Sign in to follow this  
AASE

ONS - Operation Northstar WIP

just a little heads up the troops now have been fixed to hold the weapons with new animation liek the MK48mod0, and the M203 properly will have a pic soon.

Hey everybody,

I would like to put out a request for anyone who can model that is interested in Helping ONS to please post here as we are needing some help progressing more into the mod.

thanks

AASE

Hey all,

So, if you've been following this thread, you'll see that I was working on an RG-31. Unfortunately the limited time I had has been limited even more. I don't want to simply abandon this project, especially since it's the only RG-31 project I know of being made in the community, so I am here today to ask for some help.

Here is the current state of the project:

- Resolution LOD0 is done, and fully UV mapped.

- I have someone working on the texture on a lower-priority basis, since he has a lot on his plate as well.

- I have some of the cargo LOD built.

- The vehicle is semi-functional in-game. (Fully functional in ARMA, just needs proper porting.)

What needs to be done:

- Once the texture is done, the other resolution lods need to be created

- Interior lod need to be finished

- Custom anim for driver and gunner

- Config tweaking

- Custom gunner viewport

- Anything else I'm missing

I'd really like to turn this into one of those community addon projects where people are able to offer their expertise and pump something out quicker than one person can.

There are some minor differences between the Canadian and the American RG-31...because of this, I don't have a problem with my model being used to create an American version as well. However, my only stipulation is that anyone who agrees to work on this help to create the Canadian version first.

I am able to provide a ton of source materials that I've collected over the years. Please contact me over PM if you would like to work on this project.

I'm looking for those with experience. Thanks for reading.

Abs

It was, here and there. Since my last post (in June) the only thing I've really had time to do is start on the interior lod.

Abs

me and nzx are working on it these days ;)

lol...good to know. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Abs

[i'll give you the interior model I have so far just in case you can use it.]

Hi everybody and Happy New Years!!

i would like to ask for some help to get Operation Northstar moving on a faster pace.

we are looking for someone(s) to help in the fallowing areas,

Modeling

UV

textureing

O2

if any one is intersted in helping us that would be great as we are in dire need just post here and i will get back to you.

thank you very much

and have a happy 2010 folks

AASE

I could lend a hand with some texture work here and there if you're interested?

i sent a PM to both of you guys :D

thank you very much :D

AASE

Hey everyone!

We at ONS have been hard at work on the mod. We apologize for the massive time between releases but we are a very small team at the moment. Our goal with ONS: Canadian Forces is to represent the soldiers of the Canadian Military as best we can. Currently our focus has been on finalizing our Arid Region troops and getting rid of those pesky error messages people have been reporting. We have some new toys we're working on including the CH-146 Griffon, Up-Armoured LAV3, and the Coyote. We have also improved all our weapons systems and added the Carl Gustav and M72 to the line up (donated by the Australians At War).

Here are some screens of the Canadian Infantry in Arid Region Cad-Pat;

be096209bc2542d789b3488388ffbe1e.jpgda642acbd7d840ea88244d6c26116031.jpg

6f38427c8790439bbe20ccf8538c80cf.jpg1c8dceca72de4e57b7fda0aa0ab792ff.jpg

if you have any questions about Operation Northstar please visit ons.armaholic.eu or if you'd like to join our ONS realism unit and help test the latest equipment visit 7CMBG.ca and fill out an application today!

Looking very nice, i like to see the canadians ingame as they have some cool hardware :)

Any chance of any CANSOFCOM units?

This could include

JTF2

CJIRU

Canadian Special Operations Regiment

Would be great in addition to infantry units.

yes planned, soon no. we have way to much to do and not enough people to do it so any CSOR or JTF2 units will have to wait. however we will be releasing units modeled after the PPCLI Jump company.

Just a quick update for ONS with a nice little video.

lue="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53SezmJr0S8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53SezmJr0S8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Video by : J Hunter [7CMBG]

Staring the [7CMBG] Unit offical testers of Opteration Northstar

http://www.ons.armaholic.eu/ Operation Northstar Offical Site

www.7cmbg.ca

Edited by AASE

thanks guys for the continued Support :D we are working hard to bring you another update ASAP either small or big.

thanks guys for the continued Support :D we are working hard to bring you another update ASAP either small or big.

Sounds good to me mate. Looking forward to it alot! :)