Sign in to follow this  
Hekktor

Option for Plane / Helicopter steering

Plane / Heli Steering  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Plane / Heli Steering

• Is fine as it is.
    • Give us the choice to select a more realistic steering / flight model
    • Fly what? - Wars are won by groundunits!

MASSIVE UNCONTROLLED WHINE

:j:

If you don't want to play it then fine...

Bye

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Personally I think the flight model is "ok" for helis but there is definately room for improvement. Sudden loss of power in turns, massively unrealistic sink when it is least appropriate are just a few of the things that need looking at but these are just numbers which can be tweaked by BIS when they actually get the game working properly.

To whine like you have here just suggests that you crave attention and you really don't have anything better to do.

I've flown

countless of hours of Black Shark

Clearly you are a world leading expert in flight physics and helicopter handling. Maybe if you just wanted to fly machines that behave like Black Shark you should continue playing it?

Errr, the Arma series has never claimed to be a flight sim.

I don't think anyone is calling for a full-fledged simulator with wind-dynamics,

rotor stalls and engine management, etc. But it's a great leap from "not being

a simulator", to making helicopters feeling like playing Ms Pacman.

My argument is:

- ArmA makes my 100Euro joystic handle as if it was digital.

If they promote it as a "Military Simulation", am I completely out on a limb

if I *presume* it will take advantage of players who has a joystick? It's as

stupid as if playing as infantry didn't support mouse-input.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

:j:

If you don't want to play it then fine...

Bye

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Personally I think the flight model is "ok" for helis but there is definately room for improvement. Sudden loss of power in turns, massively unrealistic sink when it is least appropriate are just a few of the things that need looking at but these are just numbers which can be tweaked by BIS when they actually get the game working properly.

To whine like you have here just suggests that you crave attention and you really don't have anything better to do.

Clearly you are a world leading expert in flight physics and helicopter handling. Maybe if you just wanted to fly machines that behave like Black Shark you should continue playing it?

Oh, geezes...

It's not MY fault you're bullied at school, so stop Trolling me.

Complaining about promised / indicated properties of a product isn't whining.

I like how helicopters move... The flow.

While Black Shark does have that, flipping 50 buttons to get the thing started

is a tad over the top. Also, I like the dynamics of "ground-armor-airsupport"

which is why I played Battlefield 1942 for several years. Battlefield 1942 does

not claim to be a "military simulation", yet the planes in this anchient game

have more characteristics of real planes than the choppers in ArmA2 has

anything with reality to do.

So, when marketed as a "military simulator", certain criteria arizes. They

willingly and knowingly marketed the product falsely since they know people

like you will cry "whiner" when someone points out that the game does not

deliver what the marketing promised.

Q.E.D.

Now go to bed, troll.

Rofl.

Personally speaking as someone who bought this product I find your standpoint to be completely bizarre. Arma 2 is very good at what it does especially considering the size and scope of the game. I am satisfied with the product as marketed regarding this issue as are many people. Please can you provide a specific example of where you think the flight physics/model for helicopters need changing?

I don't remember a single advert that promised a completely realistic flight model for any aircraft in the game (please show me one) and I certainly don't think the flying is as far off reality as you're making out.

Also, complaining generally isn't whining... The way you do it is.

Seriously, Yammo, if you want a high-fidelity Helicopter-sim worthy of your X52/TrackIR-set, you have ONE option. One. And that isn't ARMA2. And you WILL have to deal with having to flip umpteen buttons to get off the ground.

ARMA2 has, for a game that concentrates more on ground-based military warfare, and adequate flight-system. Could always be better, but it's adequate. Take the fact that ARMA2 models a horde of different weaponsystems, you see why they've had to cut a few corners in some areas in order to even get the game out the door within this century.

And, as TechnoTerrorist303 said; This was never a game that promised a high-fidelity system of flight. It would be nice to have all the bells and whistles that DCS:Black Shark has, but they're not here, and this isn't DCS:BS.

You'll just have to deal with it, or start modding.

Rofl.

Personally speaking as someone who bought this product I find your standpoint to be

completely bizarre. Arma 2 is very good at what it does especially considering the size

and scope of the game. I am satisfied with the product as marketed regarding this issue

as are many people. Please can you provide a specific example of where you think the

flight physics/model for helicopters need changing?

I don't remember a single advert that promised a completely realistic flight model for any

aircraft in the game (please show me one) and I certainly don't think the flying is as far

off reality as you're making out.

Also, complaining generally isn't whining... The way you do it is.

I'm giving up speaking any further on the subject since people doesn't seem able to read.

I was never asking for Black Shark to be implemented... But, whatever... I rather just not

play the game at all. Hopefully I can indeed sucker some kid into buying the game from

me.

I'll just close with quoting another player giving his response on "GameSpot".

(Note: OFP = Operation FlashPoint)

User: Wobosh (Jul 27, 2009 1:34 pm PT)

"Drawing a parallel with wooden carved models - IMO the OFP Blackhawk is

as a 1:144th wooden carving that has at least the right shape, dimensions

and general colour if lacking any kind of detail - and for the purpose it serves,

that's perfectly adequate - but the ARMA1 / ARMA2 Blackhawk is as a 1:144th

wooden carving ..... of a horse....

- painted in VERY accurate Blackhawk camo patern tho!"

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/armaii/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-50441797&pid=952481

"over and out"//Yammo

Edited by Yammo

You say you would rather not play the game at all? Get out.

Also I wouldn't complain people can't read when your knowledge of the english language is so limited you can't even construct a sentence properly...

Your knowledge of radio protocol is also pretty limited.

You don't really have much going for you do you?

Sad to see you go? I don't think so.

Also, the box says nothing about being a realistic flightsim... I think you're just imagining that bit.

Good luck in finding your accurate trollercopter simulation, I'll stick to arma2 and the real thing thanks.

Edited by TechnoTerrorist303

long time ago when i used to play Jane's USAF i was tought to taxi at 25 kmph speed ...also in ofp it was real easy to taxi but i find it very hard to maintain that speed in Arma and Arma2 when taxing ! so you got my vote

My GF used my PC earlier and to my horror I jumped in a heli and my joystick has been unplugged...

No matter, keyboard is actually even easier to use.... -___-

I really would like more difficult choppers, all choppers are near useless anyway as it is easy to track them with any MG or APC weapon and hit them over and over again at any range...

I'm using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

First, Ive spent a lot of time behind the stick of ultralights and small planes so im not totally blowing hot air.

It seems to me that the flight model itself is great, not too simple and not so complex we all have to train for 2 years to fly a jet. But I HATE how ARMAII sees my joystick and how the throttle works.

I have no control what-so-ever. I get almost no change in control from the ingame sensitivity and the analogue throttle doesn't work with my throttle slider. I've tried to make its own profile in the Profiler with no gain.

Sometimes the game ignores the joystick input, sometimes I barely move it and I'm instantly upside down. Flight is impossible for me.

It seems like the joystick is sitting ontop of a D-pad and randomly deciding when to push the buttons. It also seems that it only has 8 directions (left, right, up, down and up+right, up+left, down+right, down+left).

I want to be clear, I'm not asking for full analogue. Just a decent 'digital' setting for a joystick. ie 16 directions with 4 levels of intensity, so I can turn sharp or soft as I see fit for the current situation.

The current controls are a joke. I use flight simulators to framliarize myself with airports and therefore know what a simulator should behave like as well.

I really like the way infantry handles in this simulation but the flight controls are pitiful.

I have to say that the controls in this game are indeed funky when it comes to jets and the like, but I'm sure BIS knows the problem, but they just don't know how to fix it.

Chopper wise i dont think there is much problem, Jet wise they still need many tweaks to make it good, thrust control is borken, rolling speed too fast(RKSL made a easy tweak which creat a more decent FM), just to name a few

The aircraft area easy to fly, easy to land on carriers, and easy to hit targets with unguided munitions after a little bit of practice. Any changes that make the flight model more accurate/realistic would be appreciated. :)

Chopper wise i dont think there is much problem, Jet wise they still need many tweaks to make it good, thrust control is borken, rolling speed too fast(RKSL made a easy tweak which creat a more decent FM), just to name a few

Meh, even if it's about as realistic as BF2's aircraft (Drops like stones near stall, going faster in a CLIMB, horrible gliding) it'd be satisfactory.

My gripe is with control input... for me the flight model itself could be quite ok if the control inputs were handled better...

I've said this before in a number of other posts, but it cannot be stressed enough...

helicopters MUST be able to use analogue throttle, or at least analogue throttle MUST have priority over the digital one...

as of now, there's really no way to fly airplanes with the new analogue throttle and still fly helicopters without conflicting control bindings or having 2 joysticks... the helis don't respond to analogue throttle and if you map both controls to the same joystick axis, the digital one wins out in fixed-wing aircraft, and you're back where you started.

IMO, BIS should bend every possible effort if it is at all possible to make the flight and vehicle simulation more realistic... A large part of the player base is in for the flying... I know I find it most fun... I just wish BIS would fix these little but immensely problematic issues

Cheers