Sign in to follow this  
alex.xp

VME PLA MOD for ARMA II

I have a two part question' date=' the first being, is there a BLUEFOR version of the PLA? If there isn't would you care if I made a BLUEFOR version?[/quote']

That sounds interesting. I think some folks were hoping for an Independent version of the units.

You may want contact them and ask about that.......

http://www.chinavme.com/forum.php

Alex is over there under the same name as he is here.

Is the version on armaholic the latest one??I mean the one dated 2012-08-22.

I'm still trying to see if there is a new one on their main site,but using google translate it's like asking the pope to send rockets to the moon.

Hi Alex

yeah that's nice but what about the version of ArmA 2. Folks your mod is really great but it has still some flaws. Last time I tried to use tanks the game just froze right away. Do you guys still intend to iron out the bugs or did you stop working on the ArmA 2 version. It would be really a pity if so.

Yes, tanks froze the game, it's hard to destroy some of them from AT launchers. In few versions of "hmmve" you cant destroy wheels and you can't kill driver etc through front window (but now im not 100% sure about that).

I think I know a possible solution for the vme_pla_heads error at startup that some people are getting. I downloaded the mod using PlaywithSix and I got the error at startup. I searched around for an answer to the problem and couldn't find one so I deleted the mod and downloaded it from ArmaHolic (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14099) and installed it manually. After that I didn't get the error anymore. I think that the PlaywithSix download is either corrupt or it corrupts the installation on some machines. Just a thought.

I think I know a possible solution for the vme_pla_heads error at startup that some people are getting.

What kind of problem was that? I'm not sure I've come across that error/bug just yet. What do the head do?

I think I know a possible solution for the vme_pla_heads error at startup that some people are getting. I downloaded the mod using PlaywithSix and I got the error at startup. I searched around for an answer to the problem and couldn't find one so I deleted the mod and downloaded it from ArmaHolic (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14099) and installed it manually. After that I didn't get the error anymore. I think that the PlaywithSix download is either corrupt or it corrupts the installation on some machines. Just a thought.

I installed with PwS as well and found that vme_pla_ammoboxes.pbo was in the main folder, not in addons, so maybe that's the problem.

EDIT: Sickboy has told me "in the VME_PLA_2012-08-22 package, the vme_pla_ammoboxes.pbo is inside the KEY folder, and unsigned" so I'm not sure if there's an error in that package or if we're just not meant to use that file anymore.

Edited by doveman

any campaign available? (or missions sp)

So is there any chance that the tank game crash error will be fixed?

I figured this addon crashed my game after all. Shame.