Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co50 Air Cav A2

I didn't want to release the mission here... but it's the most played A2 MP mission currently, so here it is...

co50 Air Cav A2

It's my first MP mission made for A2 based on the idea of Sgt.Ace's mission Air Cavalry for ArmA 1.

Pilots will have a hard time in this mission!

Beside the updated Air Cav there are two new missions in the mission pack now.

co50 The Longest Day

You start from the U.S.S. Bon Homme Richard south of Chernarus and the teams have to fullfill different tasks (no LHD addon needed)

HT64 Hunters

This is a hunting mission for 64 players. Two teams fight for points, the team that shoots the most animals in the hunting area is the winner team. Now and then a C130 appears and drops some parachute cows.

Changelog:

- Air Cav had a waypoint link to a static object, fixed

- disabled AI (finally)

- added co50 The Longest Day

- added HT64 Hunters

Download:

Mission Pack 2

Like I wrote above, it's currently the most played MP mission (by far) for ArmA 2 although I've made it from scratch in just a day or two:

http://arma2.swec.se/game/statistics

A video from an Air Cav event last friday evening with 50 players, made by Mr.Burns:

Enjoy!!!

And have Fun!

Xeno

Edited by Xeno
Mission updated

Hast du die Aircave gemacht die jedermann zockt ? Nicht schlecht ^^

Seit wann gibt es auf der Map eine C130 ?

mfg Cionara

Nice work Xeno, i also have an Aircav mission but mine is based off the "Air Cav II" Operation flashpoint mission on nogova :P but not released yet still in the making but ive brefily played yours good job for few days work!

WOW missed out 8( DLing now. Definate addition when I get my server going!

the map is great fun !!!

could you add some more ammo maybe for the m136?

also. is there something that can be done about the base killers mission wise or is it something we ll have to live with.

thanks also for the server yesterday (is it a dedicated one or are you running it from home. if from home, what sort of hardware?). there were phases when we got really good team work going.

could you add some more ammo maybe for the m136?

also. is there something that can be done about the base killers mission wise or is it something we ll have to live with.

I'll release an update in the next days that will fix some small bugs and add something against base killers.

thanks also for the server yesterday (is it a dedicated one or are you running it from home. if from home, what sort of hardware?).

It's a Core i7 920 with 6GB running Win 2008 Server, and no, not at home :). We have a nice provider that builds the server you want.

Xeno

Xeno,

Couple of questions:

1. Do you think friendly AI is needed? Have you considered my be taking it out.

2. Don't know if others reported that sometimes cleared cities stay red and enemy controlled city turns green.

Other than that I'm loving it!

Sorry for the newb question..... but how do you pilot the choppers?

I've made a dozen or so SP and MP games, chosen different squad members etc.. evey time I try to get in the pilot seat it will just kick me back out. Happens to the AI as well.

Cool map btw !

you need to get a pilot slot. only pilots can fly them.

some helos are locked on this map until a certain event is triggered (cobras become available as soon as the tungusgas in elektro are destroyed).

some times though even as a pilot i cant seem to get in. i think that is a bug. it might happen when you change slots. it seems you have to change, then die and respawn before you can enter the helos.

I may be mistaken but looking at the code it looks like Xeno locks out the Cobra until the Shilka's are taken out. Go into the Editor and you can see, if your playing with few players its easy to just edit the respawn file and remove the Check for Pilot.

Hoping Xeno will make a Domination Arma 2.

how can i open this in the editor to view how you did some of the functions of the mission..? when i try to open it in the editor it keeps saying its a read only file...

edit: found the pbo viewer and can see the scripts now...

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

cant figure out how to add your x_scripts folder to my pbo.. the pbo viewer just wont let me add it, how can i do this? im not adding all the scripts in that folder but just two of them for testing with the aircraft that utilize them (vehicle respawns)....

can you tell me how to insert this folder to the pbo file like in yours?

Edited by wingtip

Air Cav updated to make it work with 1.02 and two new missions added.

Xeno

hi peeps sry for this but i want to install this on my server but im new to arma and dont have a clue where to pit the files could someone tell me how or point me to a thread that can .

thanks wayne

arma2\mpmissions

ah ok ty i thort they might go in there but as i didnt see anything else in there just wanted to make sure ty

when i try to load the aircav mission up on the server i get this msg

YOU CAN NOT PLAY/EDIT THIS MISSION IT IS DEPENDENT ON DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT THAT HAS BEEN DELETED. CAWEAPONS2_RPG18

i dl from your link and my server is running the latest 1.02 patch can ya help me with this please.

Hi Xeno,

Our clan is loving the Longest Day!!!

Is there any chance that there will be a version where reviving fellow soldier & dragging/carrying injured players will be added?

Thanks for the great missions again :)

SK

Is there any chance that there will be a version where reviving fellow soldier & dragging/carrying injured players will be added?

As long as the modules do not work correctly in MP or cause problems in MP, no.

Btw, please update to the latest Longest Day 1.03 version provided in the latest Domination mission pack if you play with patch 1.02.

It fixes a problem with a changed Chernarus object ID introduced in 1.02.

Xeno

Hi Xeno,

Thanks for the great missions again :)

SK

SK, you there ^^

Played it with the lads, enjoyed it A LOT.

Thumbs up :)

Hi, The hunt is a nice mission, but i think it need field hospitals,

you know, bike accidents ...