Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

ArmaHolic ArmA 2 Optimization

you also have texture filtering LOD bias on allow instead of clamp :D
Probably just a bad mouse click, fixed in the screenshot now. ;)

72;1309488']Didnt see this in the first post and i confess im very tired atm' date=' but my mate told me about some commands for the commandline i should know when i get ARMA2. This he says boosted ARMA2 good for him. He has quad and 3gb ram so this is his setting:

[b']-cpuCount=4 -maxmem=2048 -noCB[/b]

Alex

Here you go: Old and new shortcut switches that make it run better

-noCB, turns off multicore drawing, slow down rendering but may resolve visual glitches

Watch out so that it doesn't slow you down too much.

-cpuCount=4 makes no difference, since if you have quad core CPU Arma by default will use all four. And we covered -maxmem=2047 already.

Edited by Skeptic

language="German";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=-4194304;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1737;

Render_H=1284;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1867879553;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

winX=9;

winY=32;

winW=932;

winH=689;

winDefW=1158;

winDefH=856;

Mine looks like this and im curious to know what the last 6 parameters are

language="German";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=-4194304;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1737;

Render_H=1284;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1867879553;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

winX=9;

winY=32;

winW=932;

winH=689;

winDefW=1158;

winDefH=856;

Playing in windowed mode ? or have dual screens ?

I've a question for you guys, does this game make use of dx10?

Negative. DX9.

language="German";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=-4194304;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1737;

Render_H=1284;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1867879553;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

winX=9;

winY=32;

winW=932;

winH=689;

winDefW=1158;

winDefH=856;

First are the location of ur window on screen etc where you drag it. Next are the actually size you scaled it to with your mouse. Last are the render size for the window mode, just like render resolution for when your in full screen.

:D

Notice your 3d performance is in negative - numbers thats what happens when I updated to cat 9.6 official and let it rebuild config. Delete that entry or config and let it rebuild once again. Or alter it to 100000

I have just noticed something in the cofig file for the game, shadingQuality=7;

shadowQuality=3;

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=0; if you changed this to 1 would not it make the sound be off loaded to the sound card and increase game speed?HW=hard ware(sound card)...

I have just noticed something in the cofig file for the game, shadingQuality=7;

shadowQuality=3;

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=0; if you changed this to 1 would not it make the sound be off loaded to the sound card and increase game speed?HW=hard ware(sound card)...

one of the first things i changed to 1 heh

For anyone with graphic problems on NViDiA graphic cards, try these settings in NViDiA Control Panel - use Global Settings option, it does helped me a lot and now I dont have problems with white "dots" on trees and bushes. It may help you with other graphic problems too, but be sure to remove ArmA2 from Program Settings first, if you have it there.

:):):)

I tried but it doesnt override default values.... rough margins are still visible....are you sure it worked?

PS even tried with FASS=1 in config, it wont work... (screenshot or we dont belive :) )

Edited by afp

how do you guys know how many FPS you're getting. Is there a command??

I tried but it doesnt override default values.... rough margins are still visible....are you sure it worked?

PS even tried with FASS=1 in config, it wont work... (screenshot or we dont belive :) )

What ? Do you think that I lie ? I am not going to give you any screenshot, if you dont believe me, thats really your problem. It does help me to fix my graphic errors, as I said it CAN or CANT fix your graphic problems, it was really just an advice from me.

how do you guys know how many FPS you're getting. Is there a command??

use fraps for example

What ? Do you think that I lie ? I am not going to give you any screenshot, if you dont believe me, thats really your problem. It does help me to fix my graphic errors, as I said it CAN or CANT fix your graphic problems, it was really just an advice from me.

Pal, I wont argue about this, I very much doubt that among thousands of user complaining about antialiasing (that is missing) you're the only one who has it. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74012

Edited by afp

Pal, I wont argue about this, I very much doubt that among thousands of user complaining about antialiasing (that is missing) you're the only one who has it. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74012
LOL. And WHERE and WHEN did I said that I have antialiasing ? I said that I had graphic problems(white dots on trees etc.) and that changing those settings in NViDiA CP helped me to fix those graphic errors. I didnt say anything about antialiasing, as I dont have it too. ;)

Read properly next time, thanks. :)

And next time you edit your post up there(first post on this page), be sure to leave your original post there.

Edited by Pauliesss

Hey,

I've have lowered everything in game to the lowest settings and used the keyleg??? Erm... sorry I don't remember his name. But I used the mod by someone to stop the blur and bloom and my game is so nearly playable ( I don't mind the ugliness :D ) But what else can I do? I know you can change things in the config but how do you find that I did a search on it but couldn't find out how as I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but I didn't want to start a new thread to ask :o

Kegetys is the name thanks Bushlurker

Edited by Tumble

LOL. And WHERE and WHEN did I said that I have antialiasing ? I said that I had graphic problems(white dots on trees etc.) and that changing those settings in NViDiA CP helped me to fix those graphic errors. I didnt say anything about antialiasing, as I dont have it too. ;)

Read properly next time, thanks. :)

And next time you edit your post up there(first post on this page), be sure to leave your original post there.

Dude, its because you probably removed arma executable from custom settings per game and it took general setting. Antialiasing setting cant change anything if its not present.

And next time when you try to be smart, dont post such things.

Dude, its because you probably removed arma executable from custom settings per game and it took general setting. Antialiasing setting cant change anything if its not present.

And next time when you try to be smart, dont post such things.

Okay, now you know that you were wrong, so dont make excuses here....you can even ask ohara(BIS developer) that this was the core of my problem which you can find on bug tracker also:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2061

:)

Hi Tumble!

Welcome aboard!

OK - Quick answer....

It depends on which version of windows you're using, but in your "Documents" or "My Documents" folder... ( c:\Users\YourUserName\My Documents... for example), you'll find a folder called Arma2...

This is a handy folder for several reasons... missions you're working on are stored here, you can use a custom face by placing a graphic here... ), but for the purposes of this thread you'll also find the two files being discussed....

ArmA2.cfg and YourGameName.ArmA2profile...

both can be opened, edited and saved using notepad...

make a backup and read the thread from the beginning...

Have Fun!!!

B

PS - it's "Kegetys".... he's an Old and Mighty Wizard who lives in a tower deep in a forest in the wilds of Finland... occasionally he appears and bestows little deceptively simple gifts..... :D

Edited by Bushlurker

If you are playing on HD and dont know how to set it to get smooth frame rate try something like this:

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

Render_W=1680;

Render_H=1050;

anisoFilter=1;

TexQuality=0;

TexMemory=0;

sceneComplexity=300000; (its better to lower textures and put objects on higher number)

viewDistance=3000; +/- (try it on 10000 but you may get lags on chernarus)

terrainGrid=40;

shadingQuality=4; (this effects performance quite heavily too)

shadowQuality=1;

Good luck guys!

For ATI owner you should try to disable AI in the Control center, this seem to give better performances when disable (but this feature is intended to increse performances)

I wonder if we need the -maxmem=2047 parameter in the coming version 1.02 ?

Or did they fix the low RAM / VRAM use ?

ive just installed arma 2 ,and my mouse movements are crap is it supposed to be like that ive been playing cod 4&5 dessert combat for years and had no trouble with my set up ive tryed all sorts of calibration,the game looks good apart from that,i have a g5 logitech mouse duo core, 8800 gts card ,4 gig ram so im powerd up ok?

If you are playing on HD and dont know how to set it to get smooth frame rate try something like this:

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

Render_W=1680;

Render_H=1050;

anisoFilter=1;

TexQuality=0;

TexMemory=0;

sceneComplexity=300000; (its better to lower textures and put objects on higher number)

viewDistance=3000; +/- (try it on 10000 but you may get lags on chernarus)

terrainGrid=40;

shadingQuality=4; (this effects performance quite heavily too)

shadowQuality=1;

Good luck guys!

So where do I paste all of this in?

My documents has your arma2 folder etc with the Arma2.cfg which is where the info is actually inside. Open the cfg file with notepad and you will see all you need to see.