Sign in to follow this  
AASE

ONS - Operation Northstar WIP

Hi,

I'm a noob modder and I've been trying to add VOP sound capability to ONS, could anyone give me an idea on how to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

I'm a noob modder and I've been trying to add VOP sound capability to ONS, could anyone give me an idea on how to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You need to open their config files and make it so that their classes inherit the sound config entries from the BIS classnames instead.

If you have no experience with Object Oriented Design, I suggest you do some research first so you understand the concept of object inheritance.

Thanks! I'll look into that, hopefully it'll be an educational venture.

Hi again,

Well I've made some head way and learned how to open up the config files, but I can't figure out how to make the weapons inherit the sounds like you mentioned. I also am no sure where to find a tutorial that would teach me about object oriented design. Any links would be much appreciated,

As well I decided to attempt to add ACRE to ONS with out any success, it works fine for all of the other armies, but whenever I try to add a radio to a Canadian soldier it does not appear in their inventory, could anyone shed light on why this might be happening?

One would normally wish to get the permission of the addon maker before altering their files. Certainly, one cannot expect the mod maker to support unauthorized alterations.

My mistake! I didn't know that was proper etiquette. Unfortunately I have decided to move away from ONS for a bit, as I'm still trying to make stuff work with the USMC. I might as well start simple right? Maybe one day in the future when I come back to ONS I'll be able to modify the files without help. Again, my apologies for not asking permission first.

It has been years since I've replied on this forum.

I still play the ONS mod and I am wondering if there is any news regarding the next update that was 1st discussed around Christmas?

I would like to suggest 1 soldier model without headgear at all. There are some easy to use mods that allow the use of custom headgear; helmets, berets, soft hats, etc. It is good for variety for CSOR guys Recce or in base camp.

It's easy to create a soldier with no headgear, I might create one before releasing...:)

S.Morency

ONS developer

7CMBG.ca

create one before releasing...:)

That's usually the process. :)

Abs

That sounds good smorency44, are we getting close to a release date?

Considering ARMA 3 is Q3 or Q4 2012 I'd enjoy playing ONS mod for the next few months. I'm sure the mod is as good as most of the content already available meaning at this stage a few imperfections or not everything got done that you wanted would still be acceptable by the community.

Release ONS please :)

Edited by Dr@gon

Don't ask for release dates around here :)

I know you're excited, I am as well, but asking for it isn't going to make it come any quicker.

Hi everyone sorry for the delay in responses and updates.

the mod has taken a major right turn for the good :), basicly we have been going over all the content in ONS and ripping it apart and revamping, tweaking, and smashing the long standing bugs.

we are planning another update at some point in the near future but at this time we are not sure as we would like to make the next release 100 times more stable then any of the last ones.

thank you,

AASE

ONS Developer

7CMBG

One small request, please make sure barrel recoil exists on any tank cannons/artillery cannons/M2 machineguns/etc

If you need help with it, PM me.

Hi everyone sorry for the delay in responses and updates.

the mod has taken a major right turn for the good :), basicly we have been going over all the content in ONS and ripping it apart and revamping, tweaking, and smashing the long standing bugs.

we are planning another update at some point in the near future but at this time we are not sure as we would like to make the next release 100 times more stable then any of the last ones.

thank you,

AASE

ONS Developer

7CMBG

Well it seems that ONS is destined to be a continuous work in progress. Over time the ARMA 2 community dwindles as most players move on to other games, there aren't as many die hard fans that continue to play and wait for specific mods for years. With ARMA 3 just around the corner I believe the remaining ONS fan base will only be a few dozen or so. For the truly hard core ONS fans like those who belong to 7CMBG, continue to make the mod a 100 times more stable etc but for the majority of the community share what you have so more people can enjoy your work even if it is just a sub-set of the intended release.

my 2 cents

Hi Dragon we are well aware of this, and we are planning to move the mod to A3 once it comes out. we are hoping to get a public release out soon rather then later.

AASE

ONS Developer

7CMBG

Still looking forward to ONS on ARMA 2 myself, as well as ARMA 3.

That's really nice to hear. I know I've been looking forward to ONS for a while now, and will really appreciate it. :D It's also nice to know that I can look forward to it in A3. :D

Thanks for your work

Warrior of Arma

Indeed good news!!

Edit: I'm dumber than a bag of broken keys but if there is any way I can help out (ie: testing, documentation, etc) just ask!!

Edited by SavageCDN

Getting the old, ONS_Weapons requires addon INKO_Disposable. There must be something I'm doing wrong, because they're installed and in their own modfolders. Help would be very much accepted.

Don't worry about it. The inko addon changed its patch name in the config. But ons hasn't been updated to keep up with it. But it doesn't affect anything otherthan an annoying popup since the class names stayed the same

I disagree.

I have the same thing, and in addition, when I want to reload a previous savegame, I'm fucked, because the game says that I midd the INKO disposable and I can't reload.

so, it's either I don't die, or I have to reset the mission.

@Wiki: i had this problem too, in fact you just have to corect some stuff in config file. I dont remember what i did really, but in the INKO config, there was like "addon: inko_disposable_oa" i renamed this in "inko_disposable" and it worked, ons didnt ask anymore for inko.

Ahhh, no news for quite a while, and the site still hasn't been replaced. Anyone hear anything of ONS at all recently?

Hi guys,

Sorry to ask such a (stupid) question, but no-where in this thread does it give any discription of what this mod is nor what ONS means.

I'm clueless. Maybe I missed a post someplace??

Hi guys,

Sorry to ask such a (stupid) question, but no-where in this thread does it give any discription of what this mod is nor what ONS means.

I'm clueless. Maybe I missed a post someplace??

Operation Northstar is a modification that adds the Canadian Forces to the game. The name was chosen by the first round of the mod team (Powerslide, Dismas, Sigma-6, and maybe even CT). It has been around since OFP.

Source: I was also part of the original mod team since OFP times.

Abs