Sign in to follow this  
BlueWave

Invalid CD Key

I bought Arma 2 online from metaboli yesterday, and after a couple of hours waiting I recieved my key. The game installed and activated fine, but when I got to join a Multiplayer game I get the 'Invalid CD Key' message. I've now reinstalled it a couple of times to make sure the CD Key wasn't wrong, and tried both copy/pasting and typing it by hand. What do I do? :(

Mail Metaboli. They should give you a new key or at least know what could have gone wrong.

I'm not sure if the game actually deletes the old key when you un-install it. Maybe you can delete it and try entering it again, although I don't know where it is stored.

Well I've reinstalled Windows 7, so it's definitately not a problem with my computer. Waiting for a reply from metaboli.

Did you solve the problem with invalid CD key? Because I have the same problem, bought it yesterday to from metaboli. Answer from metaboli was that I should turn to PeterGames, so now I'm waiting answer from them.:sad:

Did you solve the problem with invalid CD key? Because I have the same problem, bought it yesterday to from metaboli. Answer from metaboli was that I should turn to PeterGames, so now I'm waiting answer from them.:sad:

Sadly not :( Metaboli have sent me the same email. I've also had a PM from another forum member who is also having this problem. Looks like there could be quite a few of us!

Sadly not :( Metaboli have sent me the same email. I've also had a PM from another forum member who is also having this problem. Looks like there could be quite a few of us!

Also having the same issue - I have emailed Metaboli (who said not our problem contact Morphonic?) and so have sent the email onto that group with no response back yet. The support site for Morphonic or Peter Games was all in German so that was interesting.

Fingers crossed I get a response before the weekend!

Other than this frustrating error I am loving the SP but would be happy to get some MP action going!!

Same problem -.-

I just finished downloading, patched up to 1.01 and went for some multiplayer action and nien sorry, invalid CD key.

Can I please have the support contact address? I cannot find it. Bought from Metaboli also. Be warned: buy elsewhere!!!

kundensupport@gamesplanet.com

That is the email they told you to send to for metaboli support in the email.

A friend also has this problem, Please post any feedback you get.

Installing my game now so will see what happens.

Edited by Zetki

No answer yet from PeterGames/Morphicon!!:smiley-grimmace:

I did reinstall of the game and still the same problem.:mad: It looks like someone give away not activeted keys, god dammit!!

Finally I can post here, too.

Got the same problem with my Gamesplanet/Metaboli Download.

A friend gave me his key for testing and it works, so the game files are fine.

They really ship bad keys! :mad:

No word yet from morphicon. :(

/e: Oops, didn't see the sticky.

Edited by kRush

No answer yet from PeterGames/Morphicon!!:smiley-grimmace:

I did reinstall of the game and still the same problem.:mad: It looks like someone give away not activeted keys, god dammit!!

maybe you got no answer because people that work there don't speak English? You bought German version, so don't expect support in English.... :rolleyes:

Hi,

Got an answer from Marek, the issue seems to be that a new batch of CD Keys were created I guess to meet extra demand for the German version of the game and they're awaiting registration with the Game servers, fingers crossed that should be happening some time this afternoon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Paul.

Taken from http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73655&page=4