Sign in to follow this  
alex.xp

VME PLA MOD for ARMA II

Have the head error too, plus a t72 error off the new tank, and its freezing. Turned off all my mods still samething. idk thanks for the hard work on PLA army, but still doesnt seem stable on my end. Im sure its my end though just not sure what yet. But the troops and tanks look good.

Edited by Mikey74

NEW version has updated!

Thanks, for the information.

On the Chinese forums?

EDIT:

Sorry, cant see anything. Can you explain more?

Whenever I play an ACE battle with Type 99's and/or 96's my game crashes after the shooting starts. I tried running it without any other mods and it still crashed after the shooting started. I kept seeing

File vme_ztz99\ztz99\ct2_destruct.rvmat, line 47: '/Stage4.texture': Missing ';' at the end of line

File vme_ztz99\ztz99\ludai1_destruct.rvmat, line 47: '/Stage4.texture': Missing ';' at the end of line

File vme_ztz99\ztz99\fdj_destruct.rvmat, line 47: '/Stage4.texture': Missing ';' at the end of line

File vme_pla_ztz96a\data\ztz96_destruct.rvmat, line 47: '/Stage4.texture': Missing ';' at the end of line

File vme_ztz99\ztz99\lun_destruct.rvmat, line 47: '/Stage4.texture': Missing ';' at the end of line

File vme_ztz99\ztz99\pao_destruct.rvmat, line 47: '/Stage4.texture': Missing ';' at the end of line

In the report file, so I went into each file and entered in the missing ";"'s. After re-PBO-ing them with cPBO the errors were worse, I kept getting the in-game error

Warning Message: Cannot open object vme_ztz99\pir_smurfct72era1.p3d

I saw earlier in this thread that the mod makers had uploaded some fixed Type 99's, but the links are all broken. Is there any way to fix this freezing/crashing issue? Is anybody else having this issue?

I know I'm probably talking to myself here now, but I think the download from Armaholic is corrupted. I can't seem prevent crashes and

Warning Message: Picture \vme_ztz99\data\t72_1b_co.paa not found

Warning Message: Picture \vme_ztz99\data\t72_2b_co.paa not found

Warning Message: Picture \vme_ztz99\data\t72_3b_co.paa not found

type errors from showing up in the .rpt

I know I'm probably talking to myself here now, but I think the download from Armaholic is corrupted.

Please download it from the source and let me know if that fixed the issues, if so our version is corrupted and I can replace it. If not well than at least its not our fault :)

Do you mean from the Chinese site? I can't it wont let me. It has that whole thing where you have to contribute to do stuff like that, but sadly I am still only in Beginning Chinese I.

Six Updater has the VME PLA mod - try downloading it from there. If it works let Foxhound know so he can re-source his files.

I'm trying to add PLA forces to my mission, but having some trouble figuring out the different troop variations. Am I correct in that the AP troops are the airborne (blue camo), and MR are marines?

Overall, lots of good stuff in this mod. Thanks to the VME team!

I'm trying to add PLA forces to my mission, but having some trouble figuring out the different troop variations. Am I correct in that the AP troops are the airborne (blue camo), and MR are marines?

Overall, lots of good stuff in this mod. Thanks to the VME team!

Yes, you are right.

Alex, is there a newer version of PLA besides the one on Armaholic??I tried to look around on your link but even with translation I can't figure out much.

Alex.XP,

I'm getting that head problem message too. Was hoping you had a fix for it.

After a long hiatus, the next version of the VME mod will be released on August the 15th.

According to the chinese forums, it will include more bug fixes, like more OA optimizations (like a backback system), corrected names in the mission editor, disassemble-able HJ-8 ATGM for two persons to carry etc.

Also it features new content too:

QCW05/Type-05 5.8x21mm silenced SMG

J-20 Stealth Fighter

Y-9 Tactical Transport Aircraft

DF-15 Short Range Ballistic Missile with a massive conventional warhead

and more configurations for the J-10B Fighter.

Also, the chief modder is also working on the QBZ95-1 assault rifle, which is the newest iteration of the QBZ95

He cant say whether he will add it into the mod in this version, but it is nice to know that new content are made all the time and that the mod isnt dead at all!

So, stay tuned.

After a long hiatus, the next version of the VME mod will be released on August the 15th.

Are there any delays in new version release? Any ETA?

^^^

Yeah, man, what Damian said. I need that update to so I can update my mission with the new units.

Could someone upload it elsewhere? I really want it but I can't sign up for the website it seems.

We probably have to wait until the developers release it on other mirrors.

Edited by Laqueesha

would anyone please post an alternate download written in english?

Kommiekat sent me a link. If anyone wants to try to download this it might be a better option.

http://dl.vmall.com/c0haiogpw9

Same problem persists. Apparently you need to be a member in order to download. Joining chinese websites is a bit hard when there's the chinese captcha going on.