Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

Think ive triggered FADE

As the title says, i think i might have triggered FADE by using the English language files.

Sometimes hits dont seem to detect or are way off, and at the most unnecessary times my framerates seem to go down.

Like just now when i was fighting with my team on a hill, several squad members got killed, but when i looked in their direction fps went down massively while when i looked at that place before everything was fine etc.

What are the most common 'features' of FADE that i should be looking for?

And more importantly, how do i get rid of it?

I still have the original language files, so i could replace them with the old ones, or should i do a re-install? (preferably not since its a huge download)

The easiest way to see if you have triggered the FADE copy protection is to switch to your sidearm and fire a few rounds at a wall. If you hit the ground, the sky, a dog, and a tree, but not the house, FADE is engaged!

I'm quite sure the language files will not trigger "FADE". It must be something else.

I'm quite sure the language files will not trigger "FADE". It must be something else.

False, a lot of people using the english file have reported fade being set off.

The easiest way to see if you have triggered the FADE copy protection is to switch to your sidearm and fire a few rounds at a wall. If you hit the ground, the sky, a dog, and a tree, but not the house, FADE is engaged!

Isn't that how they've worked since Armed Assault anyway?

Doesn't fade also turn you into a bird and says nice birds don't fly away or something after 10-15 minutes of play?

To be sure you don't trigger it use the english language files as a mod. Don't replace the files. Even if they DON'T trigger FADE, it is the best way to use the files.

I'm not sure either way. AFAIK language patch should not trigger FADE, but meh... well, maybe having PBO that do not correspond to the installed BIKEY file now trigger FADE in ArmA2?

I've heard reports both ways, tbh.

Has anyone tried using the English patch(es) as a mod rather than actually replacing the files? If you do you wouldn't accidentally overwrite the original ones and it would still work and not trigger FADE.

Well everyone should just be patient :) and wait for their respective versions :)

Has anyone tried using the English patch(es) as a mod rather than actually replacing the files? If you do you wouldn't accidentally overwrite the original ones and it would still work and not trigger FADE.

I do and it works fine that way.

Well everyone should just be patient :) and wait for their respective versions :)

Most deffinatley, I'm aching to try out ArmAII, but i'm patientley waiting on the 505 release. We should be upto version 1.02 by then, so a lot of the bugs will be squished also. Win win situation me thinks :yay:

I replaced the files (oops) and it didn't trigger FADE. I think!

I replaced the files (oops) and it didn't trigger FADE. I think!

Fade doesn't always go off right away. The point of it is to degrade over time. SO it may be a week or so till you see any serious adverse affects.

Well, if the English patch works as a mod folder, then let me say this:

Use the English patch as a mod folder!

Did you patch 101 over the modified language pbos? I would think patching over a modified game would engage fade. Before patching you should put old language files back in....

How do you use as a mod folder? Im totally new to ARMA :)

Create a new folder inside C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 and call it @English. Inside it, create an AddOns and Dta folder. Place the language patch files into the proper folders as stated in the readme. Then go to your ArmA II shortcut and add to the end -mod=@English. That will launch it as a mod folder. Replace the backed-up German language files in the folders they used to be in too. That way FADE won't activate.

Hi all

FADE is Anti Cheat/Piracy (ACP) software that was developed and owned by BIS but for which Codemasters own the name, kinda reminds me of something. ;)

The usual cause of Fade is using pirate software.

WARNING!

Using pirate software will trigger the ACP software.

Never ever over write official ArmA content with unofficial patches. It can also trigger the ACP software.

The ACP is made complex and delayed so crackers/cheaters do not know their crack has failed until after they have released, this ruins the crackers reputation, some ACP takes ages before it triggers and other bits trigger off certain events.

DONT PANIC!

If you trigger the ACP software with a language patch don't worry! :)

Three solutions:

Solution 1) In most cases all you need to do is put your ArmA files back the way they were before you put the language patch in. IMHO if you put ArmA back the way it is supposed to be the ACP stops.

Solution 2) If you have been really stupid and not backed up the original files you will probably have to do a full re-install of ArmA.

Solution 3) If you are using a pirate version of ArmA II you have delete it and buy a legal copy of ArmA II.

Help!

You may be able to get help from others in the community who have been through this. Do not ask me! Ask the person who pointed you at the language patch they are the one responsible.

INSTEAD USE A MOD FOLDER!

Mod Folders are safe! :)

If you want to use the language files put them in a MOD folder. Go the the BIS community wikki; it tells you how to use MOD folders. Zipper5's post above also gives the gist of how to fix it.

Mod Folders are safe!

Mod Folders do not over write official BIS content!

MOD Folders are good!

You need to know how to use and make MOD folders in the future for all the great extra user created content you are going to get from the ArmA community! :yay:

Also BIS release some Beta patches as MOD folders so if you want to try out the latest versions of ArmA early you need to know how to make and use MOD folders.

MOD Folders are safe because you can turn them on or off with a shortcut and they do not alter core files instead what they do is replace core file effects, sort of like superseding them.

So in the case of a language files the ArmA content is still there but you are superseding it rather than take away.

DONT BE SILLY IN FUTURE!

I trust you have learned your lesson. If you are a pirate you deserve all the crap you get. If you bought a copy of ArmA II from somemone other than your regional suplier of course you should really have waited for the 505 release. And it appears the language patch may have been illegally released so don't expect BIS to fix it for you.

Still it is good to know the ACP is so good! :yay:

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker
Added third solution

I have tested it numerous times myself and i will tell this to everybody who thinks this: THE LANGUAGE "PATCHES" WILL NOT TRIGGER FADE! FADE only triggers if something modified your game .exe. FADE can be triggered in multiple ways: Cheats, Trainers, modifiying the .exe in any way, No-CD Crack, and lasty a non-legit version will all trigger FADE. These language "patches" are only PBO files. If these are triggering FADE, well then, all other PBO addons would too. So its NOT the language files. If you De-PBO them, you'll see that theres NO code in there other than languages, nothing that would modify the exe.

I think this may just be the worst thread on the forums right now, which is saying something because the general standard in this place is so low. You have so much condescending bullshit from people who really don't know what they are talking about, and panic from gullible people just don't want to listen to reason. It's been said on these forums so many times:

Language Pack does not cause FADE. That's it. I've personally had this game since German release and have replaced the language PBO files and nothing has happened - everything is fine. There are people who know a lot more than you and me about the internal workings who confirm this over and over again.

I think this may just be the worst thread on the forums right now

I think someone needs a cookie and a hug.

Ok.. I've done nothing but the 1.01 patch, and replaced the language.pbo files. After 3 days of playing, I had an m24 scoped in on a stationary man 150 yards away. Nothing at all to hit. I hit all over a 10-15 degree cone shaped area. Above, below, left and right, 6 - 8 foot spread on the bullets.. FADE.

I replaced the language files, made the mod folder and loaded up. Perfectly normal aim.

You be the judge.

I think someone needs a cookie and a hug.

Ill roll him a special cigarette :P, Thanx for starting this thread Disaster I was wondering about this as well.