=Spetsnaz=

ArmA II Photography I: Questions. Comments & Discussion

How do you guys keep your photos under 100kb? I use photoshop and save them as JPEGs with medium quality, but still not small enough. Also what image hosting websites do you use?

Edited by Spork

Hey Thanks, TankCommander,

I hoped someone would enjoy it ! Since I have found ARMA, I can finally put aside those "other games". :D

@thread,

Great pictures, fellas. Hope you dont mind, I have saved a lot of them. :popcornsmilie:

@spork,

I just saw your post as I was entering mine, Here is an table that will help you with the measuring. http://www.matisse.net/bitcalc/.

As far as size, you just have to resize, or compress them more. I do mine in Photoshop, and host with imageshack.

Edited by BattleDonkey

How do you guys keep your photos under 100kb? I use photoshop and save them as JPEGs with medium quality, but still not small enough. Also what image hosting websites do you use?

If you use save for web instead of save as, you can preview your final output quality and see the estimated file size before you save it.

Also make sure to resize your pics; I always resize to 1000px horizontal resolution then compress from there, and upload to imageshack without any resize settings selected

Better anistropic filtering and detail settings means you can see higher resolution textures at a further distance and at an obscured angle, higher shadow detail means slightly less blobby blurs of shadows (although still not brilliant)

compare similarly edited photo from a while back:

arma2oa2010093023065134.jpg

[...]

Also means I've finally got the horsepower to do video with a decent level of quality

Wonderfull shot ! What mod/addon did you use while taking the above picture ?

Another option to reduce file size is to cut your image in half and then post the two pics together. These forums allow for that and it means you can keep the quality and size up nicely.

I still think the size limit should be increased to 200Kb's. Doubt anyone playing this game still has 56K dialup...

Wonderfull shot ! What mod/addon did you use while taking the above picture ?

Stalkergb's infantry (config modded for volcbat use), pukf weapons pack, arrowhead...

And about 3 years photography experience and 10 years of Photoshop! (Christ that feels old to say)

Man Schnap that unit looks awesome as hell! Keep it up, can't wait for release!! :D

@Black1ron

It says right in his post what addon it is: Personal edit of Jonny's units.

(and you commented in the pictures-only thread) ;)

God damn it sabre!!! you are such a bloody tease! haha...

Sabre, if you don't give us those units, I am going to find where you live, and write you an angry letter...

God damn it sabre!!! you are such a bloody tease! haha...
Sabre, if you don't give us those units, I am going to find where you live, and write you an angry letter...

+1

You really need to start a thread for your "background projects".

Just like sv5000 and his personal vehicle retexes, I have long ago learned to ignore any pictures Sabre posts.

I see them as this now:

Windows_9X_BSOD.png

Don't be hatin.

I'm getting a hand with the other parts of them, but they are my 'background project's' and the person who is helping's to, so progress is slow.

Schnapsdrosel, I love how you post that picture on today of all days. Congrats :thumbsup:

i second this motion. :rolleyes:

Schnaps that is so awesome looking, can't wait for release! Will go along perfectly with BIS's new DLC.

does this aa12 shoot super-epic-exploding-shells of 40mm 203 launch reblman doom-ness?

hey Rommel, that picture you posted looks great with that tilt-shift effect. could you post a link to it with 1680x1050 res? it would make a great wall paper.

arma2oa2010101617375239.jpg

Wow Schnapsdrosel, thats so awesome!

Gimmeh!

Can't wait for them to be done! :D