Sign in to follow this  
bloodbomb

What does ARMA 2 have that Operation Flashpoint 2 doesn't?

Hopefully they concentrate on performance in the next patch :)

Luckily I don't have that problem.

Using a Q9550 at 3.6ghz, 4 gigs of ram, and a GTX260/core 216 and it pretty well handles this game.

Luckily I don't have that problem.

Using a Q9550 at 3.6ghz, 4 gigs of ram, and a GTX260/core 216 and it pretty well handles this game.

....and a partridge in a pear tree... :yay:

I've never played the original OpF, or ArmA I (and I'm awaiting ArmA II to unlock on Steam :)), so take this comparison with a grain of salt. But based upon the videos I have seen of ArmA II and DR, ArmA II seems much more focused upon working with your squad mates. In the E3 demo videos of DR, the gameplay reminded me of CoD in that the player seems to take the 'heroic lead' with his AI cohorts just providing some basic support. In the ArmA II videos I've seen, it seems as if there is no 'heroic lead' but just the player and his AI cohorts working closely together at all times.

Edited by RookStrike

that logic doesnt work , they are shoving this game out the door , no major changes will come of it.

THE COMMUNITY HAD TO POINT OUT THE FACT THAT THE CHINESE IN THE GAME WERE WEARING POLICE UNIFORMS.

Dont try to say im wrong either , multiple people that went to e3 were MAJORLY dissapointed

Really? Police uniform? But which one? There're two types of police forces in China, the regular police of the Ministry of Public Security, and the People's Armed Police, which is a branch of our Army, the PLA.

Edited by Amuro

When i talk to people i knwo about ARMA 2 and OPFDR they ask this..

"Wtf is ARMA2? or ARMA1? never heard of it"

This is the same when i post news of the ARMA on other forums.

OPFDR hasn't even really began advertising properly and it already has more fans than ARMA 2

I didn't think the missions were terrible. I thought they were severly bugged, and they are. Perhaps you'd like to go argue this point with the 100's of people posting in the official and multiplayer missions forums right now, reporting bug after bug, and in the campaigns case it prevents completion on several levels.

LOL, exageration ftw!

To be taken more seriously, I think you should talk about thousands, if not millions, of player that can't play the game. Really, apart from like 4 guys in the workd, no one can play it, everyone knows that!

OPFDR hasn't even really began advertising properly and it already has more fans than ARMA 2

REally? I didn't even know there was an OFP:DR until fairly recently.

Well considering looking at your xfire bar your playing sims 3, played the most of mount and blade & call of duty kinda explains your imature rply simply.

Can i just say that simply due to a game having more fans does not make it a better game, if you look back many games that have mass fans are normally over hyped. Assassins Creed had loads of fans, an extreme amount till it was released then they left. oh also OPF2 is coming out as multi platform so that kinda lowers it in most ways, anything multi platform is always gone very wrong in an area/s.

oh and REXinator many of the fans will be LITTLE kids mostly from consoles that act like gits when it comes to 2 same styled games.

He never said having more fans made it a better game. His reply was not immature. Yours was.

He never said having more fans made it a better game. His reply was not immature. Yours was.

Very Much Agree :)

Well considering looking at your xfire bar your playing sims 3, played the most of mount and blade & call of duty kinda explains your imature rply simply.

Can i just say that simply due to a game having more fans does not make it a better game, if you look back many games that have mass fans are normally over hyped. Assassins Creed had loads of fans, an extreme amount till it was released then they left. oh also OPF2 is coming out as multi platform so that kinda lowers it in most ways, anything multi platform is always gone very wrong in an area/s.

oh and REXinator many of the fans will be LITTLE kids mostly from consoles that act like gits when it comes to 2 same styled games.

Im pretty sure if you judge someone by the games they have played then your very immature and need a good spanking little boy =P

I never said anything about the amount of players make it a good or a bad game i learnt this from cod.

Thats because its comming out on consoles whilst Arma 2 is a pc only game for now

Thats because its comming out on consoles whilst Arma 2 is a pc only game for now

Another thing is that Codemasters are living on the Operation Flashpoint name. The only reason they have more "fans" is cause people think its Operation Flaspoint which its not.

Another thing is that Codemasters are living on the Operation Flashpoint name. The only reason they have more "fans" is cause people think its Operation Flaspoint which its not.

And maybe, just maybe it will be a finished product ;)

Meaning zero future and evolution, then sure, it will be "finished" ;)

Im pretty sure if you judge someone by the games they have played then your very immature and need a good spanking little boy =P

How is that immature to judge somebody by the games they have played ? it shows the genres they like and their style of play, hinting to the type of person they are. i think i took what you said the wrong way, as normally iam having to defend arma from bad comments from ofp2 fans and bad press. What i was rly doing was giving my opinion on why it may have more fans without much publicity yet in the second part i was saying.

Was in the morning i posted that so was half asleep anyway :P

Edited by xxstalker24xx

While I don't have the time to read all 30 pages of replys I have read the first 6 or 7 and I disagree with what alot of you have said.

1) I think "Dragon Rising" looks better the colors just look more vibrant and bright all the videos of ARMA2 look a little dull.

2) The talk about being able to edit your mission DR has mission editor(PC only) its a full mission editor so to say that ARMA2 is going to be better we don't know.

3) While I will agree that DR is aiming more towards casual it will very much be a hardcore sim. It is hard to back this up when you have people the comment made from E3 about being shot in the head and its not a big deal but in there defense that was a "Demo" they said many times that they had a "GOD" mode on. And its still the fact that its a "Demo" "Work in Progress" would you like someone to critictize your work when your not done with it?

4) While I would have liked planes its not a deal breaker because it is very true what CM has said that Air Support is not used the same anymore. I played tons of BF2 and that is not real there is no way to pull that off thats real and fun at the same time. A real Pilot never really sees his target.

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising is made for Americans\Casuals\COD4 players, while ARMA 2 for the rest

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising is made for Americans\Casuals\COD4 players, while ARMA 2 for the rest

I'm American, and i like Arma 2 :/

Mate, you ever heard 'bout stereotypes? :D I remember that some time ago, there was INFO regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky Collectors Edition in Poland and Russia, and one of the German users asked "What about us, Europeans?" Well, maybe it's not what i was mentioning before, but it's kinda funny, don't ya' think?

Been mentioned before, but the community's better from what I've seen. ArmA 2 is the game that I can see having mods made for it for another few years, and ArmA has very, very good clans who take stuff seriously(ShackTac etc.). I can also see it having better youtube videos. I don't really know why, but it may be repeats of the camel dogfight posted earlier in the thread("This is SHACKTAC!" cracked me up so much). That said, I've still got Dragon Rising preordered

I'm American, and i like Arma 2 :/

I agree with what he means though, I too am American, just because there's a few of us doesn't mean the rest of the Americans aren't COD retards :P

Been mentioned before, but the community's better from what I've seen. ArmA 2 is the game that I can see having mods made for it for another few years, and ArmA has very, very good clans who take stuff seriously(ShackTac etc.). I can also see it having better youtube videos. I don't really know why, but it may be repeats of the camel dogfight posted earlier in the thread("This is SHACKTAC!" cracked me up so much). That said, I've still got Dragon Rising preordered

i've never ever seen a community like the ofp/arma community in any genre, short of MMORPGS, theres tons of people modding in the community who have been doing it since OFP in 2001... nothing beats this community.

OMfg. Its cleer that opf2 will be better cos it wont't be stupid like arma2. ofp will have better guns adn sounds and is being made by more people so it will be better. arma will be bugyy and so will not be a good game and opf wil be way cooler anyway. arma2 isnt real cos it hasnt got as many devs and so opf will be more better. also opf will be on the xbox which will mean that it is a better game cos they will then focus ther efforts on making the gameplay good. graphhics are not even that goold they just make my computer lag. the only reeson opf hasnt given out more information is cos they are waiting to beat arma2 and it will be the best game ever. ofp wil be a more hardcore sim becos codemastars are have more expereence with games and have done 400 gygabite of real data and torked to real military people. it wont be limited by multy platform anyway cos the xbox is way better than anything. xbox has morer players too and better graphics. ofp will win:rolleyes:

OMfg. Its cleer that opf2 will be better cos it wont't be stupid like arma2. ofp will have better guns adn sounds and is being made by more people so it will be better. arma will be bugyy and so will not be a good game and opf wil be way cooler anyway. arma2 isnt real cos it hasnt got as many devs and so opf will be more better. also opf will be on the xbox which will mean that it is a better game cos they will then focus ther efforts on making the gameplay good. graphhics are not even that goold they just make my computer lag. the only reeson opf hasnt given out more information is cos they are waiting to beat arma2 and it will be the best game ever. ofp wil be a more hardcore sim becos codemastars are have more expereence with games and have done 400 gygabite of real data and torked to real military people. it wont be limited by multy platform anyway cos the xbox is way better than anything. xbox has morer players too and better graphics. ofp will win:rolleyes:

facepalm.jpg

you best be trollin dawg