Absolutely Ridiculous Uses of the AttachTo command

"That's no ordinary rabbit!"

Description

Turns a rabbit into a killing machine

Download

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/attachTo/Killer_bunny.utes.rar

To implement in your own mission

1. Copy across the killer_bunny folder into your mission folder

2. Create a playable rabbit (it could be any type of animal really) and put this in its init line: nul = [this] execVm "killer_bunny\kill_action.sqf"

To use

Just run up to a person and use the "Kill pesky human" action when you get within 5 metres.

Limitations

If a player is crouching the bunny will attach in thin air - if people are really interested I can fix this

killer_bunny.jpg

PS: If someone's is good at creating blood spurts I've got a little job for you.

Edited by norrin

What can i say but... HAHAHAHA!!

Funny stuff Norrin! :) Gotta love the MP boys. And very cool you all exploring this commands possibilities. I cant wait til i get my copy of ARMA2 so i can start create some cool (also useful :) ) attachements.

Good job so far!

Regards

Alex

Best new feature in ArmA II ! :yay:

Thank you Norrin for the information and the effort.

Almost spit out my morning cup of joe when I saw this - love it!

I'm forseeing a Zombie Bunny with possible Lasers mod in route...

LOL...greetings from Monty Pythons :p

Nice idea :cool:

One small suggestion for the C-130 is adding the following lines to open the cargo ramps before the car is moved inside (see original post from Tomsen http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1304021#post1304021)

this animate ["ramp_bottom",1];
this animate ["ramp_top",1];

If you want the side doors open too just put:

this animate ["door_2_1",1];
this animate ["door_1",1];

Side.jpg?t=1244583340

Yes, the action is not available for the player but the animation is already there in the model.

Back.jpg?t=1244583544

I hope this is useful for you.

Cheers

Edited by geloxo

It's a "nice to see" feature but you cant walk into the c130. The reason is not the height of the ramp but the collision model :( The same goes for the Osprey.

You can walk around in the C130, once you're inside. The collisionmodel just wont let you enter. So this can be done my making some sort of "enter cargospace" action. Not the most realistic solution but better than nothing.

Now, I've promised an cargoscript haven't I ?

Here it is. Oh and geolox, I've had the same idea. Those animations are already included in the script :).

cargoscript.sqf

Put this in your c130 init or use it somewhere else.

[this] execVM "cargoscript.sqf";

Features:

- loading/unloading of all landvehicles and boats in c130 cargo, limited only by their dimension

- animated ramps (they open before loading/unloading and close afterwards

- unload in midair and your cargo gets drop with a parachute

- passengers of a vehicle in cargo are moved on a c130 seat when they leave their vehicle while in cargospace (noone will accidently fall out of the plane ;P)

- the vehicle you want to load has to be placed near the ramp

I've not tested this in multiplayer yet and it may need some adjustments for this use. Singleplayer should be fine though.

Edited by Tajin

Awesome trying now m8

hmm i cant get it too work

Edited by Jantemplar

Damn.

Wait, I'll give you the last tested version using two files. I've merged those two files into one, but I couldn't test it at the moment so maybe I have an small bug there somewhere that I didnt notice. However, the 2-file version should work.

http://tajin.evilhosting.de/arma/cargoscript.zip

Init:

[this] execVM "c130cargo.sqf"

ty ill try agin

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Nice its working, next thing i have to figure out is to make it as a automated Vehicle respawn system :)

I was playing around with a way to launch landing craft from the LHD. This is just a test version exploring possibilities. It doesn't support AI. I presume this rig is meant for some sort of boat hoisting.

th_LHD_BoatLaunch.jpg

Download test mission: LHD_BoatLaunch.utes.pbo

To use:

- there's an action on the towing tractor to teleport to the boat launch platform (since there are no stairs).

- turn on the boat engine to launch the boat into the water

- turn off the boat engine to lift the boat back into the hoisting rig while under it

- use 'get out' to get back on platform

- then use action on the warning signs to teleport to deck (the signs also prevent you from slipping off the launch platform)

Design hurdles and findings:

- it seems you can't use the LHD to attach the boat since the boat keeps dropping every 1 second as if the attach is not checking it regularly enough. Therefore I used the towing tractor for all attach and teleport actions.

- facing the boat at 180 make the default getin/getout actions work better without falling in water

- It's a shame the rear LHD dock doors are closed. It would have been better just to leave them open, since the water is already usable inside the bay. Hope they improve that.

man that seems awesome!!! :)

Love you guys for showing this! makes my wait for the Arma 2 much more bearable with all the cool discoveries that people make all the time :yay:

For me the C-130 Script isnt working for some reason, I added it to a Herc but I cant start it with the Init line i always get a error.

Which C130 script are you referring to mate? The one by Tajin or the one by norrin? Either way can you post what you're putting in the init line please?

wow that latest c-130 script is awesome! Loading a humvve then fying over the drop zone and parachuting it is awesome!

Glad you like the script Xavion, I'll probably post an updated version this evening when I get home. (could be late)

Multiplayersupport will be added later on, can't do this now. (ArmA2 still won't let me join any servers :( )

is there anyway to change the distance from the vehicle (c130) that you get the load cargo option (further out)

could this be changed to add ammo crates that can be dropped parachuting ?

is there anyway to change the distance from the vehicle (c130) that you get the load cargo option (further out)

sure

_near = nearestObjects [_loadpos, ["Land","Ship"], 8];

look for this line in the code and change the "8".

PS.: the distance is measured from the ramp at the rear so if you had any problems getting things loaded up, just place them at the back of the c130.

could this be changed to add ammo crates that can be dropped parachuting ?

yup

_near = nearestObjects [_loadpos, ["Land","Ship"], 8];

same line as above, replace the "Land","Ship" with the classnames of the ammocrates or add them to the list.

Sry for being a nub in scripting, but what script are u referring to by using a ammo drop via e.g. playne and what it the script call?

This:

http://tajin.evilhosting.de/arma/cargoscript.zip

Init:

[this] execVM "c130cargo.sqf"

Posted in the same topic btw, so you only had to look at one of the earlier pages. :rolleyes:

the init is used in an c130, which is then able do load vehicles in its cargospace and unload or drop them.