Sign in to follow this  
Muecke

CRCTI Warfare ( cti ) MP

Good point.It's hard to find a good way for all.So we must hope for good solution.:cool:

Well the solution is: If you have a poor system, instead of trying to have nice textures, resolutions, and graphical effects and forcing mission designers to limit view distance etc. just to make it fair and attract more players, just turn down everything to low graphics settings so you can raise your view distance to what the rest of us want to play at.

If you can't run the game on low settings and a view distance of about 3k then you don't have a good enough pc for the game, simple as that.

By the way we've been having a bit of trouble with the mission on our server, it seems to crash the server every now and then after about the first or second town, no idea if its the mission or just because the bugs in arma2 have to be sorted. Can any one explain to me how to command the AI squads as commander? I can get them to take and hold and all that but the waypoint thing and transport orders I can't seem to get working. How do i give them waypoints etc?

Edited by [RIP] Alan.rio

Alan.rio;1306867']

By the way we've been having a bit of trouble with the mission on our server' date=' it seems to crash the server every now and then after about the first or second town, no idea if its the mission or just because the bugs in arma2 have to be sorted. Can any one explain to me how to command the AI squads as commander? I can get them to take and hold and all that but the waypoint thing and transport orders I can't seem to get working. How do i give them waypoints etc?[/quote']

There ARE manuals for crCTI in the BIS forum, even with screenshots. Search also in OFP and ArmA I forum. They are still valid, even if the GUI look changed a little bit. The waypoints you can set by Ctrl-Alt-LftShift and mouseclick at the map. You basically define a bunch of numbered Waypoints and for each group you can define for which purpose a waypoint is utilized.

Means your WP1 is maybe the destination point for team AlphA which has transport duty while you order team Beta to this waypoint to guard this area.

For transport duty just make sure that the waypoint selectet on the left side of the GUI is set very close to your base to make sure that the waiting units will detect a waiting transport. Units will only board if they are NOT "on foot" and the waiting time is not expired.

Ah, and the transport duty team must have transport vehicles. Set the transport duty team to "buy nothing" and select the transport vehicles manually for this team.

If you can't run the game on low settings and a view distance of about 3k then you don't have a good enough pc for the game, simple as that.

lol totaly wrong...don't forget, this game runs not on every system(with recommended specs!!!) with high or normal settings. This forum is full of threads with problems with good Pc's.Maybe after a year you can say that.

Waypoints I think I've changed a little since clean rock wrote it.....for commander

0:"m" brings up map

1:Alt-LftClick map to make waypoints...this will be black in color, used for own group.

2:Alt-shift-Ltfclick to bring up Waypoint Dialog

3:Select wp0

4:Click bottom button "Set WP to CoWp"

this will change wp0 to a co0 (red) which you can use to command other groups.

if you want to increase the view distance dePBO the mission and open description.ext

line 55 (this changes the viewdistance)

valuesParam2[] = {
 10+1800+0.1,

change to

valuesParam2[] = {
 10+3000+0.1,

and line 93 (this displays the info in the lobby)

textsParam2[] = {
" None     | 1.8km  | Easy",

change to

textsParam2[] = {
" None     | 3km  | Easy",

as for server crashes thats fixed in ver .04 which can be downloaded by clicking on the link in the first post or click my sig.

as for save game or other updates you'll have to wait until I learn more about Arma2 commands unless I see some major performance issue.

lol totaly wrong...don't forget, this game runs not on every system(with recommended specs!!!) with high or normal settings. This forum is full of threads with problems with good Pc's.Maybe after a year you can say that.

Valid point.

But you see my point when you consider the way ArmA went with restricted missions, its not a big problem, as described above you can just unPBO it and change it. Or we could just leave it so that people set their own graphical preferences according to their performance. I'm sure the driver problems and optimization will be resolved over the next few weeks/months.

I just don't want to see the situation where the ArmA community is again shackled by the low (your above point accounted) end PC users, with view distance comparable to BF2:eek: and no grass layers for another generation of ArmA. I'm not complaining about this mission specifically, just in general, it just happens to be the thread where this discussion developed unfortunately!

Anyway, thanks for the update to the mission, and for the pointers with the AI commanding. I'll google to find a manual.

That is what I did to change the view distance for our server by the way, cheers for that.

Thanks for this mission - amazing fun, even as single player vs the AI

Couple of quick questions -

Choppers. When buying choppers for an AI team leader, they don't seem to last very long, any tips or ideas for how to address this? The AI piloting seems a bit dodgy - for example it has happened a couple of times where I bought a chopper for the AI and it just sits there in the base for 15 minutes, then flies towards the enemy and gets shot down straight away, or flies straight up over the base, then crashes into the aircraft hanger and killed me (was quite funny)

AI Units. Any tips on the best make-up for AI units? I've been using East and building 1 t90, 1 service bmp, 1 service ural and a btr 90 for each AI group, then a second t 90 to fill it up once all the groups are full. Any suggestions to be more effective?

Top down view construction - any way to have a top down view to place buildings and base defenses like in Arma crCTI or the regular Arma 2 missions construction builder?

AI group leaders. Any way to make the AI group leaders use a vehicle rather than running around on foot?

I haven't played Arma2 long enough to answer the 1st 2 question....

Top down veiw for build: maybe

AI leaders do jump in vehicles as cargo....as a driver, don't think so.

for anyone in a hurry to SAVE a game I left 4 "waituntil" commands in the init.sqs.

so replace waituntil and the {} around the code with @ and ()

eg:

waitUntil { !(isNull player) }

should be

@(!(isNull player))

This is fix for save game , it's true ? EDIT : I have problem after edit init.sqs , AI can't build anything help :(

Edited by Stalker15

None | 1.8km | Easy

What about this,? What is Easy? I can´t read what sayd? up of easy medium and hard! PLZ HELP!!!

None | 1.8km | Easy

What about this,? What is Easy? I can´t read what sayd? up of easy medium and hard! PLZ HELP!!!

None is a limit game time , 1,8 Km this is visibility , Easy is a bot's inteligence level

Edited by Stalker15

yer sorry I jumped the gun on the SAVE game fix, still lots to do.

No, he says that he even did not fixed it. Because other important things. But he suggested how to do it yourself.

Edited by S!fkaIaC

I haven't played Arma2 long enough to answer the 1st 2 question....

Top down veiw for build: maybe

AI leaders do jump in vehicles as cargo....as a driver, don't think so.

for anyone in a hurry to SAVE a game I left 4 "waituntil" commands in the init.sqs.

so replace waituntil and the {} around the code with @ and ()

eg:

waitUntil { !(isNull player) }

should be

@(!(isNull player))

Still Save Games don't work :/

Edited by Stalker15

Am enjoying playing this again. Though I'm finding if, as commander, you want to allocate someone a tank and they only have two free slots you can't allocate a tank with gunner/commander as the vehicle officially has three positions. Also after a save mission I could not give/buy any units. Great fun all the same.

Get them to goto the options tab and they can disband a unit to free up a slot :)

this is your save game problem Stalker15 (dam you know how to pick a name), go spam that thread. I'll change the code if need be, but it might be a BIS bug or a needed feature....not sure yet.

A revive function in this mission would be super... That way, if you play with some friends, you won't have to spend most your time traveling around the map.

Are there any plans to incorporate that?

Just tried this mission and have a question. It seemed to me most ppl quite immediately bought tanks and from that point every player drove from town to town in their tank without any noticable tactical approach to the conquering. Is this how it's supposed to be played or did I miss out on alot of depth here?

Do ppl run infantry squads too? (IMO the ArmA games are best at simulating infantry while tanks and choppers are closer to the arcade BF gameplay)

Well, tested both approach, and the most efficient is tank rushing, tbh. But that's a very quick, "let's make a first try" testing. I guess once you face coordinated foes, new things come into play.

It's also maybe the initial funds each side gets by default which is too high (50k$), making the jump to tank-based squad quite easy.

Also, with competent commanders and once you have flushed most resistance towns, things may get more complicated for simple tank rush, as you'll face better anti-vehicle defenses.

But the few I've seen often (if not always) ended with a tank-race between the 2 factions

Ok thx for the reply. Yes this is pretty much my experience with the mission too. A tank-race is probably a good summary. I would find it more interesting if the main emphasis was on infantry-based operations. Probably a price issue as you say. But I guess most ppl want it the way it is.

Try increasing the difficulty to 'med' or 'hard', you will find if you rush into a town in a tank there are T72s and RPGs ready and waiting to ruin your day ;)

Ofc, though an few points :

1) it still far easier to tank rush than infantry

2) difficulty is only going to change balance vs defending resistance AIs, which is not what I seek in CTI, I prefer the moment when I face the opposite side ;)