=Spetsnaz=

ArmA II Photography I: Questions. Comments & Discussion

@sarge4267: If you want to create a realistic muzzle flash, don´t make one at all, or make it so bright that you can only see it in darkness. You can´t see the muzzle flash in daylight in a modern assault rifle.

In darkness, the muzzle flash appears like a quick burst of sparks from most rifles.

Ok thanks for the constructive criticism ;)

YES! Shnaps is back!

Back to making more awesome units I see. Totally can't wait for what you make next.

P.S. Sabrez- That choco chip pattern you got going with those takistani troops looks perfect. Seriously consider releasing those, they look stunning!

They are only a background project, like all the retextures I stuff around with, so I have no idea when they are going to be 'done'.

Sabre, your "background projects" are fucking awesome.

You should make a thread, Sabres "Background Projects"

Edited by Enad

Sabre, your "background projects" are fucking awesome.

You should make a thread, Sabres "Background Projects"

This right here.

Dunno was getting hurt by something in the editor, didn't bother to change it.

Not much blood for someone who has been shot '3+ times'.

IF you have to just pretend he cut himself on some rocks and hasn't been able to change his uniform yet.

@DaveP- Looks like you just edited the shot more than usual.

A new graphics card will do nothing for your visuals, it will just make you able to play at higher settings, indirectly making your game look better.

Edited by Enad

@Pauld- Looks like you just edited the shot more than usual.

A new graphics card will do nothing for your visuals, it will just make you able to play at higher settings, indirectly making your game look better.

Say what now? O_o

What I'm saying is a new graphics card isnt gonna magically make your game look better, it might let you run the game at a higher res or settings, indirectly making your game look better.

Ops. That was meant to go to DaveP. :P

I'll edit the first post.

What I'm saying is a new graphics card isnt gonna magically make your game look better, it might let you run the game at a higher res or settings, indirectly making your game look better.

Ops. That was meant to go to DaveP. :P

I'll edit the first post.

Better anistropic filtering and detail settings means you can see higher resolution textures at a further distance and at an obscured angle, higher shadow detail means slightly less blobby blurs of shadows (although still not brilliant)

compare similarly edited photo from a while back:

arma2oa2010091921025583.jpg

arma2oa2010093023065134.jpg

Since I never 'bump up' my settings to take photos (almost always take them during operations and the like) It's pretty important that I've got a playable level of FPS so I don't just get killed (although it can lead to some neat pigeon shots like my last couple posts)

Admittedly, the fact that the photos have to be shrunk down does detract from the intended outcome, but it's a subtle difference that pushes up the overall outcome of the shot

Also means I've finally got the horsepower to do video with a decent level of quality

DaveP, what kind of vid card did you get?

Abs

@DaveP

very nice shots! I think you lowered gamma (0.6-0.75) to get better contrast. How do you get the color effect (color effect modul?) and the blurry shadow corona?

Edited by JumpingHubert

@DaveP

very nice shots! I think you lowered gamma (0.6-0.75) to get better contrast. How do you get the color effect (color effect modul?) and the blurry shadow corona?

Nope,

I admire those that can do clever stuff like that in game, and I'm going to give it a go myself, but this colouring was all done in post in Photoshop (for photos) and After Effects (for video)

The really neat thing in after effects is you can now directly import all your adjustment layers and the like and directly apply them to your video

Is that a pile of shite between the UN bloke's legs?

It seems that he had a bit of a period, but looking at the photo I think 'he shat himself' has the same impact

Was a great mission in all, really intense

Nice picture, but a bit anachronistic. The GPKs weren't in service in 2003, if I recall correctly.