Sign in to follow this  
Alex.XP

VME PLA MOD for ARMA II

http://www.chinavme.com/thread-18639-1-1.html

Here's the thread.

Sadly, this version is still unpolished and is plagued by generally the same bugs as the 1.03 version before. There are some new thing's though, like (a non functioning?!) backpack for the SpecOps and Type 07 camo'ed troopers. And there is finally a scoped version of the QBZ-03 for the Squad Leader of the Airborne Troops - but sadly there's nothing really new in this version.

I guess it will still take some time... I'm patient.

i swear, ive seen some pretty bad and nightmarishly confusing download sites and forums in my time but this one takes it to a whole new level, not to mention the download itself is in 7 parts. however, when trying to download part 8 this login message keeps popping up and refusing my username and password :S

pleeeeeeeeze have mirrors

Edited by fludblud

^Lucky you, I've only managed to download 3 parts, after that I was stoped by login message... ;)

ah it seems you have to register and log in another account for the download site too. quite enjoying the new version, great to see the PLA marines with their trademark bright blue uniforms, would be nice if there were some boats or landing craft to use them with.

great to see the PLA marines with their trademark bright blue uniforms,

YEAAAAH i love that uniform, but how about the cloud camo ?

Great Army, Great Mod! Now could knock down those Ri Ben ghosts in game! But why don't you move a thread to ARMA2 Completed Mod Topic? Anyway, a beta version has been released successfully.

YEAAAAH i love that uniform, but how about the cloud camo ?

cloud camo was a pants on head retarded idea by some 8-1 PR team doing cheesy military musicals.

Luckily, the PLA 15th Airborne do use either the standard Type 07 universal camo or that new urban airborne camo with a bit of blueish tint in it.

cloud camo was a pants on head retarded idea by some 8-1 PR team doing cheesy military musicals.

Luckily, the PLA 15th Airborne do use either the standard Type 07 universal camo or that new urban airborne camo with a bit of blueish tint in it.

for a retarded idea, this blowed up my sides

armaholic would be a much better way for everyone to download and for this mod to get the popularity it needs.

armaholic would be a much better way for everyone to download and for this mod to get the popularity it needs.

I agree

i've made the .bisign and .bikey file but i don't know if they're working you can see the link in somewhere in there

I've added six_vme_pla.bikey and signs. If you have official / confirmed working bikey+signs, feel free to provide a link to them.

Your links are not working and I'm located in Hong Kong.

http://www.chinavme.com/

Also, can I use your mod on other islands besides Chenarus?

I want to make a mission using some of the other maps.

Regards

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Most importantly do they speak chinese or english or russian ? Sounds weird if they speak anything other than chinese though.

And to ask further, will it be Putongua (Mandarin) or Gondongua (Cantonese).

I'm sure most service personal are Mandarins speakers but don't expect all Cantonese speakers to know the Mandarin, because they don't.

Edit: I've tried to load your mod in all maps possible and still your units are not showing up.

Could you kindly give clear instructions? Thanks!

Edited by Kommiekat

I've added six_vme_pla.bikey and signs. If you have official / confirmed working bikey+signs, feel free to provide a link to them.

ha sorry i haven't any official or confirmed key

The last time I checked the VME PLA Mod crew wanted to polish their work some more before releasing it all around. We repect that message and will wait till the dev's spread it or tell us its ok to mirror.

And also, since my Chinese lacks just a bit I have a hard time reading their forums trying to find the info about the mod and finding working links to info which are links to info instead of whatever :)

(but if I do mirror I happily grab it from SU. Thanks Sickboy, that at least saves us the search for links :D ).

Fair is fair Fox :) You're my #1 source for mods to add to SU too :D

Shouldn't this be moved to completed mods?

@KommieKat, i bet if voice is added it should be in mandarin. Don't think PLA use cantonese to communicate officially. I might be wrong.

Edited by Muahaha

@KommieKat, i bet if voice is added it should be in mandarin. Don't think PLA use cantonese to communicate officially. I might be wrong.

I hope the voice it. The North Korean Mod looks good as well, but the voices are all in Russian...I'd like to experiment with that as well. Hope they change that.

ah it seems you have to register and log in another account for the download site too. quite enjoying the new version, great to see the PLA marines with their trademark bright blue uniforms, would be nice if there were some boats or landing craft to use them with.

What version of the Mod do you have? I have the latest via Six updater and I don't have the Marines. I only have the three camo variations as in the previous versions. I'd love to get those marines.

EDIT: finally made it through the sign-up and download pages in chinese. Downloading the mod from that chinese site as we speak. I hope it works :)

Edited by Cpt. FrostBite

Can the current version please be put on six updater please, really looking forward to marines :)

Did a check versus the MultiUpload.com files and what's on SU is the equal... where are the supposed updates / missing marines? Perhaps they're missing from editor due to other addons?

Sorry my friends.

The VME PLA MOD maybe will stop develop, because we not have enough people to continue this project....

I update the version to v1.1, the last version will release in 2011-10-01(the Chinese National Day).

Edited by Alex.XP