Sign in to follow this  
bloodbomb

What does ARMA 2 have that Operation Flashpoint 2 doesn't?

Mate, you ever heard 'bout stereotypes? :D I remember that some time ago, there was INFO regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky Collectors Edition in Poland and Russia, and one of the German users asked "What about us, Europeans?" Well, maybe it's not what i was mentioning before, but it's kinda funny, don't ya' think?

Well, it isn't that true. I've met plenty of immature British twats on Xbox Live playing Call of Duty.

Will OFPDR have the same mod potential like ArmA and ArmA 2? If not, it will be played and forgotten.

Hahahaha! Sorry, I don't think I loaded that with quite enough sarcasm :D

Edit:

Sarcasm.
Ok, someone got it :)

How is that immature to judge somebody by the games they have played ? it shows the genres they like and their style of play, hinting to the type of person they are.

Yes, well, if you'd said "going by the games you play you'd probably like DR more" would have been find. but you said "going by the games you play your immature". Not liking military sims doesn't make you immature.

Besides, Mount&blade is to oblivion what arma2 will probably be to DR.

Was in the morning i posted that so was half asleep anyway :P

always a problem :p

Besides, Mount&blade is to oblivion what arma2 will probably be to DR.

LOL! Well said! :D

OMfg. Its cleer that opf2 will be better cos it wont't be stupid like arma2. ofp will have better guns adn sounds and is being made by more people so it will be better. arma will be bugyy and so will not be a good game and opf wil be way cooler anyway. arma2 isnt real cos it hasnt got as many devs and so opf will be more better. also opf will be on the xbox which will mean that it is a better game cos they will then focus ther efforts on making the gameplay good. graphhics are not even that goold they just make my computer lag. the only reeson opf hasnt given out more information is cos they are waiting to beat arma2 and it will be the best game ever. ofp wil be a more hardcore sim becos codemastars are have more expereence with games and have done 400 gygabite of real data and torked to real military people. it wont be limited by multy platform anyway cos the xbox is way better than anything. xbox has morer players too and better graphics. ofp will win:rolleyes:

He's obviously trolling because of some parts including

"also opf will be on the xbox which will mean that it is a better game cos they will then focus ther efforts on making the gameplay good."

And his spelling/grammar.

there is something which i know ofp 2 have that arma 2 doesn't.

it won't have that much bugs on release.

it will take less patches and less time to be stable.

Edited by ryan80

W00t!!!!!! Mount&Blade is to Oblivion REALLY like ARMA to OFPDR. The thing is, ARMA has better graphics than both M&B and Oblivion, and i think it's visual style is better than OPFDR. Oh, and in ARMA you have a c00l healing system, which makes battlefield even more dramatic, while OFPDR is like COD4: Your teammate dies? Oh well, too bad. He'll be replaced in few seconds

there is something which i know ofp 2 have that arma 2 doesn't.

it won't have that much bugs on release.

it will take less patches and less time to be stable.

That's OK. BIS is a much smaller compay so in order to for them to get the money they need to to get by, they have to release something fast even if it's unfinished and or bug-ridden. It's completely understandable.

If BIS would have as much resources as CM, then....shit! We could probably be able to use most of the vehicles\weapons that are existing, while CM with BIS resources would do shitty, City Interactive-like shooter for people who don't have anything better to play

I think this game doesn't originate from OFP1? Totally developed by other game team? Not sure whether could have easy mission editor and Mod developing tool just like OFP1 and ARMA.

CTD... ton of ...

I played many many many hours of Operation Flashpoint CWC and then got the expansions xfire doesnt show this as i stopped playing the game when i got it.

What i meant to say is why judge someone by the games xfire has logged them playing?

and in ARMA you have a c00l healing system, which makes battlefield even more dramatic, while OFPDR is like COD4: Your teammate dies? Oh well, too bad. He'll be replaced in few seconds

You dont know what your talking about there is healing system for OPF:DR lol you just made all that up =P

TBH i like how you command your troops in Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising from the videos i have seen of the command ring.

Edited by REXinator

CTD... ton of ...

And you know OFP-DR won't have CTD how?

The (true) argument of "we don't know anything about OFP-DR" goes both ways ;)

Well, Dragon Rising is based on EGO engine (the GRiD game) so it'll probably be very stable and lookin' good. All the stuff 'bout DR i told was just a kind of joke (like if you didn't found it out yourself) :yay: I am sure that i will play it when it comes out. :D

I'll tell you what ArmA2 has that Dragon Rising does not: real user feedback.

We have not got a thread big enough!

Well, Dragon Rising is based on EGO engine (the GRiD game) so it'll probably be very stable and lookin' good.
DIRT and GRID don't run too well either.

They do. On my PC :D 9600GT, Phenom X3 2.4GHZ 2GB RAM and everything's working okay on "ooltra" high

Aint spending a dime on...well that wanna be ArmAII title. Also I don't support thieves, my 2 cents.

Well after playing arma 2 on a dutch server lastnight iam perfectly happy with my arma 2 :) i got over 500 points taking one city as they kept taking it back. I was able to call in two tactical nukes, the first took loads of apc's, trucks and tanks out and the second took down all the buildings in the city, i even had a crowd watching as all the players moved to the hills to watch :D was a good laugh...want more.

I cant take seriously anyone who just wants to slate OFP2 in a typical fanboy manner, it looks very promising in its own right.

ARMA2 has the potential to be greater but that purely relies on BIS making a game which works out the box properly without a million patches, I lost interest in Arma1 within a couple of months because it was just full of bugs, wasted my money on that one and this time i'm a little more cautious.

I have downloaded my copy of the demo and look forward to playing it later to see how things have come along, if the basics still dont work then im guessing I will never find what I seek from this company, which would be a super shame as I was a real die hard OFP1 fan.

Does ArmA 2 have Thermal Imaging?

Because Operation FLashpoint Dragon Rising does...

Source

Yes and No. It does though I'm still not sure how if it's really temperature effected or gradient, either way the system they have employed works and we get both White hot and Black hot.

However currently this is for whatever reason only shown on the UAV and nothing else, hopefully the community will be able to 'unlock' this feature so that we may use it on...well everything. (At the risk of sounding stupid I wonder if they wanted to 'hide' this feature from certain crowds...eh anyway)

Also from pictures seen of vehicles and infantry there is atleast some temperature reflection, but being that we don't have the right tools none of us are 100% certain as to wether or not these are extra textures or something else.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5072/4r5dt4.jpg BTR-90 sighting.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8973/10cunvq.jpg various infantry along the road

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/730/vo391t.jpg what look like a UAZ and something else, possibly another UAZ.

The unsharpness could be due to the fillrate/3D resolution, I'm not sure since somebody else took these images and the youtube video's appaer to be sharper.

Either way I would hope DR actually does have this feature and implemented as a real thing not just greyscale. By which I mean a simple removal of colors but everything 'stays the same'.

Edited by NodUnit