Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

The Most Obscure Easter egg(s)

Ok, so I was messing around in the Editor exploring Chernarus and I found this really tall smoke stack with a ladder on it, so I climbed up to the top. Out of curiosity I wondered what BIS had designed the inside to look like so I looked in the top of the tower and to my surprise I found this very disturbing Santa (Satan?) with a bird beak. I have no idea what the point is or what it is from lol but it is a pretty funny easter egg!

[iG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/macmeister92/arma22009-07-1423-51-38-28.jpg[/img]>100kb

If you go back a few pages, i'd already posted this . ^^

Okay, I should really get a prize to this as I'm pretty sure NO ONE bothered to think about this. I've always wondered why O'Hara (Razor Team's corpsman) was called "Scarlet". Then I thought, chould it have something to do with a G.I. JOE character with the same name? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlett_(G.I._Joe)

Notice her last name??

So, do I get a prize for being the only G.I. JOE fanboy playing ARMA 2? :D

Nice find.

Okay, I should really get a prize to this as I'm pretty sure NO ONE bothered to think about this. I've always wondered why O'Hara (Razor Team's corpsman) was called "Scarlet". Then I thought, chould it have something to do with a G.I. JOE character with the same name? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlett_(G.I._Joe)

Notice her last name??

So, do I get a prize for being the only G.I. JOE fanboy playing ARMA 2? :D

Euhm in 1936 someone wrote a novel called "Gone with the wind" which was made into a very very very wellknown movie.

That features a character called "Scarlet O'Hara" so i think both GI Joe and Arma2 got it from there... :D

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Anyone noticed a place called "Craftwerk" on the map?

I bet someone in the team likes their music.

I have an easter egg for ya, whenever i try to make a junkyard full of carsin a mission, whenever i stack a vehicle on top of another one, or a wreck on top of asnother one, they just intersect :P LOL

@ BF2, no you don't i'm a half-fanboy of GI-JOE :D:D:D

Theres something in the trees. Once in coop we got a "unknown man close 50 m" and we both saw something jump down and run away.

Euhm in 1936 someone wrote a novel called "Gone with the wind" which was made into a very very very wellknown movie.

That features a character called "Scarlet O'Hara" so i think both GI Joe and Arma2 got it from there... :D

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Anyone noticed a place called "Craftwerk" on the map?

Yeah, I thought I heard that name from some movie as well. Well, now we know, And Knowing Is Half The Battle! :D

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Theres something in the trees. Once in coop we got a "unknown man close 50 m" and we both saw something jump down and run away.

A monkey?? An insurgent that spawned on top of the tree?!

In Red Harvest there is a factory next to the junk yard you go to (north). If you go up the ladder there's a cop car up on top the factory. Dunno if it's an easteregg or a bug but I was like WTF.

[/color]Anyone noticed a place called "Craftwerk" on the map?

I'd like to believe that but it could also be that Kraftwerk is the German word for power station and it could also be the same in czech or russian.

Lol i didn't know that dammit myth debunked :)

There is indeed a rather large powerstation there.

That said the names of towns/places on the map are bound to contain several odd, funny, ofp/arma-historical references. We need someone that's Chech to check them out!.

This might be a coincidence more than intentional but has anyone else noticed that in OFPDR you're on Sabre Team which made me think of the Bitter Chill mission. :)

Probably not an easter egg, but strange nonetheless. The Chernarus sedan seems to have been imported from Egypt as it has Cairo license plates: :D

game:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1498/gamef.jpg

real life:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5651/realv.jpg

More like "imported" from VBS2 IMO since it's mostly used to simulate the Mid-East these days.

I'd like to believe that but it could also be that Kraftwerk is the German word for power station and it could also be the same in czech or russian.

No, Kraftwerk means nothing in Czech. Power station = elektrárna;o) You can keep dreaming that BIS like the band:o))

Santa Claus picture in a chimney in Electrozavodsk

147 KB

The location is here

3ade0df62a.jpg:yay:

There is a tall chimney accessed by a tall ladder from the ground level. It is not possible to see without exploiting texture clipping.

Stand at top level first then lean forward or left/right to see Santa Claus's picture.:cool:

Edited by W0lle

Congrats but this is extremely old news.

This is in easter eggs threads already on this forum. And this santa was in Armed Assault as well (ArmA1).

Very old.

And your images are too big in file size mate. They will get ripped out and prolly a thread lock.

Cool find, but its old. Check the other threads a bit more next time and youll find there is a lot of info here. ;)

Alex

I found this one.

I was screwing around with the M9, and i found this.

Equip the M9, go to first person, press G, and close the gear menu. Now use freelook to look at the gun.

Note the STFU on the barrel.