Sign in to follow this  
reb

Delaying the bear, AI unresponsive

Great, guess campagins on hold until they fix it.....*sigh* Ah well scenario / multiplayer will keep me occupied for this awesome game. :cool:

Same problem for me in those two missions... Really annoying, I can't undestand how BI couldn't see it before selling the game...

Edit: I shot my three guys and healed them, but it didn't work at all: they are still blocked.

Edited by Gemini

1.02 same here as it was annoying, tried shooting and healing, not working. Next stop will be taking the game back for a refund.

Edited by stealthbanana

extracting the .pbo and playing from the editor, the mission works

I can confirm this works. I wonder if alot of the bugs in the campaign or not the mission design but a bug in the campaign program.

To work round this just shoot your team untill they are injured then heal them. After this they behave normally.

this does NOT work.

Ok, after installing patch 1.02 I decided to see if restarting the campaign would help. Delete the savegames in your arma2 folder under my documents (or back up first, if you want). They may also be under "arma2 other profiles". Then start the campaign again, use the 'endmission' cheat (press left shift + numpad minus once, type endmission ) to skip to the delaying the bear mission. I actually accidentally skipped past this mission as well, but it wasn't very interesting anyway and I'd managed to complete it once already even with the bugged AI, so whatever. So I can't confirm that this fixes "delaying the bear", but it did fix the next mission for me, meaning the campaign is playable again.

i just tried that.

i guess you didn't skip the mission 'accidentally' because endmission seems to take the other "path" in the bitter chill mission, so you actually never play delaying the bear using endmission.

gonna try and play bitter chill now and take the "delaying the bear"-route, i'll report back :D

Will we have to restart the campaign again and again after every patch ? Tell us now, it should be usefull to not waste our time...

don't think so

you might not be able to use your mid-mission-savegame tho

anyway, in my test i clicked on "replay" and not "rewind" so delaying the bear didn't get unlocked....can't be bothered to test it again with rewind just now :(

Actually, it seams as though the mission plays fine i the mission editor, which means that the bug is not in the actual mission itself but the way the "campaign program" reads it. So having said that, if we could figure out how the campaign branches and what missions you get for choosing what choices, the campaign may be able to be played bug free.

A little campaign fix would be appreciate to help us waiting while BI is working on the next patch, what do you think ? :)

Big problem with Delaying the bear - the AI is unresponsive right at the beginning of the mission. I can't get them to follow me, mount a vehicle, move anywhere...

edit: This with 1.01 final patch.

Hello guys, i've got the same bug. My teammates doesn't move at all during this mission. :confused:

I'm really angry, how can it be possible to miss a bug like that? Dev can't tell us they've tested their game seriously. It's like they don't have any respect for people who buy their game. I know bugs can happen but this one, c'mon...it looks like a joke. =/

I don't pay to be a part of beta testing. I hope someone from bohemia is reading us, it has to be fixed quick. (I know people who call a lawyer and go to Justice for smallest things.)

This is a SHAME. :mad: First the Manhattan campaign with plenty of bugs and now that? WTF, what is next? I won't be able to reload or Cooper is going to be a poor rabbit?

To end it, i'll apreciate that an admin or someone in contact with the game makers leave us a message about this bug. We need info (and hope?).

Thanks. :j: And i'm sorry about my poor english, it's not my native language.

this is insane......... i have same problem

i am 1000% sure its fucking securom/fade crap, do the stupid publisher do anything elese then work on a stupid protection that fuckup the whole game?????????????

rot in hell publisher!

If i want to Do this mission in editor, how to do? I have searched everywhere but cant find how to do that damn thing.

If i want to Do this mission in editor, how to do? I have searched everywhere but cant find how to do that damn thing.

OK, download the pbo extractor(google it). Go into the arma instalation folder and find the addons folder. Open the missions pbo with the extractor. Scroll down till you see the campaign missions. Highlight all the files of a particular mission, extract to somewhere. Take the folder in the folder you just extracted that actually has the mission name on it, and put it in the "my documents" arma 2 "missions" folder. Now you can open it up in the editor.

Hi guys!

I have the same problem with this mission. I hope the BI guys will solve this problem quickly...

Here is a link for ArmA Tools: ArmA Tools (bottom of the page)

When I come to the end of this mission ArmA2 1.02 crashes back to the desktop with the following error message:

File

ca\missions\campaign\missions\I3_DelayingTheBear.chernarus\kb\end

_msta_rally_point_BIS_Cooper.fsm, line 98: /FSM/States/:'?'

encountered instead of '{'

Will try the 'endmission' cheat, to continue this campaign.

Running:

E8500 @ 3.5GHz

3Gb on 800

2x 3870 (crossfire)

Win7 x86

Edited by joempie

Got this as well... I had to finish the Manhattan mission as well with the endmission cheat because it was to buggy to finish.

I just run into this bug too. Is this problem also present (on any later mission) if you go for the CDF route in the previous mission?

I just run into this bug too. Is this problem also present (on any later mission) if you go for the CDF route in the previous mission?

I ran into this problem on the cdf route as well

there is an easier workaround:

mount the truck on your own and leave your guys behind (you dont need them)

dismount at the ambush and break right into the fields. walk alone to the backup convoy. mission ends.

next mission:

as this is a a warfare type scenario just coordinate the attack on the first town with the NAPA fighters and ignore your guys.

once the town is taken and the cut scenes have played your guys will be responsive again.

however:

in that mission i did come across another issue:

i cannot figure out how to assign created units to other groups or how to create a new squad. thus it is nearly impossible to take the next town without me or one of my squaddies biting the bullet... any ideas there?

Until mission "Delaying the Bear"...

I really enjoyed the campaign, very deep and tactical.

I really appreciated the "rpg" elements and the new AI very rapid and with a good pathfinding. :)

From mission "Delaying the Bear"...

I hope that the "AI unresponsive" bug will be fixed very soon. Team Razor does NOT move (NAPA mission "Delaying the Bear" and "Badlands").

No way. I had to complete the mission alone....very strange... That means to me:the main campaign is unplayable at the moment. :(

Think of Codemasters: you have to demostrate that you are better than Codemasters.

If you don't fix this bug very soon, some people or press reviewer may find the bug and believe that you are not competitive, comparing to other games....

(By the way, I strongly believe that you are better than Codemasters. In fact I have already bought original Arma 2 :) )

I like Bohemia, and I very appreciate the Arma 2 mission design.

By the way the "AI unresponsive bug" in Delaying the Bear and Badlands it seems to me very strange.

I unpbo the campaign file in the mission editor and the mission Delaying the Bear works perfectly...

I hope it is not a serious problem, laid in patch 1.01 or 1.02.

Ok, i wait for the fix ! Good work ! ;) :)

And compliments for ArmA 2: it is a very solid and deep game !

Edited by eirulan

After trying to play the NAPA missions (without success) I replayed the mission and went to the CDF again. This time the Team Racor also refused to move in the CDF missions (it worked before I installed the NAPA mission and installed the Patch 1.02).

Edited by itim_tuko

It is embarassing that none in Bohemia Interactive answers to this thread.

I found only once Jezuro posted "it is a serious problem"....wow that's not very fun.....

I hope they are working hard on fixing this serious problem. I repeat: it is very strange and unusual that the mission "Delaying the Bear" works in the Editor and does NOT work in the Campaign mode.....:confused: :confused:

I'll wait...