Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Apache v1.1 for ArmA 2 has been released!

Guest RKSL-Rock
The problem isn't the heat, it's the altitude. As such, it's not just about the engines, but the span of the rotors, etc. Even CH-47s are limited in Afghanistan due to altitude.

One of the reasons the AH-64 has stuck with the GE T700 engines is to maintain commonality with existing equipment. The UH-60 also uses a derivative of the T700 engine. In addition, the latest T700 series which power the UH-60M (and Block III AH-64Ds), bring the power up to 2,000shp (1,490kW).

Also, the radar has limited usefulness if you're not hunting armored vehicles.

Its a combination of both heat and alt. The air density is much lower making the rotors less effective. Cold and High is hard to fly in but hot and high is worse.

As for the radar. Its proved incredibly useful in AbFAC (Airbourne Forward Air Control) roles, which has been made possible by the British IHADS system. This means UK WAH1s can now orbit safely - or at least safer than US Apaches - at altitude and act as area controllers for all air assets in support of the ground forces. Its a feature that's well documented in Ed Macy's Apache book and a few others.

The engine issue is going to be interesting it affects most of the US Army's rotary wing fleet. As Franze rightly says the commonality between the AH-64 and UH-60 engines is a major factor for the US army. They wont buy the Rolls Royce engine for political reasons so they are forced to develop a new one. Which is why a lot of people in the defence industry are watching the progress closely. Its going to be interesting to see if they ever deliver an engine as powerful and reliable as the Rolls Royce setup.

the best thing is make a map (example) @apache and in that map a map named addons and there you put you`re files in.

And don`t forgot to change youre shortcut : (example)

"C:\games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"-mod=@apache

Ok thanks, turns out I just hadn't copied the pbo file when i thought I had. Next problem, I'm using a script that spawns a cobra on a radio trigger so that it can fly to the player and kill stuff in his general vicinity. This works great except that if I replace the Helo1 = createVehicle ["ah-1z" withHelo1 = createVehicle ["PMC_AH64_closesupport" the apache appears and then falls out of the sky...

...is this because the pilots are USMC and so not the same faction as the vehicle?

Edited by TechnoTerrorist303

Ok upon request from Snake Man, here is the correct Load-Outs:

Load Alpha- 1,160 rounds of 30mm from M230 Cannon and 16 Hellfire missiles.

Load Bravo- 1,160 rounds of 30mm from M230 Cannon and 76 Flechette rockets.

Load Charlie- 1,160 rounds of 30mm from M230 Cannon and 76 HEISAP rockets.

Load Delta- 1,160 rounds of 30mm from M230 Cannon and 38 Flechette rockets and 38 HEISAP rockets.

Load Echo- 1,160 rounds of 30mm from M230 Cannon and 8 Hellfire missiles and 38 HEISAP rockets.

Load Foxtrot- 1,160 rounds of 30mm from M230 Cannon and 8 Hellfire Misiles and 19 HEISAP rockets and 19 Flechette rockets.

Now I will explain each of the Loads.

Load Alpha: This is a very specific load for facing a lot of Heavy Armor, with the Hellfire being able to defeat every type of known armor it is therefore the best load on a pre-planned mission to destroy an enemy Armor Convoy. However, this load is not advised if no knowledge of the enemy forces is given.

Load Bravo- Flechette rockets are anti-personell rockets but also effective against soft-skin vehicles such as jeeps and trucks. This load-out is very effective at destroying an enemy supply convoy or infantry scouting/raiding party. However, against Heavy Armor this load-out may be found lacking.

Load Charlie- HEISAP rockets are best used against buildings, Lightly armored APC's and ships. This load is best used on specific missions to target enemy Forward Operating Bases (FOB) but it is also able to adapt against a variable enemy force, as the cannon will still be able to take care of the infantry.

Load Delta- This is truly a load-out for those who wish to attack enemy FOB's or convoys, but do not know what the enemy strength is. The Flechette gives you the ability to take out fast moving and lightly armored targets, while the HEISAP's allow you to destroy buildings where enemies are taking cover and destroy armored reinforcements.

Load Echo- This is the true anti-armor load-out. This is for the gunner who knows his missions is to take out a large enemy armor column. The HEISAP rockets allow you to not waste precious Hellfire's on light armored APC's and let them be used sparingly on Heavy Armor in the form of tanks. This load-out is best used by more than one Apache working together.

Load Foxtrot- The Multi-Role load-out. Nothing is sacrificed in this load-out, with the ability to take on any force at any given moment. While it does not give the same specific punch as some of the other load-outs, this one allows you to go on a raiding or assault mission prepared for anything and leaving the enemy nowhere to run or hide. With a Squadron of 4 Apaches in an assault this load-out can be used to demolish an enemy battalion many times the size.

Now, I know this is complicated and Snake Man may choose not to bother but if you are willing then this will give players the most authentic experience for using the Apache. If you need me to clarify anything then please just leave a message here, on my thread or send me a private message.

Thanks

Any plans on adding a MapFacts style greyscale FLIR to it? That is the ONE thing that made me use the MAPFACTS AH-64 in the first ArmA as it looked vastly more realistic in ArmA movies and screenshots.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Can i use the addon on the steam version like on the box version?

I would actually appreciate it if someone made an actual Apache LONGBOW <-- (Read, LONGBOW) version.

Yeah, me too.

You really think that this model is good?

No. I don't really understand why you ask this, or do you mean that I somewhere state that this is good model?

What is of interest to convert the model of the OFP in Arma 2?

Because I wanted to fly Apache in ArmA 2 and there is several people who liked the ArmA port.

<insert the russian rant here>

Well thank you, I now much more understand the nature of your average russian dude, its shame to see my street view prejudice come true here in forums too.

what are you argueing about ? visual quality of this addon is awfull - it's crappy ofp port. and that's a fact. i can't really name it an addon - cause prting from arma 1 is piece of cake. i hope there'll be better conersions soon ( asa binarization will come out)

How would binarization change the quality of the addon?

Oh and did you bother to check out to see that this addon is binarized and signed?

i can tell you that any arma addon can be converted in arma in 10 minutes.

Okay, cool. How many addons have you ported in 10 minutes? :)

Ok upon request from Snake Man, here is the correct Load-Outs:

Load Alpha- 1,160 rounds of 30mm from M230 Cannon and 16 Hellfire missiles.

Load Bravo- 1,160 rounds of 30mm from M230 Cannon and 76 Flechette rockets.

Load Charlie- 1,160 rounds of 30mm from M230 Cannon and 76 HEISAP rockets.

Load Delta- 1,160 rounds of 30mm from M230 Cannon and 38 Flechette rockets and 38 HEISAP rockets.

Load Echo- 1,160 rounds of 30mm from M230 Cannon and 8 Hellfire missiles and 38 HEISAP rockets.

Load Foxtrot- 1,160 rounds of 30mm from M230 Cannon and 8 Hellfire Misiles and 19 HEISAP rockets and 19 Flechette rockets.

Thanks for that accurate loadout info.

I'm a dumbass so I have to ask, is this anyhow limited to UK forces, or does US Army use this precise same loadout?

Also the existing addon uses pretty much the Alpha, Bravo and Echo loadouts, so I'm definitely willing to add those missing loadouts.

Anyways as said, EagleSniper, your feedback is very very much appreciated and I thank you for that. I would be very happy if you and I could refine the next release to be best possible (loadout) representation of Apache in ArmA / ArmA 2 :)

Any plans on adding a MapFacts style greyscale FLIR to it? That is the ONE thing that made me use the MAPFACTS AH-64 in the first ArmA as it looked vastly more realistic in ArmA movies and screenshots.

No, in regards that I haven't got the slightest clue how to make one.

Do you know any tutorials or someone who could teach me how to do that?

Also if it drives this simple & super high performance MP compatible addon into some script monster, then I am definitely not interested :)

Altough I have nothing against some cool FLIR image/view thing, but not with cost of FPS or broken MP etc.

Can i use the addon on the steam version like on the box version?

No idea as I never used any steam/digital downloads. All I've heard is; yes, you can use addons with that version. Its not question about this or any other addon really, its question about the steam/whatever download.

I want to thank everyone for feedback, much of it was disgust of old model in ArmA 2, but I didn't ever expect the reds to attack like in cold war hehe, but hey what can you expect from them anyways. Naysayers, thanks for posting what was expected, anyone who liked it, I'm very happy that you like it and those who wanted me to improve this, I'll do my best to do that within the limits of the "scope" of this addon.

No those load out's are NOT limited to the UK forces, US forces use them as well and I'm willing to bet that any major player in the AH-64 market does too.