=Spetsnaz=

ArmA II Photography I: Questions. Comments & Discussion

@M@ster: Where do the rucksack come from? Part of model or an inventory item? Looks like a generic model, but in BoneBoys his soldier isn't carrying a molle.

@BoneBoys: Damn that's some effective camoflage going!!

@Carl

The rucksack is built into some USMC models, the Corpsman have the VTAC RUSH Backpacks I know that, and the AR have the Arc Teryx Charlie Pack. I believe.

Rgr that, thx. Kind of dissappointed though. I was hoping for a lot more flexible rucksack/radio system, even if the functions had to be scripted.

No radio then I assume?...

Whoa, leehy! That third image is absolutely photorealistic! :eek:

EDIT: Taking a closer look at that pic, especially the inner corners of the house. Is that Arma2's mythical "hemispheric lighting" in action? Looks like some kind of advanced ambient light-mapping.

Edited by MadDogX

Not that I know of, I haven't seen any RTO's yet unfortunately :(.

Saw Rommel's pix, are heli and fighter pilots still the same?

I never understood why they made pilots for the camel (in Arma 1) while the helicopter and fighter pilots were the same, strange priorities..

Saw Rommel's pix, are heli and fighter pilots still the same?

I never understood why they made pilots for the camel (in Arma 1) while the helicopter and fighter pilots were the same, strange priorities..

My guess is that the camel plane and the pilot were made by someone applying for a job at BIS. It was a way to show BIS what he could do. I could be wrong, though it would make sense.

And yes, the pilots are the same no matter aircraft.

Edited by Llauma

I believe one of the team members is a WWI aficionado and made it himself for the game. Was in OFP as the only "official" BIS addon, and was included in ArmA and, so I've heard, Arma 2 as standard.

Whoa, leehy! That third image is absolutely photorealistic! :eek:

EDIT: Taking a closer look at that pic, especially the inner corners of the house. Is that Arma2's mythical "hemispheric lighting" in action? Looks like some kind of advanced ambient light-mapping.

Thanks. It very similar to crysis SSAO applied. But Arma2 look I feel like a 3d shadow

Woow Leehy, that harrier pic looks damn good. Thumbs up for the pics.

Commander, the dogs and cows are scaring me. I have a feeling we will loose the fight if those come at us.

Newb here. I hope I can still make requests, though. :P

I would love a 1080P screenie with all max settings of a harrier on the ground. I have seen similar, but none are big enough! :D Will give virtual cookies!

You make some nice shots there SMERSH :D

And every once else too

Can anybody explain to me why I don't see SMERSHs shots? Actually I've nothing running that should block images no matter which format. I also don't see a "red X" or what ever. It's just an empty post I see.