Sign in to follow this  
Muecke

CRCTI Warfare ( cti ) MP

There is a YouTube video with over 1500 AI without slowdown ... I don't think number of AI are a problem with multicore processors :)

I myself have tried 3000 AI and have found that only initially do I get 6-7 FPS but that soon subsides (after about 20 seconds)

Well, other people are complaining about preformance issues in the campaing, that even a quad core isnt enough to to bear with the phisics and ai calculations. Some say that this game is cpu limited.

My quad core is doing rather nicely thanks. It is an OCd i7 920 @2.67GHz up to 3.9GHz.

With the exception of a little texture flickering and VERY slight (milliseconds) stuttering (due to HDD reads) the game is PERFECT in every way. Hell, I haven't even scratched the surface of what it can do.

Go on ... squeeze your processor!

Don't doom it as "CPU limited" based on the campaign. This game is definitely CPU-heavy, but in the campaign according to what people are reporting it seems to be a lot more than that - that is a fundamental design issue with how scripting is done or something of that sort. This doesn't nescessarily have anything to do with just having more AI on the map.

Quoting a question from another thread:

"Is it possible in crCTI to turn off the base-destruction win mode? Many a game ends redicolously early because one side finds the enemy base. At that point you might have spent a good hour working hard to earn money for a decent ai squad and equipment only for the game to end. CTI means Capture The Island right? It's not DEB Destroy Enemy Base :) I wanna fight long and devastating battles over the towns."

Another question: what does the cr in crCTI stand for?

there were a lot of versions of crCTI. In general there were also versions where you could choose the win-conditions. But always base destruction was a condition to win, even if you do not own a single town, you win if you destroy enemies base. But an ADDITIONAL win condition in some versions was to own a percentage or all towns WITHOUT the need to destroy enemies base. This is to avoid endless game when enemies commander is building 100 buildings spread over the complete island (my strategy :D )

Coming back to the question: crCTI is already a "base-destruction win mod(e)")

Another question: what does the cr in crCTI stand for?

Its CleanRock Capture The Island = crCTI

I think he started to make his own cti after Mike Melvins mfcti in OFP.

Couple things I would think that need to be changed to improve gameplay and FUN.

1. Make a limit on Static Weapons. This has become a problem now just like in ofp. People make them all over the map almost making it impossible to win. OFP I think they were limited to 2 for each different Static Weapon.

2. Limit the Range on which AA can fire. Right now flying isnt like OFP/ArmA since the actual cti map is small... People get shot down pretty early. I was getting shot down the other day almost clear across the otherside of the map.

3. Some servers struggle. Possible addon can decrease scripts and processor usage on server side. Unless the preload commands do that? Anyways I think thats why we went to addons in ofp cause it really helped out with Server Lag. Server preloaded alot of stuff from addon.

2. Limit the Range on which AA can fire. Right now flying isnt like OFP/ArmA since the actual cti map is small... People get shot down pretty early. I was getting shot down the other day almost clear across the otherside of the map.
In the changelog for the 05 version it said viewdistance for pilots were doubled once airborne or above a certain minimum altitude. Wont this give the choppers an edge anyway?

I agree choppers do go down rather easily but I'm more worried they'll become too dominant than I am about their current vulnerability. Choppers already quickly discover bases and therefore contribute to shorter games. Now with the increased viewdistance they'll probably pick off armored targets quite easily too.

Just get good AA defence in asap and spread out. Plenty of manpads too .... that ruin those expensive choppers ' day :)

As soon as a helo pops above the horison NAIL IT!

I like this mode a great deal, and I am new to the series. I am basically playing against the me vs. AI.

One thing I noticed is that the AI do not seem to engage targets in choppers? They will buy them and fly around but I don't see them shooting at anything.

Am I missing something?

Also will ARMA 2 modules be imported into this? Like medical, artillery, etc, though I am not very interested in the civilian or animal modules.

Thanks.

first post updated !!!

Any list of changes by chance?

Time to make it the extended edition

In the changelog for the 05 version it said viewdistance for pilots were doubled once airborne or above a certain minimum altitude. Wont this give the choppers an edge anyway?

I agree choppers do go down rather easily but I'm more worried they'll become too dominant than I am about their current vulnerability. Choppers already quickly discover bases and therefore contribute to shorter games. Now with the increased viewdistance they'll probably pick off armored targets quite easily too.

Simple solution is to make attack choppers more expensive. There were many things evened out like this in ofp.... We had to find out the hard way:)

For example tanks were a little more expensive so we basically had to use light armor and jeeps/trucks for the first part of game before we could afford tanks.

I think this is were upgrades came in..... Had to upgrade armor light barracks and air to get the good stuff....

Made the first part of the game more pvp on ground a bit more exciting. Anyone remember trying to get to Monty first and holding your ground at the start of game?

I ran this mission for a while but there is a problem where the memory usage on the server goes up and the cpu usage gets maxed out .

On start up the server is running 18% cpu usage and about 128mb of memory . Soon after the server emptys the memory usgae jumps to 750mb and the cpu rails out at 100% .

This is the only mission that does this

A few suggestions and remarks:

1. A commander voting system (like in A1 Warfare) would be nice.

2. While placing buildings, driving away with HQ from a base, ... a distance comes up in an info box at the top of your screen. Since it updates so frequently, the sound plays too much, causing severe ear aches and significant load on your sound card.

3. Disallow bases to be built beyond the map borders (on the infinite land).

4. Spawn vehicles locked and give them a lock/unlock function, so teammates can't steal them.

5. The UI should get some refurbishments.

6. Maybe introduce a version on which you have to capture the whole island, and not just half of it.

7. More civilian vehicles (the module?).

A few suggestions and remarks:

1. A commander voting system (like in A1 Warfare) would be nice.

never !!!:butbut:

4. Spawn vehicles locked and give them a lock/unlock function, so teammates can't steal them.

Interesting idea, I'd like to see this tried out.

6. Maybe introduce a version on which you have to capture the whole island, and not just half of it.

The bigger the better, I'm all for it if possible. Take away base-win while you're at it so we can have some real exhausting battles. Or at least demand a certain % of towns to be controlled in order to win.

7. More civilian vehicles (the module?).

I guess it's to save server workload, but civilians and cars would make the towns much more life-like. At least some parked cars along the roads/streets.

I would recommend creating spawning enemies that only appear when a human or ai player is withing 1500-2000 to help with server load ala MFCTI town spawns. Also the function to select where the resistance has more units on the lobby windows options

never !!!:butbut:

Why not?

What if the commander's game crashes? What if an inexperienced player isn't capable of commanding? ...

Need to really tweak this to reduce the server load . I tried the update verision tonight and it again maxed out the cpu rather quickly.

Seems to happen if players leave after buying a few troups. Had 4 players on for about 45 mins and no problems server load was 50-60 % cpu usage and about 450 Mb memory . two others joined and I steped out to walk the dog and when I came back cpu usage was railed at 100% (both cores). Memory usage was 650 Mb. Only thing running on the box

When I rejoined the Ai that where under my command where going crazy.

Seen the same thing with choppers just flying around and not attacking anything or landing.

Why not?

What if the commander's game crashes? What if an inexperienced player isn't capable of commanding? ...

If the com gets booted or leaves for whatever reason then the com spot should go to the next player in the list, if that player does not want to command they can give commander to someone else in the options menu

If the com gets booted or leaves for whatever reason then the com spot should go to the next player in the list, if that player does not want to command they can give commander to someone else in the options menu

Assuming they have a clue... ;)

Many thanks to all concerned for this great mission.

Couple of things though. I can't get my squad members to follow way point orders. They acknowledge the command but never move no matter what I try or which wp order I use. Also when playing opfor when I try to buy a ural it gives me a supply ural instead.

great mission but....

please add a script to lock vehicles! - way too many scumbags just waiting at base to steal the first vehicle they can find.

This almost makes it unplayable on busy public servers, unless you are admin and can kick them.