Sign in to follow this  
Mickd

Charlie Foxtrot: Vitrual War for Real (a large-scale ArmA II PvP Tournament)

Charlie Foxtrot: Virtual War for Real (a large-scale ArmA II PvP Tournament)

Charlie Foxtrot is a large scale Player Vs Player tournament for Bohemia Interactive Studios new title ArmA II. The tournament is run by the same folks who operate the highly successful ArmA tournament IC-ArmA which (to our the best knowledge) holds the record for the largest number of human players in an ArmA game (128 people). Drawing upon over 2 years of highly successful large scale multiplayer gaming using the ArmA engine, Charlie Foxtrot will transfer this knowledge and experience to create a very similar environment for ArmA II. Charlie Foxtrot will be run independently of IC-ArmA, thus if your wish to play large scale PvP in either or both games, you will have the chance to do so.

Charlie Foxtrot can be found here: http://cfarma2.com/

Charlie Foxtrot TS info: 83.96.157.52:8768

Charlie Foxtrot FAQ

What is Charlie Foxtrot?

It is WAR!

Charlie Foxtrot ArmA2 is about two armies fighting large-scale multiplayer battles against each other every week. This goes on for a number of weeks (a campaign) and in the end one army is declared victorious.

How do these two armies fight each other?

Charlie Foxtrot utilizes ArmA2's multiplayer component to stage large-scale battles. The two armies fight it out on an official battle day to determine who is victorious. The armies fight over territory, which they carry forward to the next battleday.

How Large is Large?

We aim to have an average of about 100 players (we pushed ArmA to 128 people) in each battle with each army configured for 60 players max. ingame simultaneously.

Is this like a clan or a league?

No. We are not a clan. We do not rely on any external organizations, ladders, clubs, or groups for this tournament. Charlie Foxtrot works independently and entirely on its own. Individuals and members of clans are welcomed to join, but you will have to leave your clan tags/affiliations at the door.

Isn’t that like breaking up clans?

Not at all, Charlie Foxtrot understands that members have outside affiliations. Charlie Foxtrot is about building team work and making friends in the international community, and of course, having fun.

How are the armies organized/structured?

The armies are loosely structured like a real military unit. An army is lead by its General, who is helped by his High Commanding Officers. They command a number of units that are more or less organized like platoons or squads.

Do I have to follow the orders of higher ranking players?

Yes. To achieve the level organization we strive for here, it is important that orders be followed and carried out. Please note that this tournament is not for the lone-wolf run 'n gunners, but for people who like to play side to side with their battle buddies in an organized manner.

How can I advance my rank?

One word, PARTICIPATE. Show up for practices, show up for battles, take part in discussions on the forums, hang out on the TS server, get to know your officers, and don’t misbehave. That will get you started. Then it all depends on your qualities as a leader, and that is more complicated, do you have what it takes to lead men in combat?

What are the requirements to join Charlie Foxtrot?

* You must have your own legal copy of ArmA2

* You must have a set of speakers and a mic.

* You must download and use TeamSpeak.

* You must visit the forums as much as possible.

* You must follow orders.

* You must have fun.

Why Teamspeak?

It is imperative that each force communicate within their teams. TeamSpeak is a very simple, and flexible Voice-Over-IP (VOIP) software program that enables you to communicate via a microphone to your teammates. TeamSpeak is free to download.

How often are the battles, and for how long?

Official Battle days are one day every weekend (unless posted otherwise, e.g. due to Holiday, etc.). Currently they are 3 hours long.

Do I have to play the entire time?

No. You can play as much as you can or as little as you want. Some players can hammer out the whole lot, and others can only put in 1 hour.

What is the official language of the tournament?

English, spoken on TS and written in the forums.

Is this a very competitive tournament? Is the atmosphere cutthroat?

Charlie Foxtrot stresses teamwork, strategy, organization, friendship, and most of all fun. The members here take playing the game in the campaign very seriously. They came to Charlie Foxtrot looking for organization and to get away from the chaos and anarchy that takes place in the public servers. At the same time, lifelong friendships are made and on non-battle days, many members will go “pubbing†to have fun and practice teamwork (they will jump on a public server). And at other times, many members just hang out on our TeamSpeak server.

Except for the awesome battles, are there any other reasons to join?

Definitely.

The first thing that comes to mind is that you have a big potential to evolve as a leader. No kidding, while this may just seem like 'a place on the net', the people are real. Which puts a great responsibility on those of you who choose to become leaders in the tournament.

If you're a modder, writer, movie-maker or other creative, you have a great place to showcase your skills and get your name known.

Edited by Mickd

What's the diffirence compared to IC-arma? And why is it separated from IC-arma?

What's the diffirence compared to IC-arma? And why is it separated from IC-arma?

The difference is:

IC-ArmA is an ArmA: Armed Assault/Combat Operations based Tournament

Charlie Foxtrot: ArmA2 is an ArmA II based Tournament

There will be a gaming session on the Charlie Foxtrot Server on WEDNESDAY NIGHT (17th June) @ 8GMT/3EST. Various maps will be on the server as well as our Charlie Foxtrot Scrim 1 map which we will be testing for functionality. It will be on the CF teamspeak & the server will be open to the public.

Looks nice indeed.

Will the server be open to anyone who wishes to join?

The server is always Passworded (pw give on battleday) & only players registered with the tournament can play. So any member (easy to join) can play but it isnt open to the public.

Charlie Foxtrot PvP Evenings: Wednesday & Thursday 24th/25th June @ 19.30GMT

The Charlie Foxtrot server will be open to the public tonight and tomorrow night for public play. As from the 1st post, we are a Team Vs Team (TvT or PvP) tournament. One of my personal aims is to change the mindset that all TvT is like Battlefield 2. PvP games can be hugely rewarding and Arma II has already proved to the guys at Charlie Foxtrot we can take it a step further.

Points of Interest:

1) The Server will be admined

2) Team Killers, Vehicle destroyers will be kicked

3) Please join TS for the best experience: ts.cfarma2.com:8768

4) Stick with your teammates

5) If you have problems understanding the Mission just ask in TS/ingame

6) Server settings will be on Veteran

Server Paramters

- Game lenght 3hr (you dont have to play it all :) )

- Veteran Mode

- Vehicles are Limited ( 5 jeeps & 2 helos)

- Vehicles are on a 5min respawn

- Player respawn in 40 seconds

Game Parameters/Functionallity

We have one large battlespace (1km x 1km) which is the focus of the fighting at any particular time. Points are given to your side for two things, being in the battlespace (called a Zulu on the map) & for killing enemy soldiers. You get 1 point for being in the zone and 10 points for killing an enemy soldier. In addition to this you get 1 point for killing an enemy outside the main Zulu. You also give the enemy 10 points if you die or suicide. These points are added to a team total every 2 minutes. Once 500 points has been reached by one side or other, the zulu moves forward or back depending on whether you were the winner or looser. The couter is reset and you fight in the new zulu. As a result the battle is dynamic.

It sounds quite complicated but its not. Stick with your teammates and they will guide you through the game.

I hope to see some of you join tonight & tomorrow.

Edited by Mickd

Hi Guys

Charlie Foxtrot will play out our second Scrim on Sunday 28th June 2009 @ 1800GMT/1300EST. This is an official Charlie Foxtrot event. As a result if you wanna join in sign up for an army today. Things get a little hectic just before battles/scrims so if you want to, please sign up early this afternoon. Just a few things:

- The server will be Passworded (noone not registered to the tournament can play, if your buddies wanna join, they have to register)

- Be on Teamspeak in your Company Channels

- Have your appropriate Company tags on i.e [RS] or [sI] followed by your unit, rank etc.

- Server will be on Expert (no 3rd person, no cross hairs etc.

Please be on the Server ready to go at 6GMT/1EST. We will not be waiting around for anyone, that includes our Ops Directors ;) . There is also a possibility that we may lock the server internally for the first 15minutes to allow the server to settle down.

Explanation of the basic Charlie Foxtrot Battle System

The gaming system is pretty simple. There are no real set objectives. This leads to a very open and flexible tactical approach for the Ops Directors. You get 1 point for being in the grey region (called a zulu) every 2 minutes. Thus is you have 30 people in the Zulu you get 30 points added to the Score Counter at the side of the island. More importantly you get 5 points for killing an enemy solider inside the grey zulu. As a result, if your squad is wiped out you give the enemy 15 points for 15 seconds work! You get 1 point for killing an enemy anywhere else outside the zulu. You gift the enemy points if you suicide, disconnect or kill yourself in a vehicle.

Once one side has gained 500 points through a combination of killing/occupation the Zulu will shift to the next in the enemies territories.

Hi Guys

Charlie Foxtrot will play out our second Scrim on Sunday 28th June 2009 @ 1800GMT/1300EST. This is an official Charlie Foxtrot event. As a result if you wanna join in sign up for an army today. Things get a little hectic just before battles/scrims so if you want to, please sign up early this afternoon. Just a few things:

- The server will be Passworded (noone not registered to the tournament can play, if your buddies wanna join, they have to register)

- Be on Teamspeak in your Company Channels

- Have your appropriate Company tags on i.e [RS] or [sI] followed by your unit, rank etc.

- Server will be on Expert (no 3rd person, no cross hairs etc.

Please be on the Server ready to go at 6GMT/1EST. We will not be waiting around for anyone, that includes our Ops Directors ;) . There is also a possibility that we may lock the server internally for the first 15minutes to allow the server to settle down.

Explanation of the basic Charlie Foxtrot Battle System

The gaming system is pretty simple. There are no real set objectives. This leads to a very open and flexible tactical approach for the Ops Directors. You get 1 point for being in the grey region (called a zulu) every 2 minutes. Thus is you have 30 people in the Zulu you get 30 points added to the Score Counter at the side of the island. More importantly you get 5 points for killing an enemy solider inside the grey zulu. As a result, if your squad is wiped out you give the enemy 15 points for 15 seconds work! You get 1 point for killing an enemy anywhere else outside the zulu. You gift the enemy points if you suicide, disconnect or kill yourself in a vehicle.

Once one side has gained 500 points through a combination of killing/occupation the Zulu will shift to the next in the enemies territories.

One small addition...

There is no add-on required for the Tournament or the Scrimm. You can come and play with vanilla(standard) ArmA2.

Charlie Foxtrot Scrim 3: Tonight at 6BST

Over the last week we have had a great deal of positive feedback on our PvP 120 Search & Destroy missions on our public servers. We have had upward of 80 people playing the game at times and most have been genuinely interested in trying out this mode.

If you want to experience this game mode as it was truly meant to be played (i.e with no deliberate FF, base destroyers etc) then sign up before the battle tonight at http://cfarma2.com

Interviews with the managing directors of each army are now up on the main site for those interested in finding out who is in charge of each army.

Shashka International being based in the eastern block is very difficult to get a hold of. However the ANN spent many resources hunting down its newly appointed Operations Director of Chernarus, Mr. Cross. You can read the very rare interview with the man at: http://cfarma2.com/?p=188

River Stone Inc is an American based company who recently acquired an airbase in Chernarus and are tasked with bringing an end to the corrupt SI. Mr.Wander was recently appointed the new Managing Director and gave an interview to the press before he set off with a small task force on his mission. You can read the interview at: http://cfarma2.com/?p=170

Our public server is seeing good use, tonight we had a record 95 players on with the server running fine!

Even though only about half of the players there were members of Charlie Foxtrot we had some really nice teamwork going on both sides, good job guys!

I will repeat the ground rules for all of our new players:

Points of Interest:

1) The Server will be admined

2) Team Killers, Vehicle destroyers will be kicked

3) Please join TS for the best experience: ts.cfarma2.com:8768

4) Stick with your teammates

5) If you have problems understanding the Mission just ask in TS/ingame

6) Server settings will be on Veteran

Server Paramters

- Game length per game 3hr (you dont have to play it all :) )

- Veteran Mode

- Vehicles are Limited

- Vehicles are on a 5min respawn

- Player respawn in 40 seconds

Game Parameters/Functionallity

We have one large battlespace (1km x 1km) which is the focus of the fighting at any particular time. Points are given to your side for two things, being in the battlespace (called a Zulu on the map) & for killing enemy soldiers. You get 1 point for being in the zone and 10 points for killing an enemy soldier. In addition to this you get 1 point for killing an enemy outside the main Zulu. You also give the enemy 10 points if you die or suicide. These points are added to a team total every 2 minutes. Once 500 points has been reached by one side or other, the zulu moves forward or back depending on whether you were the winner or looser. The counter is reset and you fight in the new zulu. As a result the battle is dynamic.

It sounds quite complicated but its not. Stick with your teammates and they will guide you through the game.

Now that IC Arma has been cancelled will CF move to saturday night?

I checked the FAQ and it does not give me a definate answer.

I have only one key question, what time is the actual tournament gameplay going to be. I might join up if it doesn't conflict with ATOW, but if it does, sorry, can't do that....

@ 1800GMT/1300EST
Battles run for 3 hours.

For the time being we are sticking to Sunday, more discussions are needed to determine the best day and time for the tournament. This isn't written in stone, so change to Saturday is possible, but will most likely change after the CF:B campaign.

Battles run for 3 hours.

For the time being we are sticking to Sunday, more discussions are needed to determine the best day and time for the tournament. This isn't written in stone, so change to Saturday is possible, but will most likely change after the CF:B campaign.

I would actually suggest that, as right now having them both on Sunday at that time period would cause some major split between the community. Some people would want to play at both ATOW and CF, and if they overlap the way they seem to right now, well that isn't going to end well for the community as a whole. It will just become a race between ATOW and CF to get more players, rather than them being able to be played side-by-side by the same people without interference. I would gladly come back to IC/CF if it wasn't interfering with ATOW, and I know of others who feel the same way.

For those interested in the journey taken so far in developing our server or just enjoy technical babble we have written a small article:

Technical Feature: Beta Development found at http://cfarma2.com/?p=195

Shashka International Poster: http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1370/siad2.jpg

Links updated to friendly URLs: http://cfarma2.com/index.php/2009/07/07/technical-feature-beta-development/

It is a New World Record!

numbers.png

numbers2.png

separate source:

numbers3.jpg

We can do 100 players stably, we haven't heard of anyone else even coming close.

So, if you want to play in a true war, large scale, commander generated objectives (not preselected by some admin someplace). CF is the place for you.

The only limit is what your army can come up with to do.

We have one large battlespace (1km x 1km)....

I don't know if you noticed it by now or not, but the zulu is much bigger than 1KM X 1KM (been like that since the first time I logged on your server as well as the last time I've been on it about a week ago), which imo turns the mission from something that could be fun into an endless marathon-run-search-for-enemies kind of thing. My fingers are hurting already from missions that make me run long distances, and I don't eve play Arma 2 as many hours a day as I used to play other games. Other than the finger pain, it's simply not fun, not interesting, and has no real tactics to run around in boredom in a huge area that doesn't have a lot of enemies.

An alternative to making a smaller zone is to make a "higher importance" zone (say, a town or 2 towns plus the area connecting them) inside the big zone, and presence in that "inner zone" will provide much higher score. That way you're fighting over the big area, but what you really want is to control the more important area. Why the area is important of course can be for any reason (town, fortification, "resources" or even just because it's high ground).

Also, vehicles are pretty useless in those missions due to the incredibly long time it takes to bring them to the mission, making vehicle usage simply not worth it.

You seem to have 40s respawn timer, yet the grand majority of the time is spent waiting for the helicopter to come pick you up. Not only it'd be a great improvement if the base wasn't so damn far away from the action, but also there is no need for a respawn delay if you already have a natural respawn delay in the form of travel time. Shorter times back in the action will also result in more players in the zone at a given time, which will result in bigger, more interesting battles.

I think you have a great thing going on here, but also think you should really work on tweaking the little things that are seriously hurting it.

Edited by galzohar

Thanks for the comment galzohar.

I don't know if you noticed it by now or not, but the zulu is much bigger than 1KM X 1KM (been like that since the first time I logged on your server as well as the last time I've been on it about a week ago),

its definitly a 1000 x 1000 trigger, i can tell you that. Someone else raised that point (it my have been you actually) but a 3rd party discounted it.

which imo turns the mission from something that could be fun into an endless marathon-run-search-for-enemies kind of thing. My fingers are hurting already from missions that make me run long distances, and I don't eve play Arma 2 as many hours a day as I used to play other games. Other than the finger pain, it's simply not fun, not interesting, and has no real tactics to run around in boredom in a huge area that doesn't have a lot of enemies.

I am sad you feel that way & i have to say i respectfully disagree. There are a huge number of regular players who appear to disagree with you also, players unaffiliated with our tournament who turn up (almost religiously) every night on our server. They seem to get a big kick out of it. If your not looking to run far, have access to lots of different weapons, i suggest you try the Berzerk Missions or the AAS missions which are being developed.

The most important thing that people overlook is that our mission isnt designed for public play. Its too open ended for that. However, in our touranment setting, its just about perfect. I seen you joined our website so maybe you will join one of our armies and taste the battle in an organised way. This gamemode requires a lot of discipline. The fact that we even play it open to the public is due to its apparent popularity which allows us to tweak the mission for the tournament but im being honest when i say that the public games are of little concern to us. This should not be misinterpreted as arrogance, its just we know what is best for our tournament and what we want to achieve.

I see you made comments about the 'endless marathon-run-search-for-enemies'. As an admin we can enable the map markers for both sides for admin duties during the tournament games. I turned it on last night and watched. One of the tournaments armies was training on the public game as a kind of live fire exercise. It was funny watching how they held their ground and it was the mixed public side who ran around chasing the enemies. I could see that as the OPFOR made noise, the public playeres were being attracted to it. However, instead of taking their time, they took the fastest, shortest route. Unfortunately, i never got to see the end results of the the impending engagement as i had to go out.

An alternative to making a smaller zone is to make a "higher importance" zone (say, a town or 2 towns plus the area connecting them) inside the big zone, and presence in that "inner zone" will provide much higher score. That way you're fighting over the big area, but what you really want is to control the more important area. Why the area is important of course can be for any reason (town, fortification, "resources" or even just because it's high ground).

What you are overlooking is our aim for the tournament. We played just like you said in our IC-ArmA (for ArmA) for a while. I bet that if you asked all IC-ArmA and Charlie Foxtrot veterans which they prefer, i wuld be confident they would select the mission you have tested.

Having said that, what you are suggesting would be good (im not saying better) for public games. The reasons for this are obvious, simple objectives, centralise the fight. However, that is not what we are trying to do. We use our public server to test map functionallity for the tournament. I have other variations of map modes (one of which is quite similar to yours) which we might put forward for development in the futures. However, these are secondary to the tournament and would be done on a time-resources budget.

From a gameplay point of view, by adding higher points for a smaller zone centralises the fight which is what your aim is. I do understand why that is the case. We followed that line of thought right up until we stopped IC-ArmA and began Charlie Foxtrot. We have come to realise that by by doing that you limit the strategic thought from the map & thus the tournament. You could argue however that this will be absent from any public game and you would be largely correct. As i have said before, this mode isnt intended for general public consumption, its just kind of turned out to be popular (which we are happy about).

Also, vehicles are pretty useless in those missions due to the incredibly long time it takes to bring them to the mission, making vehicle usage simply not worth it.

I would completely disagree with you. In our tournament, i have seen absolutely fantastic use of those vehicles. I have seen some use in the public games too, but to a much more minor degree. Perhaps if people didnt just ride them into battle into a hot zone and expect to survive then you might see better results. I do understand that public players have the tendancy to do that.

You seem to have 40s respawn timer, yet the grand majority of the time is spent waiting for the helicopter to come pick you up. Not only it'd be a great improvement if the base wasn't so damn far away from the action, but also there is no need for a respawn delay if you already have a natural respawn delay in the form of travel time. Shorter times back in the action will also result in more players in the zone at a given time, which will result in bigger, more interesting battles.

We have our reasons for the spawn timer and its actually 60 seconds.

I think you have a great thing going on here, but also think you should really work on tweaking the little things that are seriously hurting it.

Well you misunderstand our aim for it. As i have stated, this mode is not for general public consumption, its just kind of became popular. None of our players complain about the map for the tournament which is our only real concern. The public games are a pleasent side show to our main operation.

Since you have joined up to the website, i hope you join an army to play the actual battles.

Sunday 16th August 2009 will see the onset of the Charlie Foxtrot Beta Campaign.

A beta campaign is a series of battles to test out campaign infrastructure such as Battle selection. In addition to this this new equipment will be tested out. Over the past few weeks we have seen good server stability and we have developed a format which works well.

CF-ArmA2 Beta Campaign Battle 1 Information

Date: Sunday 16th August 2009

Time: 1700 BST (1200 EST)

Slots: 105 (50v50 plus 5 admin)

Artillery: Mortars Available

These battles are only open to registered Charlie Foxtrot members. To take part, please register with the forums and visit the 'Join Your Army' forums.

And so it begins.

Happy Hunting.

Sunday 23rd of August 2009 will see the second battle of the Charlie Foxtrot Beta Campaign. Beta Battle 1 was a very close affair. Initally the SI captured Zulu 2 and advanced into the RS held Zulu 1. However, the RS were able to counter attack sin Session 2 and capture Zulu 1. Thus the battle finished as a stalemate. As a result of this neither side gained the initiative and therefore the Battle switches to the next front by default. Here is the inportant information:

CF-ArmA2 Beta Campaign Battle 2 Information

Date: Sunday 23rd August 2009

Session 1: 1700-1900BST (1200-1400EST)

Session 2: 1930-2130BST (1430-1630EST)

Slots: 105 (50v50 plus 5 admin)

In-Game Time: Session 1, 0000 & Session 2, 0500

Starting Area: Eastern Front, Zulu 2

Weapons Loadout: Standard

Vehicle Loadout: Standard

Artillary Loadout: Mortars Available

These battles are only open to registered Charlie Foxtrot members. To take part, please register with the forums and vist the 'Join Your Army' forums below.

To Join In

Please register at http://cfarma2.com

Sunday 30th of August 2009 will see the third battle of the Charlie Foxtrot Beta Campaign. Battle 2 was an interesting affair. In Session 1 the RS took control of Zulu 2, forcing the SI into their own territory However, the SI were able to counter attack and take control of Zulu 2 before the session ended, leveling the game. The SI continued this momentum after the interval. Over the course of the battle the SI pushed the RS back to Zulu 0 and held there until the end of the battle. As a result the SI gained the iniative and have the right to choose where the battle takes place this week. Here is the inportant information and other details:

CF-ArmA2 Beta Campaign Battle 3 Information

Date: Sunday 30th August 2009

Session 1: 1700-1900BST (1200-1400EST)

Session 2: 1930-2130BST (1430-1630EST)

Slots: 105 (50v50 plus 5 admin) - This is subject to change to 115, keep an eye out

In-Game Time: Session 1, 1200 & Session 2, 1700

Starting Area: Western Front, Zulu 2

Artillary Loadout: Mortars Available

These battles are only open to registered Charlie Foxtrot members. To take part, please register with the forums and vist the 'Join Your Army' forums below.

To Join In

Please register at http://cfarma2.com

Questions?

Please ask below.

Sunday 6th of September 2009 will see the fourth battle of the Charlie Foxtrot Beta Campaign. Battle 3 seen the RS recover from a crushing defeat in Battle 2. As a result they have chosen to return to the Eastern Front to try and reclaim lost ground. In recent weeks we have seen the growth and addition of a new aspect to the Charlie Foxtrot Experience. This new experience is built around civilian interaction in the active zulu. The civilians are played by the admins and have already led to some interesting situations such as intel gathering, civilian uprisings, soldiers catching the civilian driven bus and not to forget 'Ol Farmer Mickds Tractor'. Who knows what will happen this week! The addition of active, human civilians is aimed at delivering a more immersive experience and one which no other PvP tournament can offer. Important Information and other details:

CF-ArmA2 Beta Campaign Battle 4 Information

Date: Sunday 6th September 2009

Battle Start: 1800BST/1300EST

Battle End: 2100BST/1600EST

Slots: 115 (55v55 plus 5 admin)

In-Game Time: 0000

Starting Area: Eastern Front, Zulu 0

Artillery Loadout: Mortars Available

Civilians Populous: Friendly to both sides, unless other wise directed

Please signal your Battle Availabilty in the appropriate threads to help your commanders plan for Battle:

SI Sign In: http://cfarma2.com/forums/si-barracks/mandatory-weekly-sign-in/

RS Sign In: http://cfarma2.com/forums/newemployees/sign-in-sheet/

Questions?

Please ask below or check out the Charlie Foxtrot forums.

Sunday 13th of September 2009 will see the Fifth battle of the Charlie Foxtrot Beta Campaign. Battle 4 saw a very interesting battle with the RS starting at their home zulu on the Eastern Front. In addition to this, Charlie Foxtrot had a 3hr battle with well over 90 people for the majoirty, peaking at around 102. We hope that with the Summer Holidays now over and the coming of the Autumn (The Fall), our numbers will be increased even further.

The RS were quickly able to reclaim Zulu 0 outside their main base. However the SI counter attacked recapturing their prize in very quick time. It all came down to the last 40 minutes. The scores were very close and the SI just edged it in the last 5 minute, a very exciting end to the battle. As a result, the SI have the Initative for this week and have the right to choose which front to fight on. Please read the whole post as there is some important information and other details which we wouldnt want you to miss:

CF-ArmA2 Beta Campaign Battle 5 Information

Date: Sunday 13th September 2009

Battle Start: 1800BST/1300EST

Battle End: 2100BST/1600EST

Slots: 115 (55v55 plus 5 admin)

In-Game Time: 0500-0800

Starting Area: Coastal Front, Zulu 2

Artillary Loadout: Standard

Civilians Populous: Friendly to both sides, unless other wise directed

Important Changes to the Missions

To be added for Papa Version:

1 x Land_Fort_Watchtower

1 x Land_fortified_nest_big

2 x Land_fortified_nest_small

These should be enough structures to fortify a decent sized area and can be viewed here: http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/Objects/fortifications/

These structures are to be deployable by 5 existing slots per side and can only be riflemen. They can are to be deployable from the 3 Hummers/Vodniks. The menu should only be accessible after 2.5 minutes, so if you deploy one object, you wont be able to for another 2.5minutes. This is to simulate a 'building' period. Anyone who used the TOW pods, AA Pods, MGs in IC-ArmA will be framiliar with how this works. Anyone from CF who has used the Mortar on our Battle Map, the same principle applies.

Civillian Intelligance & Activity

As many of you know we have been developing a new aspect to the tournament regarding Civilians. In this case there are civillians played by the admin staff. This offers a layer of immersion, but also gives the admins staff something to do and have a bit of fun with.

Questions?

Please ask below.