Sign in to follow this  
LAW Airborne82

does anybody use a XBOX 360 controller for German PC version yet?

Hi all,did anybody use a XBOX 360 controller for German PC version yet? and if you do, how easy is it to set to work with the game, I have the first ARMA game for the PC and it was very difficult to use the XBOX 360 controller with it, I even tried using a download from some gameing site to assist but it still wasnt that good. and look I'm not asking for someone to tell me to use amouse and keyboard because its better you may be right, but I have a laptop and perfer a xbox360 controller thanks for postive all replies

It's ridiculously easy. Just plug it in, Arma picks it up and you can bind axis and buttons at your leisure. I use it to drive vehicles and fly around and it works very well.

Also just a note, when you first run the game with it plugged in, by default Arma 2 enables the 360 controller but disables the second controller (which was the TrackIR for me). You basically just need to go to the list of controllers in the game options and enable them both - after that everything is peachy.

Please BIS, give the PC community full and correct use of the typical PC flight sim joystick.

Analogical throttle and rudder.

Searching for "xbox controller" finds this thread.

No need at all to start another thread, please search before posting, it's a forum rule here and you were linked to the forum rules on joining.