Sign in to follow this  
almaniak

StarForce doesnt land

Hello

I'm currently in the 3th mission of the campaign (where you become the squad leader and you gotta find the evil chedaki guy) and I'm having a problem with Starforce (the chopper transport).

I requested an extraction but the chopper doesnt seem to land, it just keeps hovering high in the sky and I cant use the transport option again (cause it says (active)). Is there any way to reset or cancel the first transport command?

Any help is appreciated :)

I have exactly the same problem, starforce either does not land, or crashes into a random tree that is ways away from where i marked the LZ.

just hijack a hummve or a civil car, you will get around much faster.

Edit:

Also the medic never gets in the chopper on his own, he has to go around like 50 feet away in a huge circle before getting in, and he gets stuck running into choppers rotor endlessly!

Edited by Welcome To Hell

To change where the chopper is supposed to land, open up the map again. Then press F1, select the 2nd last entry (forgot what it's called) to bring up the support menu. Then place the mouse on the map location where you want to have the pick up / drop off and choose the transport from the menu again. It'll take 2-5 seconds and then the drop off / pick up spot is relocated.

If the chopper can't land at the designated spot (due to obstacles, trees, houses or terrain features), then it'll try to pick a suitable spot nearby. Sometimes the pathfinding algorithms seem to take their time finding one.

The only time when Starforce didn't land for me at all was when I tried to let it land in an area marked as red (in the Manhattan mission). It just hovered over a clearing in the forrest and didn't touch down at all.

I had this happen a couple of times. Re-issuing the command elsewhere doesn't help. Firing rounds into the cockpit made him straighten up and do what he was told every time.

First of all ,try patch to 1.01,it improved the pathing AI.Or else try order your SF land on a flat place with no trees in 50m radius,when the place is full of objects the AI will try to land on somewhere else and that may cause the SF crashing.

When that happens, you can order your team to dissembark and after that the copper will try to land on the nearest spot he can land too. At least that solved for me

This solve a lots of landing problems, if not, try to move the copper in someplace else and after that in the same position or someplace near that. It will be best if you have some knowledge in mission editing (with scripts and commands lines) because that will open your eyes in solving most of the movement problems. The idea is not to reset what the pilot knows that he must/have to do (scripts or order lines), but to override those. I hope you understand what I am trying to say and it will help you somehow

Edited by Ezethiel

So I called the Helicopter for extraction in the Campaign from Star Force 21. Now we're all sitting in the chopper and I don't know how to order the pilot to leave...

any suggestions?

With the map open, bring up the communications -> request support menu.

Then move the cursor on your map to where you want to land, when it is over the place you want to land select the transport (active) option in the menu. He should verify the order by saying something and you will fly off.

Kill the crew and fly by yourself :p

don't forget to order your teammates to kill them ;)

i used a humvee however, drove up to the middle red cross because the CDF guy said he was between stary sobor and this other place so i chose he middle one, on my way up i casually bumped into the second guy i had to capture who was driving south on the road.

Once i captured him the mission just ended and i was sad. I wanted to find the fool who killed Miles

I'm currently in the 3th mission of the campaign

3th=phail :D Edited by SASrecon

Really sorry about the old thread, but it was the best one I could find and I wanted to confirm this.

I requested support on the street in Gorka thinking Starforce 21 could land on the street and it couldn't, and so it flew a little farther away and tried to land but there was a building underneath, so it just hovered there, and I couldn't reorder it or move it. The pickup location icon changed but it stayed hovering over the building.