First of all: this addon is completely based on armatech's LHD spawning script, so full credit to him for his excellent work. The few code adaptions i've made aren't worth to mention.

My part of this: adding a config and a (hopefully) accurate Icon. Now you can place the LHD like any othe object in the Editor.

To be found under: WEST(or EMPTY)/USMC/SHIPS/LHD

Download links:

# armaholic.com mirror (thx Foxhound)

# assaultmissionstudio.de mirror

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Thx, now i can place the LHD in the editor.

Put it on our editing addon section at Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

LHD Carrier in the Editor by Myke

cool stuff! Can't wait to try it when I lay my hands on Arma 2 later this summer :)

Thanks for this. I had fun yesterday with the script from Armatech, but now its even easier to use. Thanks a lot.

When i had testet the addon, the icon wasnt 1:1. I used the lifts for e reference point. The placed object spawned in the front of the lift and felt down in to the water. Or did i something wrong? Anyone else have this issue?

I did also "felt" into the LHD when i was walking to the front of the deck. It happens every time. Looks like a bug from the moddeling from BIS.

Again, thanks a lot :). Now i just have to wait for a large COOP mission with this LHD.

Of course my thanks go to Armatech also. Great job.

Best regards

Indeed, the Icon might not be as accurate as it should be but it's hard to find the exactly correct size to be displayed. Also the Icon i've found with google so it might not be 100% exactly the same ship (but it is pretty close to it).

I have already ideas to make it moveable. I'm not into making a driver seat since this seems pointless to me. What i have in mind os more like a Captains "chair" (not visible chair of course :D) which allows to give movement orders.

Well, the idea is just very rough and needs to be defined in detail before i can start working on it. So don't count of an update the very next days. :D

Hmm, you are not the first with this idea.

Edited by swissMAG

Thanks for the link...i know the guy who uploaded it, Will take contact to him.

The placed object spawned in the front of the lift and felt down in to the water. Or did i something wrong? Anyone else have this issue?

The same thing happened to me when I placed it in the bay on the north-eastern side of Chernarus.

The same thing happened to me when I placed it in the bay on the north-eastern side of Chernarus.

Place it on a flat part of the sea!

This is a really nice addon, so thanks for this.

Is the setpos getpos command the only way to place units/Objects on it or are there any other possibilities left?

Edited by MemphisBelle

Any unit i try placing on the LHD, just spawns through the LHD into the sea below :(

Not sure if I'm missing something here but any pointers would be appreciated.

Any unit i try placing on the LHD, just spawns through the LHD into the sea below :(

Not sure if I'm missing something here but any pointers would be appreciated.

you need to use the setpos command in the units initline that you want to put on the carrier :)

I have made a great use of this script integrated in my "Carrier Domination" mod of the usual Domination west AI based on the LHD instead of land base :)

i'm still working on it and looking for help for using a "dynamic" driveable version of the LHD instead of the static one!

Btw, thanks a lot for the job :)

Nice work, thanks for that! But i also have a question: Is it possible to show the editor icon of the LHD also ingame?

Can any of you guys help me place LHD on map (Isla Duala), does anyone have a pew template?

I'm thinking of "hardcoding" it into the actual map ;)

(no need for guys to use addons)

@IceBreakr

the single Parts of the LHD are into ArmA 2 and should be placeable into Visitor like any other object.

Although it has surely certain benefits of pre-placing the LHD, remember that with the addon the Missioncreator keeps the freedom of placing it where it suits best for his mission. And if he doesn't want to use the (fairly small) addon, there is still a script-only version around: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5847