Sign in to follow this  
AASE

ONS - Operation Northstar WIP

@aeggwards1

What Pilot are you using?

@JDMT

A Canadian Man Pack Radio "522" as we call it is in the works. They issued us small packs a few years back that the 522 fits perfectly into so that's what it's going to be modeled as. It probably wont be out for a good little bit however it is near the very top of our list.

Love the machine gunners sticking out the back. Defined as additional turrets? Also, what happens when the turret rotates around? Does it go over their heads?

Abs

They are called "air sentries" lol and in real life they fucking duck if the turret is coming around however the idea is they cover the 6 so the turret doesn't have to.

I don't know how they are configured though...

AASE got a time line on when i can add the LAV III to the package man?

Reference ONS next release.

I've been swamped with work, the army, and now hockey so not much time to make major improvements. This weekend I'm working with the army so i wont be able to make any headway.

so here's what i can do for everyone.

I will be attempting a release on next friday with the major fixes being the following

ons_Weapons & ons_weapons_ACE

fully animated machine guns, pistol, etc..

created 220rnd belts for the C6s

fixed issue with ace chemlights not working

adding sight adjust to C6, and all elcan optics for OA vanilla / ACE

INKO Disposable HARD CODED

ons_Infantry

adding 2 new AR textures (TCCC & MEDICAL)

adding ISAF patches to some

added signaler to ace configs

adding M2 Team to ace config and vanilla

*possible C6 team with deployable tripod

ons_static

C6 on Tripod aka SF Role

*possible ons_tracked

Leopard2 A6M

@aeggwards1

What Pilot are you using?

BIS USMC pilot for AH1Z, BIS US Army/USMC for AH64D, ANZAC Helicopter pilot for Tiger (inherited from BIS USMC pilot).

BIS USMC pilot for AH1Z, BIS US Army/USMC for AH64D, ANZAC Helicopter pilot for Tiger (inherited from BIS USMC pilot).

I have no idea what's causing this. I will look into the configs for our aircraft, perhaps they are re-defining the animations for these choppers causing the errors. I will do my best, don't expect any immediate results i am very busy right now.

yes Abs, two turrets setup for the cargo seat, when turned out the crews pose like seen in ss, when turned in return to normal cargo pose, at this point only head is freely movable, rest are static.

Eagle try making it a script instead. just attach the guys in the standing position under the two hatches, that way they will have freedom of movement.

If you like I could take a crack at it.

Personally, I think the turret/cargo solution is the best way of going about it, as long as the weapons disappear once you're turned in. Onec you start scripting, then you get into things like MP compatability, etc...and it's a headache.

How come you're having trouble with the bodies moving? I'd assume it would be set up just like a MG jeep.

Great work, Young Eagle. :)

Abs

good point abs, perhaps your just missing axis points for the 2 sentry positions?

Hey guys I have a minor problem after installing the latest INKO 1.3 addon.

When I launch ARMA 2 Combined Ops I get the following error;

Addon 'ons_weapons' requires addon INKO_Disposables

I made sure both addons, ONS & INKO are enabled in the game.

During gameplay the soldier discards the used M72 like he's supposed to but he also discards a Carl Gustav tube at the same time.

I hadn't noticed anything on the forums about this so I thought I'd mention it.

Otherwise the game plays fine with both addons.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Another problem I have found;

As Ohally knows I use the 'ONS_C8A1_M203_SD' weapon but during testing I have found the Elcan sights to be way off. So much so that the weapon is unusable. This only applies when I add the entry in the Initialization field of the editor but works fine when I pull the weapon from the ammo box.

Any ideas what might be causing this. I don't have this problem with the RH rifle addons.

Inko changed from inko_disposable to inko_disposable_oa, thats why your getting the error message. no worries though it has been hardcoded into the next update so inko on its own is no longer required unless you wish to use it for the other at weapons. as for the carlg being thrown that makes no sense i will look into it asap.

the C8 Elcan issue is also a strange one.. all i can give you is try and use the weapons crate instead from now on?

Need anything low priority modelled? I can't promise that it'll be quick since I'm still overseas, but I could get started on something non-critical to help out.

Abs

Inko changed from inko_disposable to inko_disposable_oa, thats why your getting the error message. no worries though it has been hardcoded into the next update so inko on its own is no longer required unless you wish to use it for the other at weapons. as for the carlg being thrown that makes no sense i will look into it asap.

the C8 Elcan issue is also a strange one.. all i can give you is try and use the weapons crate instead from now on?

Going back to the original ONS download (for the current version) I was able to reinstall the INKO I needed. Unfortunately INKO 1.3 affected the saved games as well since it would say something about a download dependancy and fail to load.

The C8 issue is strange indeed. I have gone ahead and loaded the C8 varient I like into the cargo of the various insertion vehicles such as the LAV and helos so I can switch during insertion. The problem is not every mission allows you the opportunity to switch out.

One other thing, when you change your load out on the init line you are able to carry both a backpack & an AT weapon - very cool. Once you switch out your primary weapon it drops the backpack. I probably shouldn't rely on the glitch to carry both since a future patch may fix it anyway. To me it is realistic to have light AT Weapons (LAW) liberally spread out in the section and leave the heavier AT Weapons (MAW) to the AT designated soldiers.

P.S. I have really been enjoying the mod, good work guys its what I've been waiting for.

Edited by Dr@gon
clarity

ABS if you want you can start on the Ruck Sack, Small pack and 522 radio?

I can provide ref pics for all of the above if you choose.

otherwise our Chinook need to be re-textured to eliminate the mirror image and the Griffon needs some tweaking in the model it's self.

let me know your preference and I will send you what you need.

New infantry models;

Let down the blousing on the pants, some rolled sleeves and a throw back to the early days of Afghanistan, TW tac vests, much cooler IMO

INFANTRY_AR4.jpg

INFANTRY_AR3.jpg

INFANTRY_AR2.jpg

INFANTRY_AR.jpg

Word on the ONS team is the ruck sacks have been modeled once we find them they will be pushed to the top of our list.

Update to the pack should be coming soon, sadly the L2A6M may not make it in on time. We will do our best ;)

Quick Question for our fans here. I've been thinking of tinkering with the ability do manipulate the bi-pod on the C9 and C6, I.e fold it in or out and deploy it. most likely it will play no affect on accuracy so what do you guys think?

should we make the bi-pod interactive?

Edited by Ohally

I vote yes for the interactive Bi-Pod, as long as it doesn't cause future problems, or performance issues.

it would be purely cosmetic until we can find a way to make it affect accuracy.

it would be purely cosmetic until we can find a way to make it affect accuracy.

I'd have a chat with the AAW guys. The way they've done it, IIRC, allows them to affect recoil, dexterity and accuracy... although I'm not sure accuracy should be affected - the gun still shoots straight with a bipod folded up...

I'd have a chat with the AAW guys. The way they've done it, IIRC, allows them to affect recoil, dexterity and accuracy... although I'm not sure accuracy should be affected - the gun still shoots straight with a bipod folded up...

yes but a machine gun has significant recoil. the only place this should affect accuracy is the prone position or supported i.e on a wall etc... that's a good idea though i will have a chat with them.

yes but a machine gun has significant recoil. the only place this should affect accuracy is the prone position or supported i.e on a wall etc... that's a good idea though i will have a chat with them.

Heh, I think I was probably a bit unclear. What I meant was that the recoil should be affected whether the bipod is up or down, but the accuracy ("dispersion" in the config) should stay the same.

So, to summarise; yes. :)

Is...is that a Griffon I see?

Oh no wait...it isn't. ;)

Abs

In hopes to get those ruck models from you asap there abs I have gotten pictures of the griffon for you:

arma2oa2010-09-2018-05-32-63.jpg

arma2oa2010-09-2018-05-13-25.jpg

;)

Ive had a look around for the models on my flash drives but i cant find the models so i dont think i have them anymore.