Sign in to follow this  
armatech

LHD (Aircraft Carrier) spawning script

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z232/ArMaTeC/arma22009-06-0611-51-07-89.png

LHD (Aircraft Carrier)

I created this simple script that you can now create the Aircraft Carrier any where on the map and on any island

Example mission and script

Script Version
[url]http://www.mediafire.com/download/t0837jze0qcjwfn/LHD_Spawner.utes.7z[/url]

Addon Version (Thanks to myke)
[url]http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/372-glt_lhd.7z[/url]

Edited by armatech
fixed script version link

Thx for this nice scripts, ArMaTec :)

Put it on our script section at Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

Ammofiller script by ArMaTec

dlicon.gif

LHD Spawner Script by ArMaTec

Thanks this is great! spawn one onto main island now :D

I'm working making it drivable ATM so hang fast just as soon as i can get my game to reinstall

Excellent script, armatech. I've created an Editoraddon out of it which adds the LHD in the Editor under WEST/USMC/SHIPS/LHD and also under EMPTY of course.

It uses 100% of armatech's script so full credit to you mate. I've just packed a config and Editor Icon with it. Also added 2 lines to the script to make sure it runs server-side only.

You can get the addon version of armatech's script here:

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/372-glt_lhd.7z

added to first post i have not tested it yet but i guess it will work else you would not post it :bounce3:

Addon works nice :)

Thanks for the script armatech :>

First test to make it driveable :)

Addon works nice :)

Thanks for the script armatech :>

First test to make it driveable :)

How did you make it driveable?

how to set a runway on LHD for airplanes to landing and take off ?

if i walk to the front, the player falling into the water.. thrue the Model.

Great stuff thanks. (Previous post edited as the problem I highlighted was not caused by the script as I had thought, but rather occured somewhere between the keyboard and the chair).

Edited by Arioch
I am a noob.

*Edited because the other one was edited so this no longer made sense...

Edited by Killy_McMurder
that other guy is a noob ;)

Um. Yeah. Seems to have sorted itself out since I read the last post. Have edited my previous post so as not to mislead anyone into thinking there's a problem with this script. Works great. Thanks mate. (Please feel free to mock me in a different thread.)

Any of you guys know how to place planes on the carrier? I went to the default location the LHD is at on the map, my troops can be placed on the deck but I can't get any planes to be on top. The planes end up below the deck and blow up. How can I get them where they are on top of the deck and can take off?

I've recently created a mission using the LHD as a spawn point. All of the testing I do indicates that the mission was successfully created. The LHD plays out nicely.

But when I upload it to a dedicated server, I get a lot of unusual side effects. The walls appear to be clipping with themselves. The best way I can describe this is there appears to be two LHD's spawning immediately on top of each other, but at slightly different heights. I've taken a screenshot to demonstrate:

arma22009-07-2801-28-44-07.jpg

Yet in my editor, it looks like this:

arma22009-07-2723-22-45-14.jpg

This causes issues on lots of levels. Initially it caused my planes to bounce around. I was able to counteract this by raising the LHD to .4, but the walls are still offset, and it doesn't seem to really be helping it. I don't know why the planes aren't bouncing anymore, honestly, because the "ghost" LHD still appears to be above the LHD I placed in the mission editor.

But when I upload it to a dedicated server, I get a lot of unusual side effects. The walls appear to be clipping with themselves. The best way I can describe this is there appears to be two LHD's spawning immediately on top of each other, but at slightly different heights.

Are you using the original script? I dont think that check if its a server, so you'll have the LHD spawning on all machines connected (ie 2 in the case of a dedicated and 1 connected player). But I cant remember since I last tried it out, cant download files right now.

The MOVEABLE LHD is brilliant. I'm sure that some clever people will be able to use the attachto command to make us walk around/land on/take off from the LHD in time.

But it looks superb so far ! Keep at it !

The MOVEABLE LHD is brilliant. I'm sure that some clever people will be able to use the attachto command to make us walk around/land on/take off from the LHD in time.

But it looks superb so far ! Keep at it !

And if its half as good as the carrier in BF1943 was, it's gonna be awesome to ram it into Utes :p

Are you using the original script? I dont think that check if its a server, so you'll have the LHD spawning on all machines connected (ie 2 in the case of a dedicated and 1 connected player). But I cant remember since I last tried it out, cant download files right now.

Yes, I'm using the original script. I'm not using the editor-addon.

What's interesting, though, is it's always just "two" LHD's. Even when I have multiple people connecting to the dedicated server, it always looks like the first image. It's very difficult to try and pinpoint.

Well you could try wrapping the spawn script in if(isServer) and see what happens, if the "second" carrier still spawn. Otherwise I would guess there's something borked with the carrier pieces themselves.

The problem is I don't know if it's actually spawning a 2nd LHD, or not. I don't know what else it could be, though. All I know is when I host a mission, I don't get that "ghost" LHD, but when I toss the .pbo on a dedicated server, it's there.

I'll try the (IsServer) command, and see what happens. Thanks for the tip!