Sign in to follow this  
bloodbomb

Aussie/New Zealand servers...my one reservation..

The one thing thats making me a little worried with this game is the prospect of having no decent servers.

You can have all the AI bots and graphics and awesomeness in the world but if there are no local servers then none of its worth shit.

ArmA looked awesome but I could never play it as no one seemed to give a shit about it in AUS/NZ and I couldn't even buy it.

So...my question is what do you think the likelihood of there being decent AUS/NZ servers is?

Whats the likelihood of it even being retailed in Australasia at all? Come on Bohemia...someone let us know whats going on...I know for sure if you pushed this game in Australasia you'd get massive sales, theres heaps of us here really hanging out for a good milsim, and we dont want Dragon Rising!!

there were GSA and OGN servers for arma1 which were populated everyday, and you can buy arma1 all over the place in aus.

as for arma2, there are already GSA and OGN servers up for it as well, and BI have already stated that the release date for AUS is something like July 9th (cant remember exactly). thats just for aus stores, you can still order/download the game from many places.

not really sure what your on about tbh...

there were GSA and OGN servers for arma1 which were populated everyday, and you can buy arma1 all over the place in aus.

as for arma2, there are already GSA and OGN servers up for it as well, and BI have already stated that the release date for AUS is something like July 9th (cant remember exactly). thats just for aus stores, you can still order/download the game from many places.

not really sure what your on about tbh...

I was about to say the same thing. My advice is to look out for the BigD forums. Its a forum for players on the GSA servers. They predominantly play PR, but I know a whole lot of the guys are going to be playing Arma 2 the minute its ready to go hee in Aus.

Just google em.

How do you set up the server??? Is it Linux or Windows?

GamingSA, OGN and Internode have always supported the ArmA games.

How do you set up the server??? Is it Linux or Windows?

Windows

:arma

cd C:\Games\ArmA2
C:\Games\ArmA2\arma2.exe -server -config=ArmA2.cfg -profiles=C:\Games\ArmA2 -name=GOD -port=2702 -netlog

goto arma

Edited by Aussie Dave

Thanks for information. One more question have you only upload the DVD files? Someone tell me, that the provider must installed the game on the root.

Edited by Ledruz

[sCU] clan will have a 24/7 New Zealand/ Aussie server up very soon. In the meantime the good folk at OGN are hosting aswell.

SCU Clan Drop by our forums and say hi.

sqdlogwo.jpg

We've had a ArmA2 server up at OGN for a week now :)

The lads are getting exited for the Aussie release. Our forums below

http://forums.ogn.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=886

[sCU] clan will have a 24/7 New Zealand/ Aussie server up very soon. In the meantime the good folk at OGN are hosting aswell.

SCU Clan Drop by our forums and say hi.

sqdlogwo.jpg

Good shit! Nice work guys that makes me a feel a lot more confident in buying...might have to find me a clan if theres some going...cheers for the reply guys just what I wanted to hear....

Au/NZ have always been here, even though press coverage hasn't

As stated above servers already up = Aussies understand German:)

Check GameTracker HERE

Another Aussie here who played on Australian and New Zealand servers. I admit I did have dificulty finding servers and help in that regard would be VERY much appreciated. We need more players... Conscript your friends!

The thing about ArmA series, is that PING has little effect for MP games.

I would recommend 300 PING or less for this game.

Another Aussie here who played on Australian and New Zealand servers. I admit I did have dificulty finding servers and help in that regard would be VERY much appreciated. We need more players... Conscript your friends!

Oh I am dont worry

I try, but most of my friends have either a shitty graphics card that won't run the game, don't have a good PC or don't have a PC at all.

I keep pushing one of my mates to buy a 9800GT for $100 with COD4 and COD5, but he's an idiot which can't see a good deal if his life depended on it.

Not sure why you'd have problems finding the Aussie Servers, Aussie Dave and myself have had ArmA1 servers since it was first released. Plus OGN had an OFP server since 2002. Anyhow look forward to seeing you in game.. No excuses now..lol

I try, but most of my friends have either a shitty graphics card that won't run the game, don't have a good PC or don't have a PC at all.

I keep pushing one of my mates to buy a 9800GT for $100 with COD4 and COD5, but he's an idiot which can't see a good deal if his life depended on it.

man that is a good deal, where is this deal from?

So...my question is what do you think the likelihood of there being decent AUS/NZ servers is?

oohh myy llooorrrrdddddddd you stink of n00biness :)

we have ALOT of incredibly awesome Aussie/Kiwi servers with great pings, great communites (quite large too) and everyone knows everyone i've found.

You won't have any problems finding a good aussie/kiwi game :yay::bounce3:

Guys, We have Gamespace|01 ARMA2 1.02 up and in English!

Check your game browser!

Good shit! Nice work guys that makes me a feel a lot more confident in buying...might have to find me a clan if theres some going...cheers for the reply guys just what I wanted to hear....

Their are War games and Clan Games going on at OGN most weekends....

Usually you will find alot going on at OGN and GSA Servers.

You will also find that the Australia servers are monitored very closely plus you will find that their are Game admins on all the time to keep the peace.

Right now OGN is running

1 x ArmA II server

2 x ArmA 1 servers.

Soon this will change and will be running 3 x ArmA II servers depending on the outcome of the Aussie release.

Games that OGN play are usually

CTF = Capture the Flag PvP

Coop = Co Operations team play

CTI = Capture the island = PvP or Coop[PvAI]

WF = Warfare

plus their other type of mission aswell like DM TDM D&H etc..

OGN also holds major Clan Wars once every year plus small Wars in between so you will find clans in OGN or GSA all you need to do is to keep an eye on the Forums and check out the ppl Logos.

The Communication for ArmA and ArmA II in Australia are very strong especially at OGN as we have the Community login to TeamSpeak 2 every night and day of the week so if you have any problems or looking for information I'm sure the aussie boys will help you out in any direction you want to go....just check the OGN ArmA forum for information you need for address etc....

Main Aussie admins if you need more information are

OGN=DarkPhantom and Aussie

GSA=Aussie Dave

These people are well experience and have been playing BIS games and Servers for many many Years

Edited by [OGN]DarkPhantom

NZARMA has 2 servers up in 1.01 until the site owner gets back from the US in a week and a half, we will usually play whatever is in high demand or custom missions

Seeing as its Plug day:yay: and agree with all the above

AEF Gaming Community will continue with the server transition from current Arma to Arma II.

Check HERE

So there will never be a shortage, also include a comeback from GameArena.

@Gamespace maybe we might see some Ladder action ;)

Lol AEF SnR spruking:eek:

As you can see The land from downunder be Arma'd 2 bare!

A few of the different groups even mix it up by joining up for joint ops coop nights! Good nights these! and good people. Best thing about arma is it's ability to bore and frustrate the wasters and only leave the top shelf:bounce3: