Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

ArmaHolic ArmA 2 Optimization

I'd tried changed priority in windows task manager on ArmA2.exe, but "Unable to change priority , access was denied" ? How it should be done ?

Edited by Special_Air_Service

Here's something really random, tonight I tried the memory setting on normal for the first time ever and it's the best the game has ever run for me!?

Here's something really random, tonight I tried the memory setting on normal for the first time ever and it's the best the game has ever run for me!?

Normal, instead of what?

Read only recently,that putting it to 'Default' will use more of your GPU memory.

Normal, instead of what?

Read only recently,that putting it to 'Default' will use more of your GPU memory.

Only recently? This has been known for almost 2 years now.

You'll find this and dozens of other tried and tested tweaks here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

There is indeed an "I" in cider...

Lay off the scrumpy ;)

Not very good optimizaion...

Have only 40% loading CPU and 50% loading Gpu. FPS 40.

Hi all,

I'd tried changed priority in windows task manager on ArmA2.exe, but "Unable to change priority , access was denied" ? How it should be done ?

Click in "seeing tasks of all profiles/users" i dont remember well, the option box is below in the task manager window.

It worked for me, but i have to do it every time i want to change priority.

Im not sure why is unable to change priority, maybe something wrong in the windows user account.

Sorry for my english :)

Hi all,

Click in "seeing tasks of all profiles/users" i dont remember well, the option box is below in the task manager window.

It worked for me, but i have to do it every time i want to change priority.

Im not sure why is unable to change priority, maybe something wrong in the windows user account.

Sorry for my english :)

Thank you :), finally able to change that , but Iam not feeling any decent improvement on performance, feels same similar to before applying change priority :(

oh one more thing, I have latest version 1.11 for ArmA II, wonder if I can still using -cpucount=2 in .exe target windows ?

I have Core2Duo E7200 @ 2.53 ghz.

why it isn't ? maybe because only Quad core that can use -cpucount ?

Quad or dual-core that parameter should work with both.

I don't think that it will make much difference because that workaround is no longer needed by most users, i.e. engine correctly identifies system's number of cores

On the other hand there are other tweaks out there that seem to be much more successful

Hey thanks so much, pulled atleast 20 more fps, up to average FPS 65

Quad or dual-core that parameter should work with both.

I don't think that it will make much difference because that workaround is no longer needed by most users, i.e. engine correctly identifies system's number of cores

On the other hand there are other tweaks out there that seem to be much more successful

I see, it's because the latest patch had far optimizing the cores right ? I thought it but not sure, so I asked it here , but thank you anyway :)

Thank you very much for this. I can play the game at enjoyable settings with a nice framerate 25-30. My computer doesn't have recommended specs either. My card is also not running at full capacity since my power supply is about half the recommended voltage, therefore for my card to run safely, the cards performance is not at its best. The parameter change with nosplash and win xp helped me the most

you can use "start" command options to do that.

generally its [reasonably]not recomended to messing/fiddling with priority/affinity of already/launched/working processes/services/applications.

flush-out anything related with energy-saving in firmware/BIOS and operating system, grab Autoruns from Sysinternals suite and disable anything you see reasonably redundant, including [most of. except one]Task Sheduler jobs. or do EXTREME stripping-down of Windows distro by vLite/RT7Lite.

basically best use of extra-threads is attempt to combine launch of dedicated server on one of them and client - on different cores ;-)

CPU saturation start skyrocketing AGAIN ;)

Edited by BasileyOne

Hi im sifting through these forums slowly and getting some slightly better performance.

Just need help understanding why these settings have so many numbers? what is it measured in?

localVRAM=1055588352;

nonlocalVRAM=1048576; <i changed this to what i thought would be my 1024mb graphics card memory but then realised there were so many numbers for the localVRAM/ (pagefile?). Im guesssing its not in kb's?

any help would be much appreciated

Hi im sifting through these forums slowly and getting some slightly better performance.

Just need help understanding why these settings have so many numbers? what is it measured in?

localVRAM=1055588352;

nonlocalVRAM=1048576; <i changed this to what i thought would be my 1024mb graphics card memory but then realised there were so many numbers for the localVRAM/ (pagefile?). Im guesssing its not in kb's?

This top post towards the bottom. Might help you understand more..:)

localVRAM=1055588352;

These numbers are in bytes and changing them makes no difference.

Changing localVRAM / nonlocalVRAM have the same effect as adding line bestPerformance=1, or leetSuperDuperHaxor=1337.

The VRAM values are only written by the game, never read.

Hi, i didnt want to start whole new topic becouse i have quite short and simple question.

My performance sucks quite bad, bad only when really close to smoke bombs. Otherwise its ok.

So i was wondering since there are some mods IMPROVING quality of particle effects as in making them visually BETTER...

Is there a mod that makes particle effects (or just smoke) worse, as in lowering them, to improve its performance, decreasing its load on gpu? ;)

I was searching for it but didnt find it. Also if there isnt such mod, how come?

Thx for your attention soldiers! :cool: