Sign in to follow this  
Operation Currywurst

Basic Newbie Multipalyer Questions

Ok hi all,

leaving the grafics problems aside, most of my problems are concerning the multiplayer:

How do I choose my class in multiplayer games and how do i decide where to spawn? In one versus game I was spawned in some kind of base and could buy stuff....in a 40 people coop game i was spawned in the middle of nowhere with helis flying over my head. My guy looked like a pilot and was heavily armed with an mp5 - how can I change this?

Next question: How come that when I type something into the chat, the keys dont get looked? This means that while writing my character might run forward, sit down, or get out his compass....quite annoying.

Is it just me or is it extrmely difficult to notice enemies? In the versus game I talked about earlier I bought a squad of 3 ai marines. While aproaching a village they first killed about 5 enemies and where then killed themselves - I never saw an enemy.

Also: How do I conquer a village and how can I request artillery/air/tank support?

Thanks for any answers, thats it for now.

Curry

Depends very much on the mission. Sometimes you can be a pilot who will never get much weapons to choose from but is the only one who can fly the choppers. Other times you might have full access to weaponry. So, it's all about the mission. As I don't have the game, I can't say much more.

Ouch. That sounds like a bug.

It's not just you. Spotting enemies is quite tough, but at the same time realistic. That's why camoflage paint, uniforms, and nets were invented ;) Most of the time in real life, soldiers have no idea what they are actually shooting at. It's much about the supression. Spotting ability might also be graphics setting dependant, and you also get better with experience.

Have no idea about the last one. Don't have the game yet.

You choose the available classes in the lobby. Just take a look on what slots are free and choose the one you like. As CarlGustaffa said, the available classes depend on the mission.

Thanks guys, I played another game afterwards and found out how to spawn in the right place ad the right class. About spotting enemies your right of course, its mostly about playing the game in a proper way i guess. However, it did help to turn postprocessing on low to disable the annoying blur which was stating to hurt my eyes.

Curry

That was Air Cav with the spawning problem, wasn't it? You spawned in the middle of nowhere in that mission because you took over an A.I. controlled unit that appareantly decided it's a good idea to walk to its target (that's ~10km away). Or it ejected from its chopper after having trouble, something like that. Just hit escape and then respawn if you're too far away from everything, should bring you right back to the base in that mission.

Actually, I think I'm the guy who told you to turn postprocess effects to low ingame to get rid of the blur, 604dude here, on the germany-fun server :p

And yes, the chat thing is kinda annoying, haven't managed to die from it yet, but I sure will before it's fixed (or maybe it's some kind of feature, who knows...).

Edited by psycosmos

Yeah, that was on air cav, i think my name at that time might still have been daniel (and it was on that server).

The writing thing must be really annoying for the pilots i guess.

Curry