Sign in to follow this  
gone3d

How to show FPS

How do you show your FPS is this game. Is there a list of console commands somewhere?

Hi gone3d

People use FRAPS but be aware FRAPS Will reduce your FPS if you are using FRAPS to record ingame video.

Kind Rgards walker

I have heard of fraps. Is this how people can tell how many fps they are getting? I am not trying to record any video. I just wanna guage my performance.

Thanks.

I have heard of fraps. Is this how people can tell how many fps they are getting? I am not trying to record any video. I just wanna guage my performance.

Thanks.

Yes, it shows FPS by default. You don't need to record video in order to see FPS.

It would be awful nice if BI would put basic engine metrics (frame rate, network latency, packet loss etc.) in the game, either via console or a UI addon... There's really no reason not to have it, as DirectX makes this easy to implement, and direct in game engine telemetry is much more accurate, and less of a resource load then having another Windows Ring-0 driver ala FRAPS, DX Gear etc....

:butbut:

It would be awful nice if BI would put basic engine metrics (frame rate, network latency, packet loss etc.) in the game, either via console or a UI addon... There's really no reason not to have it, as DirectX makes this easy to implement, and direct in game engine telemetry is much more accurate, and less of a resource load then having another Windows Ring-0 driver ala FRAPS, DX Gear etc....

All that is possible via scripting but not sure about packet loss..

Agreed. I really don't understand why an FPS counter isn't incorporated into every game. Simple console command "fps" and voila, you have your fps. Why force to use a 3rd party software for something like that :confused:

Agreed. I really don't understand why an FPS counter isn't incorporated into every game. Simple console command "fps" and voila, you have your fps. Why force to use a 3rd party software for something like that :confused:

Good question as third party tools that run low level drivers to do what they do give a less favorable frame rate as well...

:(

if you're still running on dx9, you can use TSO to show you the fps, but that doesn't work with dx10... ( ie, not on vista or win7 )

All that is possible via scripting but not sure about packet loss..

Did someone come up with some kind of script to do this with ArmA (ArmA 1)?

:confused:

[] spawn {
while {true} do {
	hint str(diag_fps);
	sleep .1;
};
};

I use EVGA Precision to display fps and control gfx fan, but that is only for NVidia cards

You can use EVGA Precision,it shows fps,temperature,clock speeds ect on your display while in-game

Cheers

Do you really need a digit in the top corner to tell you how shit the frame rate is?

well, running high ->v.high settings, and a vd of 10k, i usualy have an fps of 160+ , i can't say that's shitty ! ( arma2 runs way better than armed assault did on my rig ), but it's nice to have a counter, when testing out the settings ( got a gigantic rise in the fps, when changing freom normal to v.high shadown btw )

I use the GFX benchmark mission in the Demo.

Might be a good idea to make a port of it for the full version.

well, running high ->v.high settings, and a vd of 10k, i usualy have an fps of 160+ , i can't say that's shitty ! ( arma2 runs way better than armed assault did on my rig ), but it's nice to have a counter, when testing out the settings ( got a gigantic rise in the fps, when changing freom normal to v.high shadown btw )

Oh My Gawd! What kinder PeeCeeb do you have? What OS do you run? What do you eat for breakfast?!

:eek:

Xfire ftw!

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Oh My Gawd! What kinder PeeCeeb do you have? What OS do you run? What do you eat for breakfast?!

:eek:

I thought they cancelled the techsection at Nasa :eek:

I run a high end car myself, and was able to get a 1000 FPS in Cod4 before i installed my tripple head setup. But I am very curious about how my resolution of 5040 by 1050 is going to be handled.

I'm planning on going widescreen myself and hope to see the 5040x1050 issues resolved.

Sooo... Do you guys think Noraf is... Maybe.. Exaggerating a little?

:o

I wouldn't say Noraf is exaggerating, I get about 140-150 FPS when looking up at the sky ;)

Seriously tho, I get about 60-75 FPS when creating my own scenes in the editor, but if im running campaign or scenerios I get about 35-45 FPS.

Edited by finatk