Sign in to follow this  
aussieterry84

Morphicon/Metaboli Invalid CD Key Issues

I contacted Metaboli straight away and i am INCREDIBLY INCREDIBLY FURIOUS AT THEM! LIke bluewave said they are REFUSING to give support.

here's what they emailed back to me...

We are very sorry but we cannot help you further with this matter, as we here at Metaboli only provide the buy&download service and can help if you have problems purchasing, downloading or activating the game. You should turn this matter to Morphicon, as they are better qualified to answer questions on game, gameplay or other such issues.

This is their support address :

http://www.morphicon.de/Support.4.0.html?L=1

noticed that bit i highlighted from their email to me about this

I dont get why people are having problems with this..I got mine from morphicon, just about 2 days ago, and i got mine downloaded, they sent me a working CD-key. Anti-virus maybe blocking the online activation?

Also getting the same error message, contacted Metaboli and just like AussieTerry I was given the same response. I've done the support contact with Morphicon which was all in German.

We are very sorry but we cannot help you further with this matter, as we here at Metaboli only provide the buy&download service and can help if you have problems purchasing, downloading or activating the game. You should turn this matter to Morphicon, as they are better qualified to answer questions on game, gameplay or other such issues.

This is their support address :

http://www.morphicon.de/Support.4.0.html?L=1

Come on BIS I want to play online!!

Come on BIS I want to play online!!

I don't think BIS can help you, it's the publisher that should be supplying Metaboli with keys.

Did you guys try to mail Morphicon/PeterGames? Seems like quite few people are having this problem.

If you manage to get anywhere, post here so others with the problem can see.

I don't think BIS can help you, it's the publisher that should be supplying Metaboli with keys.

Did you guys try to mail Morphicon/PeterGames? Seems like quite few people are having this problem.

If you manage to get anywhere, post here so others with the problem can see.

I received a key and it works fine to install the game but once in the game Multiplayer for anything is just Invalid CD Key.

I can't host LAN / Internet and cannot join Internet games.

I sent them an email this morning but it's a German tech site hopefully they translate my support ticket =)

For sure will do that!

I don´t want to accuse anybody but since ArmA 2 is in the warez scene for a few days now it´s kinda hard to determine if some ppl just want to check if there is a workaround to circumvent the key check for online gaming.

The same for some gameplay issues; could be fade.

No offence, just saying!

If you got an legit version my tip would also be to contact morphicon (best with prove of purchase) i am sure they gonna help you.

Legitimate buyers have their electronic receipt, and a good job we do.

If you got an legit version my tip would also be to contact morphicon (best with prove of purchase) i am sure they gonna help you.

Yup contacted them but no response as yet, fingers crossed we hear back before tonight!!

Please keep us updated on any news so any other players can get it fixed faster.

Thanks

Great. Reply from the e-mail which sent me the activation code/CD-Key said:

Thank you for your message to the Games Planet customer support.

Regarding your request of 5 June 2009....

Unfortunately, we cannot in this case directly help. We at Planet Games represent only the download portal available and therefore offer support only for download, installation and activation problems.

For problems with the game and starting the game, with questions regarding gameplay, multiplayer problems with accounts and multiplayer settings, etc., please contact directly for technical support the Games Publishers: http://www.armedassault.com/de_support.html

Yours sincerely,

Games Planet Customer Support

Gamesplanet.com / DE

Talk about pass the bucket :mad:

I was a little more friendly, so I think they realised they should try to help a little more... Quite refreshingly helpful! Thanks Games Planet customer support!!!!

Thank you for your message to the Games Planet customer support.

Regarding your request of 5 June 2009........

Make sure that the serial number you have entered is correct - best to copy the serial number from the email into the input window, in order to avoid input errors.

It may happen that personal firewalls, antivirus programs and other security applications or any existing emulators, virtual drives, etc. software conflicts with the software activation and trigger the activation block. Please disable such programs for a short time from the activation ..

If the automatic activation still not working, please select the option for manual activation. The required unlock code can be found at the following site using the serial number and request the code (from the activation window) to create:

https: / / support.securom.com / PAunlock / index.php? lang = en & c = 1000

If this too does not work, please email again.

Yours sincerely,

Games Planet Customer Support

Gamesplanet.com / DE

Good morning to everybody, has found really last night the same problem.

I remain waiting for answer to the mail.

What you guys are basically saying is that BIS is responsible for the contents of my posts as it goes live, effectively my content on their site, right here.

Metaboli was a distributor for the game on behalf of Morphicon/PeterGames. As such the content distributed by Metaboli belonged to Morphicon/PeterGames. You shouldn't be contacting Metaboli for MP related issues if you've got beyond the install/activation phase, which you have, you're in-game. Your issue is key authorisiation for MP, who's responsible for it? who knows.

Boggy, you should be ok, many of the German population under 40 seem to speak english quite well. You can use Google's translator if you have any other issues, but include both the translation and the original English text in your communication.

Here's a webform for support queries of this nature, translated via google (it's not on the english site: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://petergames.de/Kontakt.56.0.html&sl=de&tl=en&history_state0=

Jamie.

Yes, but what the kind lady at kundensupport@gamesplanet.com is saying is that it is possible that securerom is not registering, but the CD key is valid, so it is allowing you to play the game (as if you were not connected to the internet) but not access multiplayer.

I'm afraid that BIS are not able to help with these kinds of CD Key issues, however I'll keep this thread open so that people can help advise and support each other.

Nedley how did you go with the manual unlock process??

Re-installing the game because you need the Securerom Unlock Request Code that comes up when your typing in your CD-Key.

I'll let you know.

Im half way through reinstalling now, They sent me the same responce. Will give feedback soon.

Just reinstalled it but didnt get the option to activate my cd key, nedley any luck?

I'm afraid that BIS are not able to help with these kinds of CD Key issues, however I'll keep this thread open so that people can help advise and support each other.

Why? The game is installing and activating fine, it's just that we're being stopped/blocked from joining or hosting a Multiplayer WAN game. Sounds like an issue BI should be sorting out. Making a game and refusing responsiblity for a crippling issue, which isn't down to user error is complete bull, regardless of if there is CD Keys involved, you chose the publishers. You're making it sound like you're doing us a favour by not locking the thread!

Edited by BlueWave

I deleted game, removed securom files with securom removal tool, reinstalled the game, activeation code accepted by securom, installed ok. But still the same problem on joining multiplayer Invalid CD key!:o