Sign in to follow this  
alex.xp

VME PLA MOD for ARMA II

Same problem persists. Apparently you need to be a member in order to download. Joining chinese websites is a bit hard when there's the chinese captcha going on.

It's not that difficult. Use your google translate. You're only joining an UPLOAD server like the ones here that BIS community members use to upload their missions for downloading.

There is no special software to download nor browser searches or anything like that.

Trying to download as I type. It's in 6 pieces.

Left Alex a PM at his site. Waiting for a reply.

Those new units have not only Chinese faces, but seems also Chinese voices.

Saw pics of SD weapons which are good for Stealth missions.

Just about gave me a boner! No no, not the pics at their site. My WIFE! Geez, what are you guys thinking??:)

Edited by Kommiekat

Hi! All!

I update the download link for new version, can anyone help us upload this mod to foreign spaces?

This version add some new stuff, like J-10B fighter, J-20 fighter and Chinese voice.

More details: Hongjian's post

Hope you like it.

I think this topic should move to "ARMA 2 & OA - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE" now.

Edited by Alex.XP

I have them all packed into a nice RAR file here:

Downloading now, thank you very much! :yay:

Edited by Laqueesha

- Infantry units are well done. Including the weapons.

- Nice touch with the chinese voices.

- Vehicles are quite decent as well.

- However, aircrafts need to get seriously improved:

--> Maneuvrability of all Jet Fighters (I'm afraid your settings are far from the real standards).

--> Maybe disable these static Nogova texture maps from the MFDs and put just a black screen instead.

--> Maybe make the Afterburner appear on user command only.

--> Pay more attention to the textures.

That's all so far, good mod all in all.

How is Tony Ranger btw? How is he doing? Is he still in VME?

Regards,

TB

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but the it seems that the Type 96 can adsorb more damage than the Type 99.

It seems that ZTZ-96 inherits class from M1 Abrams and ZTZ-99 inherits class from T-72.

Same problems occurs when mod is played with ACE2, ZTZ-99 have inferior stabilization and weak protection, while ZTZ-96 is much better.

In a previous version of VME I was able to revert this by changing classes of both vehicles, but now it seems to be immposible.

Thanks for upload.

---------- Post added at 06:41 ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 ----------

- Infantry units are well done. Including the weapons.

- Nice touch with the chinese voices.

- Vehicles are quite decent as well.

- However, aircrafts need to get seriously improved:

--> Maneuvrability of all Jet Fighters (I'm afraid your settings are far from the real standards).

--> Maybe disable these static Nogova texture maps from the MFDs and put just a black screen instead.

--> Maybe make the Afterburner appear on user command only.

--> Pay more attention to the textures.

That's all so far, good mod all in all.

Regards,

TB

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm afraid, TonyRanger has been away for ARMA a long time.

Thanks for all VME team for their talented work! Amazing stuff with new voices and great weapon pack!

As a former PLA member in the team, somebody from VME really has made something terrific!

The AA Variant of the JH-7A crashes the game everytime I try to use it in Editor and I get the message: "Cannot Open object vme_jh7a/jh7c.p3d" and when I click the "Continue" button thats when the game crashes to desk top and task manager says the game has stop working and needs to be shut down.

However the other variants don't crash the game.

The only problem I have is that the creator(s) of the trailer "took" a part of my intro in a mission and implemented it in their video. Download my mission and check it out. Just pointing it out (DaKa is my username at OFPEC, and this is NOT AN ADVERTISMENT). It hurts a bit you know...

Here's a link:

http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?action=details&id=211

Edited by Landmine
Plagiarism?

-

---Well, he had left two years ago and been working for a game company in Beijing, developing some FPS web games.

---by the way, I still can't figure out why BIS never touch PLA stuff(the world biggest army), EA touched, CM touched, Activision is gonna touch too( in COD9)

---And I can't figure out too why BIS never add a chinese language pack, we have at least 200 million of gamers who love playing FPS, a huge market. It's very easy to dig out one millions of them to play ArmA sereis if a chinese language pack could be added and some propaganda is excuted...

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Many weapon and configuration issues are all founded and commented at VME forum, and so far there's no one attempt to fix them.

As for a serious gamer looking for such mod, I do have urge to fix that, but I have no idea how to configurate them. I also would like to help VME to built the ACE2 config for these weapons in case to make it capable for more realistic gaming. Dunno if someone like Robalo could teach me how to modify these configs so I can tweaks it perfectly.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Gnat;2212758']200 million gamers? .... maybe because of 154 million pirate copies?

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/china/report-chinas-software-piracy-rate-falls-to-new-low-of-77/414

"They rob it because they don't sell it here" - Distro (engadget) Magazine

It's very easy to dig out one millions of them to play ArmA sereis if a chinese language pack could be added and some propaganda is excuted...

Good point, but to save blushes all round I think you mean 'marketing'(!) :o

Good point, but to save blushes all round I think you mean 'marketing'(!) :o

If advertised by government would be propaganda, if by commercial company would be marketing. I believe half of the gamers which is like PLA-based FPS gaming is being addicted by military news instead of the game itself.

Are the VME PLA Scud or some features of it "borrowed" from by Gigan's Scud? Btw no readme/credits....

Lol,

Awesome mod, nice to see so many different superpowers in the mix... Xie xie :D

Awesome addon. My favorite OPFOR faction because they stand up to BLUFOR quite nicely hehe, I hope that the developers might consider adding ships/subs, but ARMA 3 might be released by then.