Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

Depends if the server allows it. Some are open to all addons (easily hacked - avoid), some allows certain addons with "keys" to check that its not modified, and some doesnt allow it or any addon.

Join a team and usually you can have all addons in the world that your team finds good enough for the gaming experience. This way your sure most good addons will be used and you will be a happy fish. :)

Publicly you will most definatelly run into servers that wont allow this or any other addon.

Alex

Ive discovered that the silenced sounds for M9 doesnt work or the Colt 1911 shoot sounds. Hows that?

I've been trying to make it where this mod is allowed on my clan's server. Only problem is that when I put the key in the folder and everything, and even when I just let any addons be allowed it kicks everyone saying that the mod isn't allowed.

Nothing we seem to do fixes it and there's a couple of people who it will allow to connect but then the mod doesn't work in the server.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Edit: Confirmed broken signatures. What a mess :( Will address that later including the fix for the "downloadable content" message. Sorry.

I think it may have something to do with that, Linelor.

Ah in that case I'll hold off with this mod then until the issue is fixed :)

Hi

Since Vop 2.1 (correctly installed of course) my G36 only has the scope :confused: If I don't use Vop 2.1 I always have this problem.

I didn't have this problem with previous versions of VOP, have you an idea ?

Thanks.

Edited by Kr3v

Just thought Id report something.

Im using every pbo apart from the guns.

I notice while playing that the ambient sounds like rain and thunder really overpower the volume vs guns aspect (not sure if this mods guns are leveled higher than BIS stock).

I set all my volume levels back to 50 percent default, but to get my guns and normal ear level over the rain and thunder i cant as they become louder also (BIS sound levels really need to be split up more!).

Also sometimes i'm getting dropouts of walking sounds IE: running sound wont trigger but might get grass walks sound, then hit gravel and silent again ... then later all back once more. Also "so far" m14 reload sound doesn't trigger at times. This kind of thing I only ever had in Arma1 and has been sweet with Arma2 until I tried 2.01.

Im using Xfi extreme gamer and all is fine, but seems coincidental that running this (along with heli pack/track vehicles pack in priority) that i'm now experiencing some sound dropouts.

I was using this on the Seize Zones SP missions, allot going on too. I wondered if anyone has this set up and has run complex battle (or maybe even try sieze zones mission) let it get busy and see if you experience anything like this.

Edited by mrcash2009

Once again fixed configs..

http://dump.no/files/a31d81bc9176/Fixed_VOP_configs.7z

vo.2 dont get me wrong. I very much appreciated your effort.

Yet there was a reason to offer mST..

Please at least make decent configs:

* Only define changes (no copy paste code from BI configs..)

* Only define sound values

Thanks !

Edit : My G36 is still bugged :(

Edited by Kr3v

a very little issue, when somone fire the scoped hunting rifle, the bolting action sound right after the fire sound can be heard at 30-50 m like if u where the guy bolting the rifle.

PS: I didn't verify the class structure. Seems its broken / not 1.02 status.

Hey peeps, sorry for the question which has probably been asked somewhere in these seventeen pages, but whats the score with using this in online MP? Being just a sound mod is it going to stop me joining servers which are not running / demanding it?

Will this work with my server now?

EDIT:

Nevermind, just checked. Apparently the key is broken too so this won't work online.

Edited by Linelor

Is there any ETA on when the signatures will be fixed?

Also, as others have asked, I'd like to know what exactly you're changing in a sound mod that makes game-level altercations? I mean, it's sound. I should be able to join any server with a sound mod active and not have a beef about it.

It has nothing to do with it being a sound mod, it's a server-side setting. If the server op requires mods be signed by an approved key then it will be so for all mods regardless of what is altered.

I have self signed the VopSound pbo files for my server and using the latest config from kju (from this post).

If you are intrested in this files, you can download it here.

Kaltrasierer aka MiskyWhixer

Error: sample vops_s_environmental\light_sea.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 48000

from server rpt.

I'm 100% sure I've replaced that sample :confused:.

Fixed Config and signed with new created private key.

Server Admins need to update the BISIGN!

argh

- fixed config by kju
- M24 bolt action less audible over distance
- truck gear sound removed

Edited by vo.2

I'm 100% sure I've replaced that sample :confused:.

http://www.filedropper.com/vopsound21signed_1

- fixed config by kju

The BISIGNfiles are still broken.

We installed the new Key on our Server and the new BISIGNfiles on our local System. We can not connect to our Server. Only VOP2.0 and the old Key works fine so far.

The BISIGNfiles are still broken.

We installed the new Key on our Server and the new BISIGNfiles on our local System. We can not connect to our Server. Only VOP2.0 and the old Key works fine so far.

WTH? :confused:

Edit: Nvm, forgot to add the other sign files.

2nd attempt:

removed

- fixed config by kju

Edited by vo.2

Well, you should really sort your key and sign file problems.

You get still kicked even with your second attempt !!!

Xeno

I dont see the problem, I've created a complete fresh private and server key. Used that private key to sign the files. Whats happening? :(

Are all files affected?