Sign in to follow this  
alex.xp

VME PLA MOD for ARMA II

Hi, Alex.

Any way you guys can get the Putonghua voices going before you guys quit?

I also need the ammo and weapons so I can fill up Ammo crates when I make the missions for the players to use....

regards,

Kommiekat

Sad to hear.

I hope you can at least fix the bugs regarding the weapon holding positions (especially the Type 85 SMG of the tank-crews) and the feature to calibrate the sniper rifle sights to make long-range sniping possible - same with the ZTZ99 main battle tank's gun-sight. And if you can spare a bit time, you could ask fromz to borrow his Mandarin voices for the mod. Also, it would be nice if you could include a QBZ-95 version with underslug Grenade launcher for the Grenadier, that still only has a AK-74 with GP25 at this time.

If you could at least do this, this mod could actually be called a well-playable final version.

Thanks for the good work anyway.

What I'm talking about:

<a  href=http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8063/arma2oa2011091619381779.png' alt='arma2oa2011091619381779.png'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Edited by Hongjian

Hi, Alex.

Any way you guys can get the Putonghua voices going before you guys quit?

I also need the ammo and weapons so I can fill up Ammo crates when I make the missions for the players to use....

regards,

Kommiekat

The Chinese Voice is very hard to make, it will need 9-10 people's voice, so we give up.

Sad to hear.

I hope you can at least fix the bugs regarding the weapon holding positions (especially the Type 85 SMG of the tank-crews) and the feature to calibrate the sniper rifle sights to make long-range sniping possible - same with the ZTZ99 main battle tank's gun-sight. And if you can spare a bit time, you could ask fromz to borrow his Mandarin voices for the mod. Also, it would be nice if you could include a QBZ-95 version with underslug Grenade launcher for the Grenadier, that still only has a AK-74 with GP25 at this time.

If you could at least do this, this mod could actually be called a well-playable final version.

Thanks for the good work anyway.

What I'm talking about:

If not have more developer to join us, I think these are hard to fix.

The Chinese Voice is very hard to make, it will need 9-10 people's voice, so we give up.

If not have more developer to join us, I think these are hard to fix.

:eek: :butbut: :(

Well, PLEASE PLEASE get your latest version, VME_PLA_1.01 uploaded to BIS and Armaholic before you guys quit

Edited by Kommiekat

:eek: :butbut: :(

Well, PLEASE PLEASE get your latest version, VME_PLA_1.01 uploaded to BIS and Armaholic before you guys quit

*Sigh* There's less than 3 guys making this mod, as they're getting busier than ever after the summer holiday. Unless the mod is allow to let oversea player to continue forward, there's no way to keep going further.

Not to disappoint you, but seriously, modding is require lots of time for modeling and tests.

Not to disappoint you, but seriously, modding is require lots of time for modeling and tests.

I understand how busy things can get for people.

You guys got a long ways with this great MOD.

I am sure, If you put this mod out there for others, if you ask for help from the foreign community, people will help.

I'm in touch with both kju and Alex as I type this.

I am suggesting that VME PLA developers in China include foreign people to help out and become part of the VME PLA umbrella, so to speak...

It doesn't seem there is that much to do.

VME PLA forum developers can ask their forum members to lend a hand.

For example, get members to give you guys VOICES in OGG file format.

That is at least a start and great contribution there.

Use what you already have as well as the willingness of others, in other countries to help out...

Thanks for your reply by the way

Kommiekat

I understand how busy things can get for people.

You guys got a long ways with this great MOD.

I am sure, If you put this mod out there for others, if you ask for help from the foreign community, people will help.

I'm in touch with both kju and Alex as I type this.

I am suggesting that VME PLA developers in China include foreign people to help out and become part of the VME PLA umbrella, so to speak...

It doesn't seem there is that much to do.

VME PLA forum developers can ask their forum members to lend a hand.

For example, get members to give you guys VOICES in OGG file format.

That is at least a start and great contribution there.

Use what you already have as well as the willingness of others, in other countries to help out...

Thanks for your reply by the way

Kommiekat

i don't have any skill about modelling and scripting, but i think taking foreigners in your team will be one of the best idea

Thanks for Kommiekat and Kju.

I discussed with our member, and we decided make VME PLA to a "Open Project".

Maybe it will be naming to "OpenPLA".

When we release the new version on 2011.10.1, we will upload the source file to somewhere like dev-heavens.

The VME PLA MOD will not stop, it will still develop under our member's interests.

So the VME PLA and OpenPLA will live together, like Oracle JDK and OpenJDK.

I discussed with our member, and we decided make VME PLA to a "Open Project".

Maybe it will be naming to "OpenPLA".

When we release the new version on 2011.10.1, we will upload the source file to somewhere like dev-heavens.

The VME PLA MOD will not stop, it will still develop under our member's interests.

So the VME PLA and OpenPLA will live together, like Oracle JDK and OpenJDK.

Wow! Great news.

I salute the team, nice community contribution. Well Done!

Alex, Awesome news! I always love seeing world militaries represented in Arma. Thanks to the team for all your work, keep it up.

Keep up the good work guys. And yes, letting others join the project could help you and more cinematic, immersive stuff like custom sounds and weapon animations could be completed faster.

Considering the high chance Arma 3 will allow for easier porting of arma 2 mods, making this an open project was a great idea. A Chinese faction would make arma 3 pretty cool :)

Perhaps Sickboy and the rest of ACE team could pick up VME seeing as fromz PLA seems to have (unfortunatly) died ;)

It would be cool to see some of the vehicles from ACEX_PLA that don't appear in VME to be usable. Also, ACE values could be given to weapons (accuracy, recoil etc), more detailed weapon optics, more popularity and exposure to the community and frequent updates on six would really benifit VME if you asked me.

Don't mind seeing ACE_PLA, but also just standard non-addon PLA would be a blessing as well.

What are we going to see in this next update?

Will it have a grenade launcher on the qbz95?

Will there be moving parts on the qbj88?

Will the PLA Marines be avaliable in this update (i know there were in previous, non six-updater updates but not on six..) ?

Good luck, looking forward to it :)

We're not interested in either continueing the development of this project nor creating ACE configs for it.

Which isn't personal (team or mod). One of the reasons is that we've been down that road before, and we feel the community can assist in providing this.

Anyone's free to make extension/override configs that will make ACE features available for 3rd party addons; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Features_for_3rd_Party_Addons

Take example of Robalo's ACE configs for RobertHammer weaponpacks or Glt MissileBox ACE config etc.

If you like I can distribute them on Six Updater too.

Edited by Sickboy

What are we going to see in this next update?

Will it have a grenade launcher on the qbz95?

Will there be moving parts on the qbj88?

Will the PLA Marines be avaliable in this update (i know there were in previous, non six-updater updates but not on six..) ?

Good luck, looking forward to it :)

When the next version release, I will notice in this topic, or you can visite our site: www.chinavme.com

There have a lots of improvement, like the grenade launcher.

When the next version release, I will notice in this topic, or you can visite our site: www.chinavme.com

There have a lots of improvement, like the grenade launcher.

Sorry my friends.

The VME PLA MOD maybe will stop develop, because we not have enough people to continue this project....

^^ ä½ å¹²å—? 这个说什么? ä½ åšä¸åšVME PLA MOD 但是我看了真格刚æ‰

Your still doing the mod or not? look at this on the front page which ive just seen.

DarkXess, go back a page or two and read. They will be releasing the update on October 1st, sometime around that they say they may turn it into a community mod, and that they will continue work on their own version, but at a much slower pace.

Sorry my friends.

The VME PLA MOD maybe will stop develop, because we not have enough people to continue this project....

^^ ä½ å¹²å—? 这个说什么? ä½ åšä¸åšVME PLA MOD 但是我看了真格刚æ‰

Your still doing the mod or not? look at this on the front page which ive just seen.

If no men continue this project, the next version will be the final version.

DarkXess, go back a page or two and read. They will be releasing the update on October 1st, sometime around that they say they may turn it into a community mod, and that they will continue work on their own version, but at a much slower pace.

Ooops... didnt see that, sorry :)

I've tried the latest release a bit.

I must say; it feels very polished now. Especially the reticules of the precision rifles and the marksman versions of the QBZ-95/03 are ultra precise now. Also thanks to the informative sniping videos made by 虎å­å“¥, which helped a lot too understanding the reticules. (although the LR1 12.7mm sniper rifle's sight is still kinda hard to use beyond 800m, since the reticule isnt geared for that range and the sight-setting doesnt work or is stuck at 500)

Also; yay. Finally a PLA spotter equipped with rangefinders!

Thanks for the hard work.

Edited by Hongjian