Sign in to follow this  
bloodbomb

What does ARMA 2 have that Operation Flashpoint 2 doesn't?

awsome ground textures !

i am not joking whoever did the work on those textures deserves a medal :D

they are really beautiful and immersive.

So far the ground textures seen in Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising's screenshots look really subpar.

Ok, i am going to put my honest thoughts here.

I think flashpoint 2 will be a better game than arma 2. Now coming from someone that loves arma as much as i do, that is a bit of a shocker. But here are my reasons:

Dragon Rising is going to be a whole lot less buggy and stable than arma, and also will have much smoother, immersive gameplay, especially singleplayer. The graphics engine will probably be much better optimized, although obviously being made for consoles will be limited.

The HUD, command, and gameplay interactions are probably going to be a whole lot better aswell, much smoother and easier to access. Overall, on paper Dragon Rising will be alot better than arma 2, it's just going to be an overall much better polished game.

But that's the downfall. Dragon Rising is made by a large budget mainstream developer, codemasters. That means the community will be complete garbage as will the support from official members. I mean can you possibly imagine the CEO of CM posting all the time in Flshpoint 2 forums? Of course not!

The game, although probably alot better, will be made for consoles gamers. And that means along with the community, the realism will be hugely affected. There will be no where near as many mods as arma gets for a start, and it will feel more like cod than it will arma.

I am going to buy Flashpoint 2, and i am probably going to play it alot, but it will never, ever have a hope of equaling what arma 2 offers.

It's like a war veteran Vs a student:

The student knows how to correctly place and detonate the C4 in theory, but in practice he's going to get his ass whooped by the veteran who done it a million times before!

Richie, i think you are entirely wrong. In my opinion OFP2 will be horrible. No realism, headshots don't kill, graphics are subpar, battlefield bad company movement and weapons, 4 vs 4 multiplayer, It just looks horrid.

ya richie you are wrong on almost all fronts about operation flashpoint 2

the game will be terrible , its not even comparable to arma 2. Maybe ghost recon advanced warfighter

but not arma 2 and the original flashpoint by any means

We'll see, i don't think it will be realistic at all, but i think it will be similar to cod 4, and as arcadey as cod 4 was it was good fun!

i get what richie is trying to say, and I agree with him on almost all fronts.

it sounds funny I guess.. but I LOVE when a new bohemia game comes out and it has bugs.. because I know it will be an amazing game that will be supported... with op flash 2... who the hell knows what.

so like Richie says, the war vet(bohemia) wins out this time! Op flash 2 will be the better "game"... and thats why we will all hate it lol.

!!??

OF:DR will not be a better game just because it's smoother, easier or dumbed down. It'll simply be a tween version of ArmA2.

We'll see, i don't think it will be realistic at all, but i think it will be similar to cod 4, and as arcadey as cod 4 was it was good fun!

Ya , but it wont be fun at all , one of my freinds went to e3 and got to play it and he told me he was suprised they did not cancel the game yet

A buggy, nearly unplayable, singleplayer campaign?

I'm trying to stay a fanboy here, but come on with some of these bugs.

As for OFP2, I'm gonna give it a chance before making such damning statements. Noone has played it. Noone even knows the solid details about it yet. What if it turns out to be realistic, less buggy, and more optimized then ArmA2? All are very possible.

A buggy, nearly unplayable, singleplayer campaign?

I'm trying to stay a fanboy here, but come on with some of these bugs.

As for OFP2, I'm gonna give it a chance before making such damning statements. Noone has played it. Noone even knows the solid details about it yet. What if it turns out to be realistic, less buggy, and more optimized then ArmA2? All are very possible.

we know its not realistic so the point of the game existing is to suck money from the retards who say "bu but u havnt played it!1" "it could still not suck!1"

Seriously , there is no "pro" argument for Opflash 2

Period

we know its not realistic so the point of the game existing is to suck money from the retards who say "bu but u havnt played it!1" "it could still not suck!1"

Period

When its released make all the comments and smart words to whoever you want, until then we are all wrong until proven elsewise!

When its released make all the comments and smart words to whoever you want, until then we are all wrong until proven elsewise!

that logic doesnt work , they are shoving this game out the door , no major changes will come of it.

THE COMMUNITY HAD TO POINT OUT THE FACT THAT THE CHINESE IN THE GAME WERE WEARING POLICE UNIFORMS.

Dont try to say im wrong either , multiple people that went to e3 were MAJORLY dissapointed

Don't forget "I was just shot in the head, but it's nothing serious".

shoot the red barrels , they explode!

Period

As opposed to ArmA2, who's two major forms of gameplay, the campaign and multiplayer (as well as several SP missions), are both nearly unplayable in their current state?

Lets be fair here. ArmA2 is very flawed at the moment and the only definative information about OFP2 has come from an E3 demo that was explained away by the devs as missing lots of things and being dumbed down for time.

I hope they aren't lieing either because I could use another good military shooter to go alongside Arma2 when they fix it's major issues. I stand to gain nothing by OFP2 being terrible, so I'll wait and see what it's actually like.

As opposed to ArmA2, who's two major forms of gameplay, the campaign and multiplayer (as well as several SP missions), are both nearly unplayable in their current state?

Lets be fair here. ArmA2 is very flawed at the moment and the only definative information about OFP2 has come from an E3 demo that was explained away by the devs as missing lots of things and being dumbed down for time.

I hope they aren't lieing either because I could use another good military shooter to go alongside Arma2 when they fix it's major issues. I stand to gain nothing by OFP2 being terrible, so I'll wait and see what it's actually like.

I can play sp, and mp just fine......

What the hell are you talking about? Its fine.

And did you also forget there is an editor so you could have made your own perfect mission if you thought the BIS missions and multiplayer was terrible

By the time OFP2 comes up i'd imagine Arma2 will be much, much more stable anyway. (probably more stable than OFP2 would be at release)

Ah, as to the topic, or the reverse of the topic, OFP will have countermeasures while ArmA2 does not.

I want to remain a good fanboy but ... but I really do want countermeasures.

Ah, as to the topic, or the reverse of the topic, OFP will have countermeasures while ArmA2 does not.

I want to remain a good fanboy but ... but I really do want countermeasures.

Oh come on you can't even fly jets and choppers are A.I. AFAIK!

Haha! Yeah, good point, but still, a bad element of one game does not make the lack of a good element in another excusable. Can't wait for ArmA2 though.

I can play sp, and mp just fine......

Then you are playing a different game.

The campaign is bugged badly. There's a 5 mission stretch (without giving any spoilers) where every mission is so bugged that you can't complete them without a cheat sheet of workarounds. I know because I've done them.

The Multiplayer is also suffering from a ton of problems. A simple read of the Multiplayer forum will show the widespread problems being experienced.

Anyone that claims this game is fine is delusional or hasn't actually played the game.

That isn't to say the core game itself isn't good, because it is, but I'm level headed enough to be fair in my reports of the game as a whole. I fully expect it to be patched up and working months from now. I also fully expect a great expansion campaign that actually works at some point. That doesn't excuse the problems now.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

What the hell are you talking about? Its fine.

And did you also forget there is an editor so you could have made your own perfect mission if you thought the BIS missions and multiplayer was terrible

I didn't think the missions were terrible. I thought they were severly bugged, and they are. Perhaps you'd like to go argue this point with the 100's of people posting in the official and multiplayer missions forums right now, reporting bug after bug, and in the campaigns case it prevents completion on several levels.

Edited by bonchie

eh..... Single player has worked pretty much perfect for me, except for the big city missions that slow down. Only time I've run into a show stopping bug is in the online coop.

eh..... Single player has worked pretty much perfect for me, except for the big city missions that slow down. Only time I've run into a show stopping bug is in the online coop.

If you play the campaign long enough you'll start seeing what I mean.

The good thing is that the game itself is great, IMO at least. The movement, weapon handing, vehicles, AI (usually, sometimes they bug out), are all some of the best I've seen. The island is also the most immersive place in a game I've ever played in.

Eventually the bugs will get ironed out.

If you play the campaign long enough you'll start seeing what I mean.

The good thing is that the game itself is great, IMO at least. The movement, weapon handing, vehicles, AI (usually, sometimes they bug out), are all some of the best I've seen. The island is also the most immersive place in a game I've ever played in.

Eventually the bugs will get ironed out.

Hopefully they concentrate on performance in the next patch :)