supposed to do with the pbo's?

Im not stupid, but this does seem slightly over complicated.

Put the pbo's in: @vop2.0/addons

If you've put them directly into the @vop2.0 folder, it won't work. You need a folder called 'addons' inside it.

I can't get it to work, this is how I have it set up. You cannot see the full target line in the steam box.

Sorry for the offtopic, but I wouldn't want Chammy to give up just for this.

The demo just does not allow it's content to be altered. Only the full game is modable.

Thanks Robalo, I having a looksee at ArmA2's innards

I can't get it to work, this is how I have it set up. You cannot see the full target line in the steam box.

Check back to page 15 and scroll through mate.

Put the pbo's in: @vop2.0/addons

If you've put them directly into the @vop2.0 folder, it won't work. You need a folder called 'addons' inside it.

I see the folders with the pbo's inside, so i just copied them all and put them outside the folders, into the addons folder inside the @vop2.0 folder.

It works but there are 4 files which arent signed apparently and i get kicked from every online server.

Am I being really slow or does this seem wierd, why not just have the addon folder with them already in?

Loads of noobs like me will be instantly stuck!

Check back to page 15 and scroll through mate.

It's all working now, thanks! I found a minor bug though, when turning your side to tanks(at least the t90 I tested), then the engine sound will stutter/jitter A LOT. They were aprox. 150-350 meters away from me when I tested.

Now does all the files in the folders such as enviorments, guns, aircraft...and etc...I got to move them into the addons folder, and out of the folder they were in the zip?

Yes. Out from the zip. ALL the .PBO's & .BISIGN's into the ADDONS folder. So if you look inside the ADDONS folder you see 24 files ending with .PBO and .BISIGN

Good luck.

Hey thanks man! Mucho Gracias.... I got it workin after awhile...didn't want to take a break trying to get it working, even though I was frusrated as hell lol...but Thanks man! Great sound mod, too.

on the armaholic page, it says the vobsound 2.1 should be almost 200mb in size. the file is only 20kb. am i doing it wrong?

on the armaholic page, it says the vobsound 2.1 should be almost 200mb in size. the file is only 20kb. am i doing it wrong?

Ehm yes, you must have downloaded it while the page was being edited :(

The download link for the fixed config and signed files is now listed under "Required addons".

Ah yes, I see now.

The second link was never changed. Thanks for the headsup :)

Signature links fixed as well, must have gone fubar with the forum migration.

hey thanks for this great mod, it makes the game feel alot more realistic and the immersion is even better.

I have noticed a couple of bugs though,

1.sometimes if there are alot explosions going off around the player, the sound will cut off and it is gone for a couple of seconds, I've checked this with two separate sets of speakers because the first time it happened i though maybe my speakers were blown but it happened on my studio speakers too, so im not sure whats goin on.

2.some of the aircrafts gun sounds are almost non existent, i think its the f35 gun sound for me that i noticed this, next time im on the game ill try and confirm.

thank you once again for this awesome mod and ill help do my part to point out bugs if i notice them.

hey thanks for this great mod, it makes the game feel alot more realistic and the immersion is even better.

I have noticed a couple of bugs though,

1.sometimes if there are alot explosions going off around the player, the sound will cut off and it is gone for a couple of seconds, I've checked this with two separate sets of speakers because the first time it happened i though maybe my speakers were blown but it happened on my studio speakers too, so im not sure whats goin on.

2.some of the aircrafts gun sounds are almost non existent, i think its the f35 gun sound for me that i noticed this, next time im on the game ill try and confirm.

thank you once again for this awesome mod and ill help do my part to point out bugs if i notice them.

That's a bug with the game, not this mod.

Easy mate its conflicting with @eliassound ditch that so ur exe looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -maxmem=2047 -cpuCount=2 -mod=@vopsound2.1

Hope this helps

Meh... love the mod. Sadly I'm going to have to stop playing it.

Almost every server out there has ALL mods disabled, so I can't use something like this and play multiplayer on most servers. Usually it's not too bad but 90% of server admins purposly disable all user-side mods, even for something as cool and legit as this one.

Oh well.