Redkid Joker

The Unsung Release 1 (Alpha)

im glad you gonna look into the ati bug.

and as a suggestion for upcoming versions(arma or arma2) you might want to implement a crude tracking system like for example footsteps wich stay on the ground longer, blooddrops from wounded enemies, if enemy is wounded/retreating they randomly drop stuff(like ammo, weapons...)and so on... although this might take alot of trouble to create while it wont even be noticed by most players.

anyways great mod and now back to the jungle

Gedis, yes that is the way to increase the sound of the footsteps. Beware though, you will then need to create a new modfolder for the edited configs and you might not be able to play on MP servers with the edited versions.

joske, thanks for the suggestion, we will make a note of it and at least look into it. :)

Great work guys, I had a ball with one of the single player missions. :cool: It was very intense!

Anyone else think the recoil of all weapons seemed kinda OFPish?

Just straight into the air.

My computer

GF 260 (SLI)

8GB Ram

Q9950

Hi,Guy, it seems similar spect. to mine. I use XFX 260 GTX (896M) video card, Intel Quad core CPU. But Ram is 4GB. When I updated PC, the seller told me 4GB is enough for such spec. So is really useful for 8GB Ram? I haven't got an obvious lag to play Unsung. But like IN44, it seems really a little slow than other Mods.

At the Unsung, we would appreciate hearing from people with an honest interest VN war and in helping to develop this mod further. All fields in modding could do with a helping hand as we are terribly undermanned.

These are my PC specs and game settings that I find work best for me

and give best game quality. 18 to 35+ fps depending on location.

Duo 3.40 GHz 1GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO Memory size 512 mb

XP

Settings that I find work best for me and give best game quality.

Visibility - 600

Resolution 1024 x 786 x 32

Refresh Rate 75 Hz

Terrain - Normal

Objects - Normal

Texture - Normal

Shading -Normal

Postprocess Effects - Low

Anisotropic Filtering - Low

Shadow Detail - Normal

Antialiasing - Disabled

Blood - Low

I'm only running beta mod for 1.16 beta along with Unsung.

My config is 8800 GTS 512 with 180.47.

The exact problem is;

The InCountry Map works ... sounds, map, SP missions, in the editor etc...I have no problem with it whatsoever.

For the other 2 Maps;

In the editor when I place a soldier & preview and there is not action menu items.

No sound like wind/footstep etc...

As soon as I shoot or some seconds later, Arma crashes.

SP & MP missions crashes Arma as soon as mission starts.

In MP, I2m getting "no entry to cfgSkeleton in config.bin" and lots of related error in rpt file.

Hope it helps..

cheers

12:17:30 Admin Aussie Dave logged in.

12:17:38 Mission co@ 8 Dinky Dau read from bank.

12:17:42 Roles assigned.

12:17:42 Reading mission ...

12:19:03 No entry 'bin\config.bin.CfgSkeletons'. Went back to missions menu

12:19:53 Mission co@ 10 Fragged read from bank.

12:19:56 Roles assigned.

12:19:56 Reading mission ...

12:20:16 Mission read.

12:21:19 Game started.

12:34:49 Game finished.

12:34:49 Waiting for next game.

12:34:59 Mission co@ 8 Dinky Dau read from bank. Worked ok this time?

12:35:02 Roles assigned.

12:35:02 Reading mission ...

12:36:11 Mission read.

12:37:29 Game started.

13:01:38 Game finished.

I noticed that theres No sounds like wind,footsteps.

Still love the mod, is it ment to be foggy?

The Island sounds, for kham duc and ngok tavak are using the unsung custom sounds, from the uns_sounds pbo and are setup in the config.cpp for each island. the sound for the incountry are the standard BI settings from what I remmeber, and the missions for incountry the ambient sounds (jungle baboonetc.) are done through the mission editor. The sounds for the first two are wss extensions. one thing you can try is placing sounds on the island and seeing if they work through the editor. I would try it myself but the config works on my computer. If you want to help us locate the problem on your computer little tests like this can move us in the right direction and maybe we can get the sounds to work on your systems.

cheers

@Aussie Dave

Yes it works in the second time but my ArmA locks up (this is what it does rather then crashing) immidiately after the MP mission start...this is due to an issue in KDuc and NTavak maps.

I made simple MP maps in InCountry and they seem to work OK..

@CJ

I'll have a look at the configs.

seems that only u.s. sf class guys are lacking footsteps, nva/vc soldiers and us pilots seems to have original BIS footsteps...

i gues problem is in uns_sf.pbo's config...

EDIT, ok i give up, after 8 hours play with uns_sf config i have achieved nothing, tryed to delete custom sounds, delete even sf scripts, what i didn't tryed... every time i got no changes, u.s. pilots use bis sounds, while sf use very very silent sounds(probably bis too).

it doesn't matter if config is in .bin or .cpp right?

Edited by Gedis

when doing the sp patrol missions (between a rock and a sweet place...) you can use artillery support, now when i want to use it i select fire mission and then it says mark coordinates or something now how do i mark where those rounds need to fall.

Just wanted to say thanks for making this mod!

I had a few games with a mate and we loved it! The jungle sounds are great, the jungle is so dence you somtimes get anxious lol and the weapons sounds are great.,

So again thanks for making this! :)

when doing the sp patrol missions (between a rock and a sweet place...) you can use artillery support, now when i want to use it i select fire mission and then it says mark coordinates or something now how do i mark where those rounds need to fall.

Did you try clicking on the map after it said "mark coordinates"? As far as I know, that should do the trick.

Thank you for this Mod even if its Alpha! :)

Got the same issues with missing footstep sounds, ambient sounds are ok.

Played two missions and couldnt find & check all dead bodies - guess valuable infos you cant get from regular VC patrols. What about extra option to order your team to search for infos around 50m?

What are your future plans are you switching directly to Arma2 or will you wait and go on with Unsung Beta - Final version for ArmA?

I get this in the RPT when I try to play on one of the islands:

Out of memory when reading @UNS_R1Alpha\addons\uns_sounds.pbo - 5aa

probably because I didn't change my settings, I'll do that first.

EDIT:

Nope, doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'll fiddle with it a bit more. EDIT2: Setting everything to very low and it works?

a few more notes:

intro image isn't 16:10, the default intro image plays in BG

sat map in the sea in kham duc

the maps are laggy in the editor when you zoom out you can hardly move the cursor around and I get a bunch of these errors in the RPT:

No more slot to add connection at Jg44 (24768.5,29666.1)

I think it lists nearly all coordinates.

I get this in the RPT when firing the M60

Cannot load sound 'uns_weap\sound\m60_fly.ogg'

A bunch of these:

No skeleton given for uns_buildings\west_buildings\uns_signaltower.p3d destruction

uns_buildings\west_buildings\uns_showers.p3d: house, config class missing

No skeleton given for uns_buildings\west_buildings\tower_1.p3d destruction

uns_buildings\west_buildings\csj_fueldepot.p3d: house, config class missing

uns_buildings\west_buildings\csjpet8_pump.p3d: house, config class missing

uns_buildings\west_objects\sb_revetment.p3d: house, config class missing

Bad sim class thing, type LAND_CSJBladderHalf (class=house), uns_buildings\west_objects\csjbladderhalf.p3d

Bad sim class thing, type LAND_CSJBladderHalf (class=house), uns_buildings\west_objects\csjbladderhalf.p3d

uns_buildings\west_objects\revetment_5.p3d: house, config class missing

Edited by MehMan

seems that only u.s. sf class guys are lacking footsteps, nva/vc soldiers and us pilots seems to have original BIS footsteps...

i gues problem is in uns_sf.pbo's config...

EDIT, ok i give up, after 8 hours play with uns_sf config i have achieved nothing, tryed to delete custom sounds, delete even sf scripts, what i didn't tryed... every time i got no changes, u.s. pilots use bis sounds, while sf use very very silent sounds(probably bis too).

it doesn't matter if config is in .bin or .cpp right?

I think I know why this is happening I believe its a problem with the sf unit class conffigy thing , the rain wont work with just SF guys in the jungle you need VC or NVA to make it work. We have identified it in the internal testing but it seems this bug fell thru the crack, we will fix it in the next patch.

I'm attaching the client side error rpt as well..

There are many config error you may want to update..like some kduc and ntavak configs conflicting with InCoutry, cannot find sound error etc...

Should be helpful to fix the configs.

Also noticed my Arma gives out-of memory error and gets locked over a sound error..

http://cross.kellys-heroes.eu/arma-rpt-unsung.zip

hope it helps ..

cya

@ Mehman

thanks for the testing and effort made to give us the report. We will be making efforts to fix these and hopefully have a patch shortly.

@ Gedis

It shouldn't matter if your using the bin config or modified cpp. I'm sure your aware of this, once you unbin a config.bin it remove the "[]" from the scripts. I can send you a non binned cpp if you want to play with it.

Played two missions and couldnt find & check all dead bodies - guess valuable infos you cant get from regular VC patrols. What about extra option to order your team to search for infos around 50m?

It is not imperative that all kills are confirmed or searched. The simplist method of doing this is to order a unit to 'hide body'. This option in the action menu will be available if there is a known KIA in your area.

Will you guys also release some regular US infantry besides the special forces?

Will you guys also release some regular US infantry besides the special forces?
They will eventually but this is their first release, Release 1, and it is all about U.S. Special Forces. Their next Release will have a new theme and so on and so forth.

They will eventually but this is their first release, Release 1, and it is all about U.S. Special Forces. Their next Release will have a new theme and so on and so forth.

couldn't have said it better.

unsungarmar1recruitment.jpg

The Unsung Mod is on a wide scale recruitment offensive for Armed Assault.

After our freshly released Alpha we now want to steam ahead to our next release.

But to get it done, we need a lot more help. We need you!

We need help in all fields of expertise. We need: Configgers, Moddelers, Scripters,

Sound editors, Texturers, Animators, Island builders and Mission makers.

Do you have allready some knowledge in any of the above fields and are interested in

the Vietnam war like we are and feel you could be of help? Do reply in our recruitment

thread on OFPNAM.com: click here.

Good luck with your recruitement drive - I hope you get some regular US infantry units out soon :)

I had some random errors - at one point I zoomed in on the map (in the editor) and it complained about a missing model! Very strange, considering I wasn't even inside a mission. When I tried starting it one time it gave me a missing skeletons error and turned all my units into fractal monstrosities, but that fixed itself (is this a world=empty error?). Um um. The jungles etc. aren't half-bad on the frame-rates, except I think most of the buildings don't have any LODs (might be wrong!) and it lags like a bitch when flying over it with any kind of view distance, which is a bit sad - maybe make the clutter spawning distance lower or something?

But overall, it's great fun! Best part is the huge maps that came with it - without proper maps (islands, I suppose, in this case) it's impossible to create missions in most cases. Problem with them is of course as MehMan pointed out that they LAG like a bitch - even without Textures enabled. Strange.

Anyway, ahem. Great stuff, well done, keep up the good work - and I hope to see you in Arma 2 (not that I have it yet)!

Regards,

Wolfrug