Sign in to follow this  
bloodbomb

What does ARMA 2 have that Operation Flashpoint 2 doesn't?

I'm really excited about Armed Assault 2 and Operation Flashpoint 2, they both look awesome.

Problem is I'm only buying one, and one will probably be better than the other, so I have to choose.

Why should I choose ArmA2 over Operation Flashpoint 2? What does it have that Flashpoint2 doesn't? Whats the difference between the two, I'm confused. Which ones the grittier, more realistic? Which one is more customizable? Which one has more weapons & vehicles etc etc

Anyone know?

Anyone wanna sell me on ArmA2?...cause im damn close..

Better graphix, planes, atmosphere. Those 3 would/did turn my head. And don't forget the community. I was into OFP2 before but I turned back.

If you like OFP/ArmA you choose ArmA 2, if you like Battlefield 2 you choose Dragon Rising.

High-command, Warfare mode, command options that are indepth and not shallow and basic like in OFP2 (afaik from latest E3 video's), atmosphere, realism, endless modding capability, endless mission editing capability, best co-op out there uncomparable to anything else, living/breathing environment, and gameplay close to the original OFP. The list goes on for a while for everything ArmA 2 has and Dragon Rising lacks lacks.

(From here on out i shall only be adressing OFP2 as Dragon Rising as i cant even use the OFP name for it without shuddering at the thought it is supposed to represent a sequel to OFP)

No limit according to Multi Player slots.

You can play with over 100 people.

Have you seen the new OFP2 ingame video? It's an awful arcade shooter like Call of Duty, not a sim.

You can only really appreciate BIS after you see what kind of crap other companies make :P

I was going to add more stuff to the argument but I wont, I think you have your answer Bloodbomb!!

Buy Arma2, simples!!!

Don't forget free head movement. That's my top favorite.

It also got animals, civilians, in-game mission editor, unique gametypes (Evo and Warfare), strong mod/addon community, UAV and airplanes, dialog system and one hell of a enviroment (plants, grass, terrain, etc.)

depends if you want a chocolate bar or a chocolate island :)

most games is the snickers bar while Bis is the chocholate island with hot chocholate and cold chocolate and all the worlds brands of chocolate available :)

Well, OFP2 is OFP in name only. ArmA2 therefore has proven pedigree.

And, ArmA2 is available right now :)

Edited by DMarkwick

BtW, it is now just "arma 2" not armed assault 2. so arma is actually a word, not an abreviation of a word. but that is off-topic. and i'm being a word nazi.

excuse me...

First of all it's relased, or will be relased soon where you live.

2. All you see in the previews/videos/screens etc. buggy or not is 100% real and ingame in comparison to Codemaster's photoshoped/CGI artworks.

3. ArmA is a well known brand in the gaming industry. Best AI, great island, quite good realism, and what's most important enormous modding capabilities, and a great community. Ppl still play/make mods for OFP, not to mention ArmA. You buy one of this games, you play for ages. There are realism/ww1/ww2/sci-fi/vietnam/iraq/afghanistan mods etc.

4. It's basically an evolution of OFP (which was BIS product from the beginning, now CM have only the name). If you liked either OFP/OFP:RES/ARMA you'll enjoy ArmA 2. That's for sure.

5. BI supports their games years after the relase.

When it comes to CM, it looks like (And I'm not even taking into consideration the lie about them being the creators of OFP.) a large percent of what they're telling/showing you aboyt the actual is just a lie. Even if I'm not right and the'll manage to bring something remotely comparable to ArmA 2 (And it would be cool, cause we would have 2 good games instead of just one), well...it's a matter of future.

Edited by funnyguy1

:D I see what you did there, copy pasting posts and making both foras CM and BI do the research for you. If you're too lazy to browse youtube and both forums for information, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is probably offering what you're looking for.

Armed Assault has BIS and OFP2 has codemasters .....

thats good enough for me :p

Cuz ARMA2 comes out in two weeks & OFP2 comes out in September. When you think about it, you can save up your money after you buy A2 and get OFP2 when it comes out also, problem solved....

Edited by TCEd

err.. OFP2 is ArmA2.

I don't understand the question.

edit: Another thing, Armed Assault 2 does not exist. What exists is ArmA2 and not Armed Assault2.

Edited by bravo 6
noobs

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising leans more to wards the console market and Armed Assault leans most to realism gamers and hardcore War Sim players..

Armed Assault 2 Definite will have the better customisable options as everything can be changed in some way or other and with a great mission editor with endless possibilites.. But your best bet will be to wait for demos for both games and then decide for yourself

Wait out the release of OFP 2 and see what it's actually like; I can't believe how much negative speculation is built around the idea that it's being done by a big publisher. It's got a dedicated dev team who seem enthusiastic towards the 'ofp ethos' and I'll be interested to see what they come up with (to me it looks like somewhere between SWAT 4 and the original Ghost Recon so far, not a bad thing).

Armed Assault 2 is definitely more of what you come to expect with Armed Assault/OFP. If you like them and don't want any messing with the core dynamics, then ArmA 2 would be where to go.

Edited by DaveP