Sign in to follow this  
Dreepa

How to disable HDR?

Hey,

I am really getting headaches from that lighing up and darkening again when you move your view around.

Is there anyway to disable it?

Thanx

Nope.

You sure that's what's causing your headaches? Not the head bobbing or motion blur?

Head bobbing got REALLY annoying so i took it down to like 15% looks more natural now.

Nope.

You sure that's what's causing your headaches? Not the head bobbing or motion blur?

Dear Dreepa,

Could you know how to disable the motion blur ... I got headaches too...:butbut:

You can't disable motion blur.

Lowering your graphics settings will reduce it to a disabled form..

Motion blur is there to 'cover up' a low framerate. As the FPS goes up, the motion blur becomes less apparent.

Motion blur is there to 'cover up' a low framerate. As the FPS goes up, the motion blur becomes less apparent.

My pc is so Poor ...

AMD 6000+

8800 GTX

4GB DDR 2

not easy to aim enemy

I got it all turned down...

What is killing my eyes is the overdone HDR: Its really a bit much. I cant remember being outside in the forrest and as soon as I looked into the direction of the sun I went blind. Or looking back into the mud making me see everthing dark.

Its a bit realistic if you were in a dark room for a while and come out to the sun... or vice versa, when you were alot outside in the sun and enter a dark room its hard to spot stuff.

But with this HDR ist just bulls*&$t

I'm also searching for some solution to turn that off, I can't believe they used HDR lighting again... this was my worst nightmare in ArmA. And not just on night time missions or in forests. I just hope ppl with moding or scripting skills can make an addon to get rid of that unrealistic effect.

HDR is petty good this time...i think its the overdone bloom you are talking about. Try Kegety's Mod...it's much more enjoyable then :D

As garack said, download Kegety's noblur mod, and you can disable the motion blur & bloom. Improved my performance tremendously.

Hey,

I am really getting headaches from that lighing up and darkening again when you move your view around.

Is there anyway to disable it?

Thanx

Headaches?? You know to take breaks every 40 minutes right? :p

In the config file, there is a setting for HDR precision. I'm not sure what that means or does, but you could try playing with that setting and maybe put it at 1 or 0 to disable or atleast turn it way down. Mine is default 8.

Or it may do nothing, idk.

What about multiplayer when modding? Does it work?

In the config file, try setting HDRPrecision=16;

I used this for Arma1 and again for Arma2 and it seems to help reduce the extreme light to dark to light to dark to light to dark to light to dark... yah, I am not a fan of the HDR effects.

For Arma1, setting of 16 was supposedly going to give you a small hit in performance. But I never noticed it. Even if it did, I didn't care because it made the game more enjoyable and less agrivating.